Cap Breaches 2010 - 6 clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Gronk said:
the fines should come off the cap for the next year.
I assume you mean they should be fined and the amount of the breach also deducted of their next year cap.

Agreed. Or spread over the next three years.

If that forces breaching clubs to release signed players, so be it.

Masked Eagle said:
I think there are degrees with cap breaches. What the Storm and bulldogs did is outright cheating and was punished accordingly. Sometimes stuff happens, you could say clubs should plan for every contingency but that might mean spending a couple of hundred K under your cap each year, just incase and I don't think you want to be doing that.

Disputes over classifications of players, grants for educational purposes of players, I can live with. Its when clubs go outside the rules so they can keep or take players that other clubs can't because they are playing by the rules is where the issues lie. I'd like our game to progress where we get to the level of cap police as they do in American Sports. Clubs are generally allowed to spend more than the cap to a certain limit but they get charged whats called a luxury tax and have to pay back to the league a certain amount (usually dollar for dollar they are over). The comp administrators then direct those funds to the poorer clubs to help them compete with the wealthier ones.

I like this idea.

I can't wait for the next 3 breach reports...the Dogs have to be on each of those

eelcatcher said:
Anyway as always Manly is the only team in the comp that has NEVER been fined for a salary cap breach.

We had a minor one back in 2004 for playing an unregistered player. Fine was $5000

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58361/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx

Jethro said:
eelcatcher said:
Anyway as always Manly is the only team in the comp that has NEVER been fined for a salary cap breach.

We had a minor one back in 2004 for playing an unregistered player. Fine was $5000

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58361/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx

Yes but that fine was issued by Manly to John Hopoate coz he tried to play under a false name in Rugby Union and was fined by the Eagles for that. Hense the $5000 fine

that was in 2003

In the 2003 season Hopoate breached the terms of his playing contract by playing in a fifth-grade rugby union match in the Sydney competition on 9 June under a false name in an attempt to not get caught. After his Manly club found out and confronted Hopoate he admitted that he had breached his contract and was then fined $5000 Australian dollars.[8]

lsz said:
that was in 2003

In the 2003 season Hopoate breached the terms of his playing contract by playing in a fifth-grade rugby union match in the Sydney competition on 9 June under a false name in an attempt to not get caught. After his Manly club found out and confronted Hopoate he admitted that he had breached his contract and was then fined $5000 Australian dollars.[8]

Oh ic. Hmmm still not sure about the one in 05, perhaps NRL meant the 03 one. Still in that case our club is still the most loyal in terms of salary cap, fined the smallest amount of any club.

Much as i hate the purple cheats why in the hell do they play a season unable to register points when they win & lose premierships where they were over the cap -( All Deserved) - Are St Illawarra named as over because i thought they won the premiership in 2010?? Do i smell double standards & inconsistencies again because i'm sure when Gasnier came back last season they were already on the edge of the salary cap....

The point is fine's attributed to the list are not always for "cheating" rather differing interpretations etc.

Rex said:
The Gronk said:
the fines should come off the cap for the next year.
I assume you mean they should be fined and the amount of the breach also deducted of their next year cap.

Agreed. Or spread over the next three years.

If that forces breaching clubs to release signed players, so be it.

Yes why say something with one word when you can use ten.

The one that scares me more than all that is one of the primary offenders in the Storm's rorting, Peter O'Sullivan their recruitment manager got away scott free and not works for the Roosters, <be careful what you post>. They have also assured the NRL they won't be removing him even though the report recommends he not be hired by clubs. Cause I'm sure he will act clean for Uncle Nick.

O'Sullivan will have to go. Gallop, the fine upstanding man that he is, has no choice but to overrule Politis and his cronies and put Peter pumpkin eater out of the game forever. Especially as the investigation that took 12 months to finalise, recommends precisely this course of action.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8