Cartwright Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whos playing tonite for a chance to play a grand final qualifier?? Roosters and raiders.. 2 teams we beat..
Whos playing tomorrow night for the same gf qualifier shot? Eels and bunnies... one of which we beat...

Our problem isnt des and his "boring" style.. our problem is our attack and defence both fall apart when turbo is hurt and we DONT HAVE QAULITY BACKUP TO COMPENSATE... end.. of.. story

Whos playing tonite for a chance to play a grand final qualifier?? Roosters and raiders.. 2 teams we beat..
Whos playing tomorrow night for the same gf qualifier shot? Eels and bunnies... one of which we beat...

Our problem isnt des and his "boring" style.. our problem is our attack and defence both fall apart when turbo is hurt and we DONT HAVE QAULITY BACKUP TO COMPENSATE... end.. of.. story
And add Fainu and no quality backup

Only fear is without an injection/introduction of new ideas, what will change?... we looked defeated a lot this year.
Who turns that around in 2021?
Alternately, we could just accept that the 2020 season presented a very unusual set of circumstances that don’t need repeating.

Eight teams were good enough to make the finals under trying circumstances, eight teams were not.

Let.’s move on.

And add Fainu and no quality backup
Exactly..
Don't get me wrong, ide love an assistant coach with his own big ideas to sign up and work with des, but I'm pretty over the "des is garbage and needs to be replaced " brigade... facts are facts, when he had a half decent team at his disposal manly were right up there with the top 4 teams... we need quality back ups... not blokes hard pressed to get a run in a park footy team that we seem to keep stockpiling

Hopefully the team doctor :axegrind:

People forget we were flying (beating the chooks, raiders etc) before 2/3's of our team dropped. We'll make some amazing additions, that will compliment the group.
I agree mate but my biggest worry is the what if and lets face it there will be what if's which sux..first 1 is the obvious what if turbo breaks down again we cant win the comp with funa at fb...second no certainty on fainu yet so we have foran who has never played hooker and has more chances of breaking down than turbo we cant win comp with cust and crapper playing hooker..we have no depth and all it takes is the loss of turbo or dce to disrupt us..this worries me alot...we need quality solid back up strategies which we lacked this yr and we need that in place for 21 and bringing in smart experienced inovative new blood is the fresh air i thought we needed but it seems des is happy with the same coaching staff bar cartwright to go forward which is a bit dissapointing...fingers crossed that it works

Honest question... Who was the last team to win a comp with a backup fullback?

If Turbo has a season ending injury again, our realistic chances of a premiership are out the window.
Rabbits this year might get close. But unfortunately we don’t have someone like Allen in our team at the moment.

Rabbits this year might get close. But unfortunately we don’t have someone like Allen in our team at the moment.
Too right . Unfortunately we dont have a quality 30 squad like some teams do
Our number 14 that plays 6 and 9 has to be the most ineffective bench player in the NRL
We have passengers that we are carrying in our top 30 squad and their efforts in the games that we capitulated exposed them .
We need a squad of 30 that can come on the field and make an impact and not drop balls and miss tackles .
When Tom is out none of our back up backs have won the game for us like he does .
Souths lost Both of their decorated and biggest signings in Latrell Mitchell and Jimmy the Jet as well as regular starting centre Burns but their back up players and rookies stood up .

Our defence toward the end of the year was horrific. This to me is an attitude.
Too right . Unfortunately we dont have a quality 30 squad like some teams do
These explanations are a bit too simplistic, especially in such an unusual season.
Chooks gave up 111 points in losing their final 3 matches - did they have a poor attitude? Were they lacking a quality squad?

And no I’m not suggesting we were as good as the Chooks this year (though we did beat them)

But have they won it though? I will be amazed if they do.

Cowboys got close in 2017 without Thurston but did not win.

The point is that it's great to have good backups, but you really need all of your first choice squad fit and firing in the finals to have a realistic chance of winning the comp.

These explanations are a bit too simplistic, especially in such an unusual season.
Chooks gave up 111 points in losing their final 3 matches - did they have a poor attitude? Were they lacking a quality squad?

And no I’m not suggesting we were as good as the Chooks this year (though we did beat them)
It may sounded a bit Simplistic I understand .

The difference between good teams /players is the consistency high level that they are able to perform and the Roosters were consistent performers and made the finals and we did not .

But have they won it though? I will be amazed if they do.

Cowboys got close in 2017 without Thurston but did not win.

The point is that it's great to have good backups, but you really need all of your first choice squad fit and firing in the finals to have a realistic chance of winning the comp.
Didn’t say they won it, I said they might get close.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8