Can Liam become Manly's shining Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Having seen him play 5-6 times in Holden Cup last season I've already declared him a future SOO player. Big call, I know, but he just reminds me of the raw-boned, never-give-up player we need. He also is a try scorer.
Blooding him now is the right move. Obviously he'll have a couple of years of maturing before he reaches his full potential, so let's wish him the best.
It will be the most interesting aspect of the match with the Titans.

I highly doubt he will be debuting on Monday we can't afford anymore players outside the 25 but if he does somehow play I hope he carves up

The cap issue was solved this week when Tommy Symonds signed with Huddersfield.

Manly Twitter account has confirmed this morning that Knight will play on Monday.
Welcome aboard Liam, Player number 585 to don the mighty Maroon and White. Hopefully he has a good game, comes with some raps so I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Depending on how he goes on Monday night, Knight could be in for a decent spell in first grade. Nate Myles' knee injury is expected to keep him out until about Round 20 (meaning Myles will also miss the rest of the Origin series).

This means our pack on Monday will be:

Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Brown, Buhrer, Trbojevic. Res - Starling, Vave, Leary and Knight.

Kapow in the front row I like more than Kapow being misused out wide in the back row. He's a power player who would be better used in the middle.

My main concern is having 3 small back rowers in the side and 2 of them starting. Personally I'd like to see Leary dropped, Brown to the bench as a utility and Feleti Mateo into the side to give some much needed ball playing, but that won't happen.

Knight is second row so three props and a second rower like Barrett has done for much of the year (to my delight)

Ah ok, I was under the impression that Knight was a front rower.

Now it makes sense.

The problem is we shouldn't have to start Brown. He's not a starting back rower IMO, his best value is as a utility on the bench. But with Knight only a rookie, the only other option is Starling to start and Kapow in the 2nd row with Ferris and with Myles out, I don't think that's in the plan.

Depending on how he goes on Monday night, Knight could be in for a decent spell in first grade. Nate Myles' knee injury is expected to keep him out until about Round 20 (meaning Myles will also miss the rest of the Origin series).

This means our pack on Monday will be:

Lussick, Parcell, Taupau, Brown, Buhrer, Trbojevic. Res - Starling, Vave, Leary and Knight.

Kapow in the front row I like more than Kapow being misused out wide in the back row. He's a power player who would be better used in the middle.

My main concern is having 3 small back rowers in the side and 2 of them starting. Personally I'd like to see Leary dropped, Brown to the bench as a utility and Feleti Mateo into the side to give some much needed ball playing, but that won't happen.
Agree with you on Mateo, but I kinda like Taupau on the edge personally. He just needs to be utilised better out there, Walker didn't have the passing game to get him hitting holes, he ran too much and crowded his outside men, reducing their effectiveness. Being a running 5/8 is Ok as long as you can convince the defence to get interested in your decoys and outside men to put some doubt in their minds for you to work with.

Oh I agree that Marty was misused in the back row, especially with Walker at 5/8 on the left of the field. The night we played Souffs at Brookie there were a few times that if Walker had known when to pass the ball, the only player Taupau had between himself and the try line was Luke Keary. Unfortunately Walker either ran too much or crowded him for room and Marty never got the ball in space all night. By the time he did get it most times, there was extra defence to help Keary out.

A 5/8 with good vision and a good passing game would have had Keary having Kapow sized nightmares.

But I also think that Marty is a power player, not a wide running back rower. He can do both, but I think he'd be better used in the middle of the field.

I'm happy to read that if Lyon is not fit they will promote Goodinet to 5/8 instead of putting Walker in there.

The team is finally coming together hehehe

Agree with you on Mateo, but I kinda like Taupau on the edge personally. He just needs to be utilised better out there, Walker didn't have the passing game to get him hitting holes, he ran too much and crowded his outside men, reducing their effectiveness. Being a running 5/8 is Ok as long as you can convince the defence to get interested in your decoys and outside men to put some doubt in their minds for you to work with.

Chip I hope you are right about Kapow getting better ball, because as it stands I think playing 80 mins at 2nd row has been a disappointment.

@NYEagle suggested in the game day thread that Arko will probably be at this game against the Titans. If so how good is it for this promising young forward to make his debut in first grade with a man looking on who has watched so many great forwards come into the top grade for us.
Given Arko's eye for talent it would be interesting to hear his appraisal of Liam's performance.

Liam will have a blinder and a great win on Monday will be the start of an upturn in our fortunes for the rest of the year- and boy don't we need some good news. Best bet all weekend - Liam to score a try & Manly win $17

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6