Childish Manly & Bad Guy Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Only ENN and ARR separate the surnames of Bennett & Barrett and the similarities don't end there. Both are now unwanted by their current club, both are looking to squeeze their current employer by hanging around when they are not wanted and both are trying to double dip by being paid out from their current club and taking on a new contract at another club during the same time frame.

However, the similarities end when it comes to media treatment, proven success and the reason for leaving their current club. Wayne Bennett has won a total of 6 titles for the Broncos with one runner up and 4 minor premierships. Bennett built the Broncos culture from scratch and has been told he is not wanted at the end of his current contract. Barrett on the other hand has had nothing to do with Manly's previous success He has never won a premiership as either a player or a coach. He has a dismal record as a head coach at any level, barely making it into the semis for Manly in 2017 before being belted out. So he complained that he was not supported enough and just so as to cause a maximum impact on Manly financially has tried to snooker the club & resigned mid way through a season to ensure he finishes up midway through next season and force Manly to pay him out to avoid it.

Problem is when it comes to the media these two coaches are not treated the same.

Coach A: Is being portrayed as being petulant and treating his club poorly by wanting a pay out. His poor old club is just looking to move on.

Coach B: Is being lauded as a poor soul who's only wish was for a couple of extra staff and a nice outdoor furniture set for the players. His club are evil, childish and poorly run, they won't pay him his fair dues and are treating him wrong after all he had done for them.

I wonder if you could tell me which is Coach A and which is Coach B?

I'm guessing Wayne Bennett must be Coach B. I mean, it is obvious! Isn't it? After all Wayne has done for the Broncos, the success he has brought them, he didn't want to leave, it is only fair he should get a pay out for his last year as a thank you. if they are looking to move him on then it would be childish not to just pay him out, right? its not like they don't have the money.

The reality is that these two couldn't have been reported more opposite, Trent getting the puff piece treatment and Wayne getting a belting. Could it be that News Ltd own the Broncos so they push the Broncos agenda whereas they make money selling papers with anti Manly sentiment?

This whole thing just proves how agenda driven the media are. No success Trent who quit, deserves a payout and Manly are childish. Bennett who built the club and won them 6 titles and is getting the boot is an areshole for wanting a payout when they forced him into his move. It is a joke, should be the other way around.

Last edited:
Only an E,NN and a A,RR separates the surnames of these two and the similarities don't end there. Both are now unwanted by their current club, both are looking to screw over their current employer by hanging around when they are not wanted and both are trying to double dip by being paid out from their current club and taking on a new contract at another club during the same time frame.

However the similarities end when it comes to proven success and the reason for leaving the current club. Wayne Bennett has won a total of 6 titles for his club with one runner up and 4 minor premierships. Bennett built his club from scratch and has been moved on at the end of his current contract. Barrett on the other hand has had nothing to do with his current clubs previous success never won a premiership as either a player or a coach, has a dismal record as a head coach, barely making it into the semis in 2017, and has complained that he was not supported enough so has resigned mid way through a season to finish up midway through next season.

Problem is when it comes to the media these two coaches are not treated the same.

Coach A: Is being portrayed as being petulant and treating his club poorly by wanting a pay out. His poor old club is just looking to move on.

Coach B: Is being lauded as a poor soul who's only wish was for a couple of extra staff and a nice outdoor furniture set for the players. His club are evil, childish and poorly run, they won't pay him his fair dues and are treating him wrong after all he had done for them.

I wonder if you could tell me which is Coach A and which is Coach B?

I'm guessing Wayne Bennett must be Coach B. I mean it it obvious! After all he has done for the Broncos, the success he has brought them, he didn't want to leave, it is only fair he should get a pay out for his last year as a thank you. if they are looking to move him on then it would be childish not to just pay him out, right? its not like they don't have the money.

The reality is that these two couldn't have been reported more opposite, Trent getting the puff piece treatment and Wayne getting a belting. Could it be that News Ltd own the Broncos so they push the Broncos agenda whereas they make money selling papers with anti Manly sentiment?

This whole thing just proves how agenda driven the media are. No success Trent who quit, deserves a payout and Manly are childish. Bennett who built the club and won them 6 titles and is getting the boot is an areshole for wanting a payout when they forced him into his move. It is a joke, should be the other way around.
Bennett won 6 title's with a roster that was the Qld SOO team.

You are missing the point, It is about the media's bias toward our club. I couldn't give a f0ck about either of these 2 aresholes.
I didn't miss any point,half way thru you blurb you said Bennett won 6 titles,I was jus stating the fact he wasn't that good,if he didnt have the team he had,they would be like they are now.
Manly have been slaughtered by the media for years.
As far as Barrett goes,he's gone

Pretty fair analogy really . one coach in Barrett tenders his 12 months notice fully aware of the general disarray and disruption that this move would then cause for both his players and employer club and his very questionable actions receive virtually no serious or warranted media criticism or attention . Bennett while perhaps not being motivated with the best of intentions is at least prepared to adhere to his contract arrangements yet is being panned on a regular basis right now . Hypocritical posturing by many in the media again , Manly has and continues to be unfairly and unreasonably targeted and very rarely gets any proper treatment or balanced perspective from the media . Maybe the times will change eventually in this area but not any time soon unfortunately .

FMD ... Bennet has a contract for 2019 to coach Bronco's .... just because that self entitled cry baby Siebold believes the world should accomodate his wishes wants to leave a year early ... why the hell would Bennett uproot and move before he has to just to please a bunch of dribblers ....

Bennet is too good for them ..... play 'em off a break and make the punchies pay .....

Welcome to Waynes World Siebold you coachroach ..... lesson #101 ...... how to upset a goose ...

Bennett is going to screw the Donkeys in any way he can. I am prepared to put the red pen through the Vermin and the Donkeys for next season as the uncertainty about who is coaching who has to have an affect on both of them.

Manly were blasted over the so called treatment of TB and when you watch this circus its pretty minor what the affect on our club has.

Another sign of the total lack of leadership in the game and that a contract is really not worth the paper its written on!

Ever since Wayne thought with his little head instead of his big head, the media have been more willing to go hard against him. In fact, the media almost seems to look for reasons to go hard against him these days, which is fine with me because he was a protected species for so long.

I agree that, all facts considered, you would expect the treatment of Bennett and Barrett to be reversed. The thing with Barrett is that he got his version of the story out first and that became the ‘truth. It often pays to be the first mover when it comes to the media.

Ever since Wayne thought with his little head instead of his big head, the media have been more willing to go hard against him. In fact, the media almost seems to look for reasons to go hard against him these days, which is fine with me because he was a protected species for so long.

I agree that, all facts considered, you would expect the treatment of Bennett and Barrett to be reversed. The thing with Barrett is that he got his version of the story out first and that became the ‘truth. It often pays to be the first mover when it comes to the media.

No he didn't Ranga .... he responded only after Penn, Gorman and Zorba all went to the press in a combined first strike character assasination .... it was just that the media correctly placed little credability in two of those pillars of truth .....

No he didn't Ranga .... he responded only after Penn, Gorman and Zorba all went to the press in a combined first strike character assasination .... it was just that the media correctly placed little credability in two of those pillars of truth .....
You are right that Barrett only spoke on record after Penn gave his DT interview, but Barrett’s side of the story was being pedalled in the media through Gould and (I assume) Mimis well before that.

You are right that Barrett only spoke on record after Penn gave his DT interview, but Barrett’s side of the story was being pedalled in the media through Gould and (I assume) Mimis well before that.

The facts have probably been lost amongst the opinion over the past 3 months ....

Let us just look forward to and enjoy a huge 2019 ...... The boys (Donny, Ballin, Monnas, and Crusher) are back in town ....

What the Bennett/Barrett sagas underline is that until a lawyer creates a contract on parchment which is binding - and not ones that are written on tissue paper - then rugby league will continue to be a joke.
Players, coaches and clubs seem to be able to do as they please.
For example, how is Valentine Holmes not asked to compensate Cronulla for breaking his contract to "do a Hayne?"
How are coaches and players allowed to sign new contracts with their current employer's rivals (ie. different NRL clubs) one year or longer out from completing their obligations with their current club?
The whole situation is bad for fans and the sport in general.

What the Bennett/Barrett sagas underline is that until a lawyer creates a contract on parchment which is binding - and not ones that are written on tissue paper - then rugby league will continue to be a joke.
Players, coaches and clubs seem to be able to do as they please.
For example, how is Valentine Holmes not asked to compensate Cronulla for breaking his contract to "do a Hayne?"
How are coaches and players allowed to sign new contracts with their current employer's rivals (ie. different NRL clubs) one year or longer out from completing their obligations with their current club?
The whole situation is bad for fans and the sport in general.

The contracts are binding .... they can only be broken if both parties agree or compensation or dameages are paid .....

The problem is that clubs don't have the town halls or will to hold players to them .... or more correctly don't see any benefit in keeping a disaffected player on the books .... or to take it to court ... most just want to do what cronulla did ... piss em off and use the cap money as quick as you can ....

However this raises the flawed attempt of Manly to introduce a 12 month notice period ... also a minefield ...

.. perhaps a general clause stating that a payment of x is required for any early departure ... so a player knows if he wants out early it will cost him say a $100k ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4