Cechin and Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
watmough stats

27 tackles
1 miss
2 errors
1 penalty
139 metres

one of our best

however its where he makes the mistakes. he really needs to get them out of his game

A couple of mistakes from Choc but his workrate was impressive.  I thought he was easily our best ball runner.

As for the refs, we got a couple of iffy calls against us.  I thought the forward pass called against Seu Seu was very tough and the penalty against DCE for the drop out which both lead to Storm points were both critical plays but I think the bombed try by Robbo and T-Rex was the opportunity we missed and never really recovered from.

Cambo link said:
watmough stats

27 tackles
1 miss
2 errors
1 penalty
139 metres

one of our best

however its where he makes the mistakes. he really needs to get them out of his game
  Count the penalty as an error and I think you'll find all three, or at least 2/3 of his errors cost us points.  And it happens consistently.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan Dresden link=topic=186813.msg322409#msg322409 date=1299929773]

Refs gave B Stewart no time to finish his tackle wrestle to ensure he stayed in the field of play. Manly drop out.
 This was the most bizarre as he was clearly in the field of play.  Surely he should have been afforded the same time the Storm were given on the previous set to push Foran behind the line.
[/quote]
I thought that too until it was explained that the ball had touched the ground in goal which is considered as grounded / dead.

Cambo link said:
watmough stats

27 tackles
1 miss
2 errors
1 penalty
139 metres

one of our best

Guys - my thing with Choc is he has the heart and passion - not the execution at times, therefore I give him leeway (sorry Fro bout the leeway spelling).

Some players just don't put in for each other, and that's where my nuts shrink up.

Cambo link said:

That's what gives me the ****'s, he either drops the ball or gives away a penalty at crucial times in the game. The army of one is just a myth now.

The bloke can catch. It's his concentration on the ball, He looks to be more worried about where he's gonna run rather than catching the ball.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186813.msg322499#msg322499 date=1299932425]
watmough stats

27 tackles
1 miss
2 errors
1 penalty
139 metres

one of our best

Count the penalty as an error and I think you'll find all three, or at least 2/3 of his errors cost us points.  And it happens consistently.
[/quote]

The penalty was a bit tough against him as Blair was clearly holding his leg.  Kite was also unlucky to give a penalty when Smith pushed him backinto the ruck.

His errors were bad but I can't see anyone else we've got capable of matching his workrate.

Matabele link said:
Michael Luck made 50+ tackles.  27 is hardly sensational.

With about 30 Hindmarsh flops in those tackles.  And how many metres would Luck make?  He'd be lucky to average 4m a hitup.  I'd say Choc woud have a much higher percentage of his tackles being the first bloke to make contact.  You can usually drop his error count by one a game because he usually forces a drop ball or two from the opposition. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8