Catalans chief Manly bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Catalans chief Manly bound
June 22, 2006

CATALANS Dragons chief executive Grant Mayer has signed off at the English Super League club to join Manly in the same role.

The club announced the appointment, effective from August 7, late today.

Mayer was instrumental in recently luring Canberra's Queensland Origin hero Adam Mogg and Brisbane's ex-Maroons utility Casey McGuire to the Dragons on three-year deals from 2007. He also oversaw the entry of the French club into the Super League this year.

"I leave the Catalans Dragons knowing that we are in a stronger position now than when I started," Mayer was quoted as saying on the Super League website.

"There is still much work to do but I'm confident the club will continue to develop over the next three years."

Catalans president Bernard Guasch said Mayer left the club "on very good terms".

"While we are sad to see him go, we understand his decision to return to Australia," Guasch said.

"He will now be a terrific contact for us in the NRL."

It is not too impressive if he lists on his CV mogg and Maguire as his best signings.

At least he will knwo how to cheat the salary cap, below is an extract from a news release about him

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd today announced Mr Grant Mayer as its new Chief Executive Officer. Mr Mayer’s appointment follows a very successful career in sports administration over the past decade. Mr Mayer was previously Operations Manger at the Bulldogs Rugby League Club and more recently was CEO of the European Super League team, the Catalans Dragons.

Mr Mayer will be responsible for all aspects of the Sea Eagles, with a particular emphasis on increasing the level of major revenue streams and managing the key brand values of the organisation to develop a communication strategy that will engage support on a corporate, membership and public level.

he has a fair task ahead of him.

If he can hold a broom and sweeo effectively he may just make some breakthroughs. Otherwise he is just going to be a figurehead

There are a couple of peices of deadwood which should be removed first IMO

Let's hope he has more hanging between his legs than the last bloke and is able to cut through all the BS politics and nepotism up Narrabeen way......

Lets hope he's not a lead horse, and is a natural leader. It's a worry that he switches from club to club. Passion? A new CEO should definitely bring in a media management contingent if they are meant to be succesful right?

I hope he brings a very proactive brand ideal to the club.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2