Cannon Balls Rain on Fortress Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
They are coming from everywhere, all corners. News Ltd are against the Stewarts cause they want an apology, the Dogs are trying to take Des away to cut off the head of the organisation and Parra has made a small dent in the walls by stealing Hopoate the Mormoney brothers and his "two bob" boxing freakshow old man.

We have had nothing but bad negative press since the day after the GF.

T rex callup was going to cause pressure on our salary cap
Glenn stewart wont play for roos
Brett stewart wants an apology
Will hoppa is leaving with his whole family
We would have gone broke if we didnt win
Arko is annoyed with brett and glenn
Bob reilly will be ousted by a rebel ticket
Sheens reckons he does like watmough
Des has been linked to go after 2012

I mean is it any wonder why we feel we get a hard time. I am so sick of these organisations bringing us down.

All of this right after one of our greatest achievements. These factions and every other club are trying to kill us because they know we have something that they don't and they don't know what it is.

If you ever thought we weren't hated anymore here is the proof. And it is only gonna get worse. So if your fair dinkum about this club go out there and stick up for us at every opportunity. And every time some arsehole rings up a radio station to sook about us, we all call up and give it back with both barrels. Every time a newspaper writes a sooking story about us we all write in to them and tell them to get stuffed.

Because now 15 sets of fans from every other club are looking for a reason to be happy when something bad happens to us because they are unhappy about their own mediocrity.

So give the bastards nothing to be happy about.

This is part of being in the world we live in. Those negative energies are always going to be out there. As supporters we can only help the clubs cause by focusing on the positives. Rather than biting back if we just accept and forgive them and show our true unconditional support for Manly we more than counterbalance all that falseness.
This is the simple and continued secret to our success.

The world is still against us. We have a strong squad and great coach next year we will go back to back i am certain. First we need to show the UK who is #1 at the WCC.

Glenn Stewart is requesting an out from the Kangaroos - presumably because of his upcoming nuptials. Shame though, he really was in a good position to stake his claim as the Australian lock forward for several years to come.

I don't know how other fans feel but I'm still incredibly happy today. I couldn't care less what they write - copped it for weeks and today it just doesn't matter. I went to the GF, we won and they can all eat it. Most successful club, best coach, a fatter bookie account, another premiership and a title for the next 12 months. I'll be stocking up on premiership goodies and any negative words are going to just roll off me. It couldn't be better afaic.

We are being marked this year more than any other club before

I hope we can get through the next 12 months OK with all sh!t going on.

1. the hassels of being Premiers
2. the increase of contract money for winning the premiership to fringe players.
3. Des being pursued by the Dogs.
4. the media circus behind Stewart Bros V Gallop.
5. the constant hating of Manly.

Manly need to sort Des now and get the Stewart Brothers inline now. We can go back to back but without any problems hanging over our heads. Sadly the Stewart case has not been helped by Des with his ongoing comments to the media about Brett needing to be applogised too.

I love Des and he has been great for our club but like the Hoppas he needs to make his decision early for the club sake.

It's amusing, isn't it, that all the other clubs and their fans "hate" Manly, yet they are willing to pay ridiculous money to try to lure Manly players and officials to their club.

Why?

Because these clubs want to be like Manly and emulate our success.

It's not "hate" these clubs have, it's envy.

We may have just won. But unless des is signed this week. The club will be set back a couple of years. The club is looking amateurish.
I believe Brett was hard done by, but he is not going to get an apology. He needs to get over it and officially tell the world it is over. If that includes a meeting with gallop than so be it. He is a champion bloke. But the media will run him through the mud all day. He is one of the most hated man in the league. The only thing he has done wrong is let it simmer.
The club has won 7 premierships before surely they know how to handle it. Penn better getting pen to paper soon

Dan79,I thought we'd won 8, but then again what would I know? Manlybacker is correct. All is good. More than good.... bloody fantastic. The hate only makes the successes more beautiful. Just tell them all to gfed. And all the Perry haters on this site, they can gfed as well. He's doing fine. If you haven't signed up for next year, you should be ashamed. You can so it monthly if you're hard up for the cash. Get to it now.

Without any games to report on there are slim pickings around

So you can either ignore it or grow a thicker skin. Remember the old saying no-one likes us and we do not care

conanu said:
All of this right after one of our greatest achievements. These factions and every other club are trying to kill us because they know we have something that they don't and they don't know what it is.

I heard an odd interview with Tom Keneally on 2SM yesterday. When they asked him about Snake and Gallop he went on about how if Manly were out of the way there would be no club between Sydney and Newcastle and is that what everyone wants? I thought he misheard the question but maybe not.

Keneally also wrote in the Herald over the weekend that the "factional bickering" would come to an end soon. Sounded ominous for the bickerers, they might have to put Subway on speed dial.

The reports re: Des having issues with the Board is off the mark and a complete media beat up from Dean Ritchie.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6