Can someone please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was explained within the thread. I don't really want anyone else to have to see that horrible video which I saw and it is a topic too disturbing even for me to discuss.

I locked the thread and gave my reasons, it was left for another two hours then deleted.

Dan, whilst I understand your actions I am a little dissapointed. There was no link in the thread to the video, and it was splashed all over the media yesterday. All anyone had to do was Google it.

And the reason I asked was because I was only on once yesterday, hence didnt see the locking or explanation.

yeah I know there was no link in it which is why i only locked it. fLIP deleted it later.

The point was by having the thread there it would lead people to google it or Youtube it and that wasn't something I wanted happening

Again, it was splashed all over the media yesterday.

Are you suggesting that people on this site cant make up their own minds before ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT AND VIEWING something.

Are you suggesting that people on this site cant make up their own minds before ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT AND VIEWING something.

Just because it was splashed on the news doesnt mean we have to be a party to its increasing viewings.

People can absolutely make their own decisions but once again it is not something I want promoted on MY website. Sorry if you feel differently but this is not a current affairs website and its not something I want promoted on here. Simple as that

I will post a link to the news article Nutz.

WARNING: THIS NEWS ARTICLE MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME PEOPLE. IT CONTAINS GRAPHIC INFORMATION.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-woiraq235226218may23,0,7941478.story?coll=ny-worldnews-print

fark me dead- that is some pretty full on censorship- it was all over the bloody news and just a topic for conversation.
I would consider posters here adult and mature enough to discuss what happened.

Fair enough too Dan.

Needless to say, many children are beaten in their own homes in Australia.

Its just the racist mentality of today's world that likes to think the only violence is in the middle east.

[quote author=clontaago]

Just because it was splashed on the news doesnt mean we have to be a party to its increasing viewings.

People can absolutely make their own decisions but once again it is not something I want promoted on MY website. Sorry if you feel differently but this is not a current affairs website and its not something I want promoted on here. Simple as that
[/quote]

You are a ****ing hypocrite at times.

General Posts - News, Current Affairs, Anything not football related?

yeah I am a hyporcite at times for sure.

But this is a site that I own and I make the final decisions on ANY topic that is here. if I dont want it here then i have evry right to remove it. I dont want that here, it is too disturbing for me personally and that is that.

You have to respect that decision because frankly you have no choice!

Fair enough too Dan.

Needless to say, many children are beaten in their own homes in Australia.

Its just the racist mentality of today's world that likes to think the only violence is in the middle east.

When was the last public stoning in Australia Flip? Comparing this to domestic violence is a joke.

Just to add my piece:

Dan has put a lot of effort into this site. More than any of us. It may seem like he is being autocratic on this particular issue. I've only seen him 2-3 times previously.

I think he has a right to be autocratic and there is no way that it can be said that he overplays his hand in this regard.

Equally, he shouldn't have to explain it. I suspect his reasons are personal and he wishes it to remain that way.

unlocked for a short time only.

But yes I very rarely enforce my will on topics and very am very rarely "autocratic" but on some topics i will be, this is just one I do not wish to have on this site at this time.

once it dies down in the media I am happy to have the discussion of stoning etc, but I do not wish for it at this time and do not want the videos being sought, linked to or seen as a result of people reading a thread on my website.

Whether it is the persons choice to seek it or not is irrelevant without the thread and the site they wouldnt have sought it and therefore we have causation!

Sweet, I had a watch of the video and I think it's just horrible and another reason why religion is the biggest fark up in the world.

I will announce that it was me that deleted the thread on the video - for the reasons Dan gave. It was not censorship or anything like that but a decision based on taste. Dan had locked it and given reasons for so.

It was not meant to offend and maybe I should have consulted the author of the post (I usually do when I delete) so apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4