Canberra's downward spiral and Broncos star centre in doubt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter

Clinton Shifcofski is expected to miss at least 6 weeks after suffering a rib injury against the storm yesterday.

Brent Tate is also in doubt for this week after straining his recuring shoulder problem that saw him miss much of last season.

If any team would lose their 3 best players, they'd be in huge trouble, more so for the Raiders.

I kinda hope Tate plays and Hill marks him, he'd chew him up and spit him out.

In that case Stephenson would be marking Berrigan. I'm afraid he may run riot on him.

Yeah. Theirs not enough wraps on Matai. He started slowly but this bloke is really coming good. Id want him in over stephenson.

I think matai just has it over Steppa at the moment as had as that is to say because I like both players. There is something exciting about matai and he is going to go far.

On the canberra thing. How quickly the mighty fall, from 1st to 5th in 2 weeks

Canberra got where they are from playing good footy, especially at home. We need to do well in the next few games or they will be saying the same thing about us.

Meanwhile - Who's the top of the table???? !drunk: !dance: !dance: :blah: :blah: :blah: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The key for the centre position is who will play left centre. Hill has always played on the right so unless Matai can play left,and he is untested there at 1st grade level,I would say Des will stick with Stephenson.

Is great to have some more Kiwi's back in the ranks now though,over the last 15 years or so when we have been successful there has been some of my mob playing in there

Too true Kiwi. I remember when we were called Maori Warringah. Darrell Williams was always a favourite of mine. A great foil to the great Mike O'Connor. Could you imagine this team with those two at 3 and 4???

Broadhurst was also tough as nails, though the Iros had their good and bad days. Ropati and James Leuleuai had their moments as well. As for last year's great white hope the less said the better!

Interesting to see if Karl Johnson makes the grade. Some people rate him and say he is doing well in PL. My only view of him in the pre-season is that he has a lot of potential but was a bit of a jersey grabber in defence.

he was a jersey grabber yesterday too and it would surprise you who else said that to me at the club after the game

Matai is missing too many tackles. He is yet to play a quality opposite and as said before plays on the right. Steppa will stay, he has been the better of the 2 the last 2 weeks

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2