Centers Conundrum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have said Suli and Walker at the start of the season. But now firmly Harper and Parker. As it has been said we have enough strike power with Foran, DCE, Schu, Turbo. We need guys that can defend and make minimal mistakes.

Walker is a center only. His actions onfield mimick his decisions off field. He's not a thinker, creator or game manager. He plays off the cuff. He's too erratic to ever be considered anything but a center. Let the inside guys create and give him the ball in space.
Walker reminds me of Peachey. Like you said very individualistic plays and off-the-cuff. Not good for team structure in attack.

His only asset is his passing . I love his old-school crisp passing technique. He is still of value late in games when fatigue is a factor and points can be piled on. He will create opportunities from the middle of the field in that situation.

NYEagle

You may be right re catching us in the GF (I don't think you are - Brenko Lee won a GF last year!!), but I don't think we win 3 finals in a row to get into the GF unless we have two guys that can lock down each edge.

Personally, I like what I see from Parker and Harper and wouldn't be changing it. They are the soldiers every team needs. Parker runs exceptional, team first lines and I think his contribution to straightening the attack and giving Foz and Schu options is severely underestimated. Harper too thinks teammates first and has a pretty solid combo with Saab. You don't tinker with that.

So DCE, Turbo, Foz, Schu, all create sufficient opportunities for the team to score enough points. If we don't win this year, it won't be because of our centre combination.
Agree completely, and we also have the Big O hitting his straps on the other edge.
Foran, Shu on the left, DCE and O on the right with Turbo floating both sides is pretty impressive.

Stick with what we have for now, I’m a Suli fan and think he has plenty to offer though and he look more natural on the left

Parker, I was on record saying he is the worst player I have seen for Manly. He is the most unathletic back in the entire competition, makes Daryl Halligan look like Jason Saab speed wise, but what little talent he has been blessed with, he puts everything into it and works so hard you can’t help but admire him

Natural ability and class Suli and Walker have it over Parker and Harper.

Harper has done very well and deserves his spot, Parker does go well, he just doesn’t have that ability to beat defenders and create, can’t knock his efforts either.

Tough one for Des to worry about.

Finally, someone who knows how to spell center.

(lol...cough)

Center and centre have the same meaning. Center is the correct spelling in American English, but British English writers usually prefer centre.

Attachments

• 1626501441787.jpeg
    1626501441787.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 3
Center and centre have the same meaning. Center is the correct spelling in American English, but British English writers usually prefer centre.

I know!

Everyone 'over here' spells it center and so I was welcoming you as 'one of us'! :)

Four points

1. The spots in the team are not owned they are leased
2. Suli was the most dominant centre in our last game
3, The players and their natural ability will have the final say
4. Speed and Strength Kills

Centre is just one of many words that America gas changed the spelling of to cover up the pathetic standard of their school system. Aluminum is my favourite...how can you change the way that an element of the periodic table is spelled?

Walker 14 Harper right centre I'm leaning towards Suli left centre if he plays the way he did against the Dragons

Four points

1. The spots in the team are not owned they are leased
2. Suli was the most dominant centre in our last game
3, The players and their natural ability will have the final say
4. Speed and Strength Kills
You're consistent Bozo old son.

Pff...don't you mean "spelt"?

mmm wheet I mean wheat
No... don't you mean Pfft?

Look it up if you don't believe it is true. The spelling of many words were changed to improve very poor school spelling statistics. I guess it's cheaper than the alternative....same as introducing the metric system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8