Choc -- the stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HOLY ****!

269M is huge.........

HE has come such a long way

Outstanding. It's no wonder they call him The Army of One. Choc did us proud in defeat.

What did Kite run for?  50?  He's starting to resemble the halcyon days of King circa 2004.

I just hope Choc doesn't burn himself out too early.  In saying that we needed him last night and he came through for us, put us in with a chance.

He's got to be the best forward in the NRL surely...

Our props' meters and minutes:

Josh Perry: 45 min, 52 metres
King: 39 min, 80 metres
Kite: 34 min, 31 metres
Rose: 34 min, 54 metres

The scary thing is i think i saw Kite take a hit up and he made 10m on that run.  So that leaves 21m for all his other runs combined.
That's pretty bad

CliffyIsGod link said:
Our props' meters and minutes:

Josh Perry: 45 min, 52 metres
King: 39 min, 80 metres
Kite: 34 min, 31 metres
Rose: 34 min, 54 metres

WOW!! I thought Rose was quite effective.. But gee.. Kitey, I love you, though you need to pull the finger out asap!

Starting him from the bench doesn't seem to be working.. What will..?

King was the only half decent prop on the field.
Rose, Perry and Kite should hang their heads in shame. 50 or so metres is poor, im sure our backs would have had double that.

My criticism on Manly was that we were looking for lateral ball rather than hitting it up the guts. We were looking for offloads rather than hard yards up the middle. We were also hitting towards the half and five-eight, trying to to run them around.

My guess is that they played to Dessie's game plan. The lack of metres of all the props surprises me.

Kite, despite his lack of metres was very solid in defence as was George. Surely Des has to take some of this heat???

Mark Geyer said on Talkinsport yesterday arvo that it was 1 of the most dominant ever displays EVER by a back rower

I'm basically lost for words on how well Choc is playing. In the past couple of years he'd pull out a game like this (though not quite this good) and we'd all sit up and go "wow, that's what he can do"....but he's done it every week for the last eight weeks now.

He is playing incredible footy and getting the praise he richly deserves.

My only fear is that he is using up so much petrol trying to get Manly into a safe position before Snake gets back. Surely nobody can keep these kind of performances going, week after week, until the end of the year? Although....Choc is regularly proving me wrong every game these days....

The two things that were wrong with Choc a year ago was:
a) his ball handling skills
b) his mentality

Sure he lost the ball from trying to attempt a silly offload last night but usually he would drop the ball 2-3 times, push some silly pass & go missing for 10-15mins in a game whilst also shwing some devastating impact when on form. He is currently showing that devastating impact without those stupid errors... so far.

Its a common occurance to seem his get some "magic" spray onto his hands before a match & for him to be catching and passiing continually to get his mind on the job.

Hmm go me thinking soo Chocs on what 52 tries or so, how is his current strike rate? could he match the legendary evergreen Beaver?

how far off the dally m lead was choc when it went undercover. He would have pooled a lot of points recently, but so too would ahve soward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4