Childish Manly & Bad Guy Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The contracts are binding .... they can only be broken if both parties agree or compensation or dameages are paid .....

The problem is that clubs don't have the town halls or will to hold players to them .... or more correctly don't see any benefit in keeping a disaffected player on the books .... or to take it to court ... most just want to do what cronulla did ... piss em off and use the cap money as quick as you can ....

However this raises the flawed attempt of Manly to introduce a 12 month notice period ... also a minefield ...

.. perhaps a general clause stating that a payment of x is required for any early departure ... so a player knows if he wants out early it will cost him say a $100k ...

I think clubs will realise they have to protect themselves & will eventually insert a clause into all coaches contracts stating that if they should happen to sign a contract with another club then they will have to leave at the end of the current season with no compensation to be paid by either party.

I know it could open Pandora's box but I think we're seeing it being prised open right now & it's obvious the clubs are powerless to stop their coaches signing with another club a year in advance - at least my idea means the posturing we're seeing going on between Souffs/Siebold & Bronx/Bennett & what went on between Manly & Barret will no longer happen.

Basically, you want out? Get out at the end of this season but you only get paid for the time you actually worked here.

Last edited:
Bennett never wanted to leave the Broncos.
It was the Broncos who publicly went out chasing Bellamy the cheater, then publicly went to tender again and picked Seibol.

All this done with Bennett have well over one year contract owing.

I applaud Bennett for what he is doing as it's so damn good seeing the Broncos in this world of self imposed pain.

I think clubs will realise they have to protect themselves & will eventually insert a clause into all coaches contracts stating that if they should happen to sign a contract with another club then they will have to leave at the end of the current season with no compensation to be paid by either party.

I know it could open Pandora's box but I think we're seeing it being prised open right now & it's obvious the clubs are powerless to stop their coaches signing with another club a year in advance - at least my idea means the posturing we're seeing going on between Souffs/Siebold & Bronx/Bennett & what went on between Manly & Barret will no longer happen.

Basically, you want out? Get out at the end of this season but you only get paid for the time you actually worked here.

Agree there is a problem, but in this instance it is the clubs that are the problem themselves ... both clubs approached opposition coaches over a year before either of their current coaches contracts had expired .....

The **** fight though is hilarious ..... because as it transpires ... the clubs found themselves in the situation of signing each others coaches so brains being brains ... they said to themselves ... let's just swap ... all happy families ....

That is until Bennett .... (they underestimated him) ... he didn't want to leave Broncos in the first place and is quite prepared to see out his contract ... the more they wanted it the longer he appeared to consider it, probably asked for and was refused some consideration .... he's played them like a straddy- various ..... hahahah ...

Siebold has blown up like a private school boy who has had his hair mousse confiscated ...

I predict Bennett will get his severance pay ..... hahahahh ...

2 points first and most important how good is it we arent the OFF SEASON bitches this year its the NRL darlings the BONGOS and the rabbids hahahahahah

Secondly brent read has reported bennett to be gone by today apparantly lol what a shemozzle the plot thickens

With a big cheque on the way ... what's he on .. $800 - $1 mil ....... money for jam .... another Bennett masterclass ......

... and poor dumb as bat poop Siebold likely leaves Souff's by agreement .. hahahahahahahahhahha .. hehe hehe

Major major share holders “ Newscorp” who probably run the NRL decided they had enough of the issue and made the call to sack him , what a joke the game is.

No he didn't Ranga .... he responded only after Penn, Gorman and Zorba all went to the press in a combined first strike character assasination .... it was just that the media correctly placed little credability in two of those pillars of truth .....

You are right that Barrett only spoke on record after Penn gave his DT interview, but Barrett’s side of the story was being pedalled in the media through Gould and (I assume) Mimis well before that.

I remember this well....

Gorman came out on a huge PR campaign in late April to get the club back on track. He gave a few interviews including this one, note the dates.........

Mon 30 April
https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/inside-the-nrl/2018/inside-the-nrl---episode-8/

and this one.....
Sun 29 April

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/29...-nrl-squad-manly-sea-eagles-ceo-lyall-gorman/

Then all his good work was undone within days by this (I couldn't find the Gus story on the same day which if I recall went into detail supporting Trent and detailing Manly's shortcomings).......

Wed 2 May
REPORT: Manly coach Trent Barrett holds ‘crisis meeting’ to address coaching future

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/trent-...gles-nrl/3e3239ba-f3ff-456d-8be4-2f4f3ecd9f34

Last edited:
Well fair to say Bennett won. Sacked by donkeys which I dare say means a nice parting payout and then starts a new job tomorrow.

Can't imagine souffs are paying the same coin so a nice 800k+ thankyou goes a long way.

It is not about Barrett this is "Smoking Gun" proof about how unfairly and badly our club is portrayed in the media and the obvious agenda against us. It is not always easy to show proof of it as we just perceive it, but here you have a situation in black and white and it shows just how much we get the wrong end of the stick.
Of course we're the bad guy. Every organisation needs a bad guy. The media love to play the tall poppy card and we're it even though we are one of the poorest clubs in the league.

I understand what your saying, but don't think that would work in Bennett's case.

He was told (so we have been led to believe) that he wasn't getting a renewal and was told to leave at the end of 2019.

He would be well with in his rights to find employment elsewhere and sign for 2020 which he did. It was the donkeys who wanted a swap now, not him, so he was entitled to tell the donkeys he is staying put or be paid out.

While you could insert a 'sign elsewhere and your out' clause it would only apply to all years prior to the final year (similar to NRL player contracts). You would also need a "your free to look elsewhere" option. Both instances would apply to Bennett anyway.

Preventing someone signing onto new employment contract for the following year in their last year of a contract is a great way to have Fair Work knocking your door in. Especially if you have been told your contract is not being renewed.

I understand what your saying, but don't think that would work in Bennett's case.

He was told (so we have been led to believe) that he wasn't getting a renewal and was told to leave at the end of 2019.

He would be well with in his rights to find employment elsewhere and sign for 2020 which he did. It was the donkeys who wanted a swap now, not him, so he was entitled to tell the donkeys he is staying put or be paid out.

While you could insert a 'sign elsewhere and your out' clause it would only apply to all years prior to the final year (similar to NRL player contracts). You would also need a "your free to look elsewhere" option. Both instances would apply to Bennett anyway.

Preventing someone signing onto new employment contract for the following year in their last year of a contract is a great way to have Fair Work knocking your door in. Especially if you have been told your contract is not being renewed.
You don't hear much of them nowadays but the 'additional two year option' covers this off in favour of either party or both. Obviously if contracts mean nothing, an option is probably worth one eighth of nothing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2