Cherry-Evans is old school manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mataiforever

Bencher
I know he cops flack and has his off days but Chez is no doubt best half in comp on his day. Him and Jake are some of the best leaders in the comp.

Best thing about Cherry even outside his running game and captains challenges is he is old school manly. He’s the squads last attachment to the legendary Stewart-Lyon era. He knows how to dig in and also keep the silky plays in the game like they did and having a bloke at the club who has that experience just pays its dividends.

Manly is heritage, Manlys heritage is winning.

Keep it going, DCE teach the boys, and the Turbos will take us through this next great decade.

Last edited:
he was great tonight in the 1st half. We didn't have much ball in the 2nd. Great win and hopefully we can build and get a roll on. Afb get the jab... do it for Manly! Wont hurt much

Mataiforever

Bencher
He will have off days, would love him to be as consistent as Cronk or the like but he’s not. He more than makes up with it on his good days, at his peak he is up there with best in the game.

He is a leader and lets just hope that he keeps a stable head for this next 6 weeks, if he doesnt drop the ball 3+ times a game we will win a majority of them. Tonight has kept us well alive for finals hope.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm not convinced on the leader call, he tries hard on that front but it doesn't come naturally to him. Played well tonight, the sort of performance he should be putting in week after week. Nothing spectacular, just made good use of our go forward when it was there and an improved long kicking game. I'm not getting too carried away because Parra were pretty bad - that try that DCE scored was as soft as any I've seen all year. Even Levi's one was pretty poor defence.

Our first half was good, we seemed to run out of steam at the back end of the first 40 but got that try right on half time thanks to a nice kick from Chez. That was the killer blow. Second half was patchy as hell and completions pretty poor, but we had some injuries and HIA's. Luckily we gutsed out. Cherrys long kicking game in the last quarter was the best he has come up with for a while. Found the grass consistently.

If he delivers performances like that every week then he will rarely attract any criticism. We all know he is capable, just needs to find that level of consistency and composure the really good players have.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
He is consistent ,consistently inconsistent.
Good tonight though Cap,lets keep it up..

Mataiforever

Bencher
His kicking game was spot on tonight
I would say he has one of the best long kicking games in comp.

His short kicking game is the concern & is inconsistent. Something that only comes when he is in good form which can be frustrating. As we saw tonight, he was on and so was his short kicking game and it paid off with thommo. Lets hope he starts adding a few more grubbers to his game as he used to do it a lot more and probably has lost that aspect a bit since Green was here.

winnyason

Bencher
I would say he has one of the best long kicking games in comp.

His short kicking game is the concern & is inconsistent. Something that only comes when he is in good form which can be frustrating. As we saw tonight, he was on and so was his short kicking game and it paid off with thommo. Lets hope he starts adding a few more grubbers to his game as he used to do it a lot more and probably has lost that aspect a bit since Green was here.
Yeah in 2nd half his kicking game kept parra down there end. He short kicking always been a worry when trying to get repeat sets

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14