Cannon Balls Rain on Fortress Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
master blaster said:
bottom line here is,If Dessie goes,so do atleast half our team,now thats not a good thing

I doubt that. They have contracts to honour for starters. And Manly have someone cut from the same cloth to replace him anyhow - Geoff Toovey.

The most subtle (or less than subtle) hints that he won't leave were the reactions from Noel Cleal, about both himself and Des going. He just rubbished the concept. And remember, Noel is not a Mormon or in anyway religious, therefore he is not a natural fibber. Nor does he believe in fairytales.

The other is Canterbury's decision to re-sign Dymock for next year and possibly the year after. Either way, the Manly board have received a massive wakeup call re: re-signing personnel in a timely manner. Let's hope it's the last year we see this happen. It should be with yesterday's men, like the personable but largely ineffective Graham Lowe out the door. Just look how many players that they apparently want to keep, who still haven't put pen to paper.

Hoppa is not a big loss, it is lose that will not cost us for 2 years. So not worth worrying about. It is Des that bothers me. If you believe half the media, it is a true miracle that we won the premiership. I just hope they shore up the board and provide a more stable platform

For those of you starting to quiver and quake under the media-fuelled anti-Manly campaign, and are wishing our club and players would start to 'play the game' and not always be causing so much trouble ... just wait till you see what happens if we win again next year.

It will dwarf this. So toughen up, don't let them wipe the smile off your dial so easily! We are the premiers. We won it fair and square. And, oddly, no-one at all has tried to dispute that particular fact.

When the media and the haters, in their jealousy, throw their worst at us we have two choices:
1. Quiver and wish it would go away
2. Welcome it. Is that your best shot?

The media and the haters cannot make us fearful, or unhappy. Not ever. Unless we give them our permission. We are Manly.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
For those of you starting to quiver and quake under the media-fuelled anti-Manly campaign, and are wishing our club and players would start to 'play the game' and not always be causing so much trouble ... just wait till you see what happens if we win again next year.

It will dwarf this. So toughen up, don't let them wipe the smile off your dial so easily! We are the premiers. We won it fair and square. And, oddly, no-one at all has tried to dispute that particular fact.

Gotta agree with you on this.

Some in the media are now starting to learn that all the negative stuff makes us stronger.

I just have to bring to task on one point in what you said :

"just wait till you see what happens [/b] again next year.

Need to delete the if, with when we do win>

And we will win again next year. Back To Back

Who gives a rat's bottom.

We are the PREMIERS!

Too many sad sacks on here at the moment.

Rejoice in our GF glory!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6