Choc to fly flag again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
HAVING just helped his Melbourne Storm side claim the Toyota Cup (under-20) premiership, peninsula junior Dane Chisholm is hoping a ``big’’ pre- season will help him graduate to the NRL next year.
Chisholm and former Sea Eagles hooker Jai Jones-Wiegold were both part of the Storm side that defeated the Wests Tigers in the NYC decider at Homebush on Sunday.

Peninsula junior Dane Chisholm played a leading role in Melbourne Storm's Toyota Cup grand final win on Sunday.

A try just six minutes from fulltime to fullback Gareth Widdop saw the Storm claim a come-from-behind 24-22 win and cap a memorable day for the club.
Chisholm, the son of former Manly halfback Rick Chisholm, played a strong role in the win having a hand in two of his team’s five tries.
While admitting there was still plenty of areas in his game he needed to hone, the 19-year-old hopes to get a taste of the top grade in 2010.
``It really is a big off season coming up ... I would love to get a chance (first grade),’’ Chisholm said on Monday before boarding a plane back to Melbourne.
``You really don’t know because things can happen pretty quick. This time last year I was playing in the semi-finals for Mullimbimby.
``Now I’m winning a comp with the Storm.
``Our (Toyota Cup) squad is so talented, I think there’s a few boys ready to step up to the NRL. I hope I can do it.
``There’s a few things I need to improve on like my defence and involvement in the game.
``I’d like to do a bit more.’’
For Jones-Wiegold, the premiership victory vindicates his decision to leave the Sea Eagles at the end of last year and explore other opportunities.
``It got to the point where I just needed to get away and try something new,’’ Jones-Wiegold, whose last win in a grand final was with the North Curl Curl Knights under-17s, said.
``It’s my first time living away from home, not having my mum’s cooking all the time and having to do things for myself.
``It’s the best thing I could have done.
``It’s helped me both on and off the field.’’

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4