Cade Cust out of contract....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
"It is set to be an interesting time for Cust, with the 24-year-old courting interest from the NRL – the competition in which he debuted for Manly back in 2019."

I thought we had first option to sign him if he comes back?

He'd be a good substitute for Lawton.

Agree. I think of late Lawton has looked cooked. Cant believe he is still only 24. Tigers need a half as well.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Cade was another player we just badly mismanaged. Always remember when he had a MOTM performance up in NQ then Des dropped him the week after for Walker at 5/8, who got injured early and we got trounced. Always filled in well in the halves and then we forced him into playing hooker because we didn't bother signing a hooker (and still haven't), Croker was just better in that particular role.

Really think he could've been one of our long term halves especially as a junior that had been with the club for a while, and was halfback in our U20's GF win, but doubt we'll be seeing him back given the Brooks signing

Cade was another player we just badly mismanaged. Always remember when he had a MOTM performance up in NQ then Des dropped him the week after for Walker at 5/8, who got injured early and we got trounced. Always filled in well in the halves and then we forced him into playing hooker because we didn't bother signing a hooker (and still haven't), Croker was just better in that particular role.

Really think he could've been one of our long term halves especially as a junior that had been with the club for a while, and was halfback in our U20's GF win, but doubt we'll be seeing him back given the Brooks signing
Cust, Fainu, Humphries...replaced with Johns, Arthur and Brooks.

Deary me.

08Dream

Tipping Member
The article says hes been struggling to find form this year and has been used as a bench hooker like he was at manly....great depth for any club but maybe not the halves messiah people seem to think of him as.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Good honest player but considering we already have arthur do we need another depth half / manufactured 9?

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
What was limited about his game? He won a fair few matches for us or turned momentum in our favour.
His passing game was extremely ordinary, and his kicking game was average

As I said great competitor, and that’s where he turned matches for us exploding through a hole etc, but in terms of setting others up through gaps he didn’t have much. He was young though with time to develop those areas

As I said great competitor, and that’s where he turned matches for us exploding through a hole etc, but in terms of setting others up through gaps he didn’t have much. He was young though with time to develop those areas
Can't remember Johns or Arthur winning us games, yet they seem to get more opportunities in the 1st team than Cade ever did.

How can you say his kicking game was average when he set up more than a few tries with his short kicks?
And he also set up a few tries a few metres out from the tryline to hit the man through the hole.

You have zero idea.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Can't remember Johns or Arthur winning us games, yet they seem to get more opportunities in the 1st team than Cade ever did.
Lol well you’d hope he’d produce a bit more than them considering they’ve had 5-6 games between them and Cust had 3 seasons !!

If you want to compare apples with apples Croker is the better comparison

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

How can you say his kicking game was average when he set up more than a few tries with his short kicks?
And he also set up a few tries a few metres out from the tryline to hit the man through the hole.

You have zero idea.
Lol wow, a highlights video, only the very best players have those …

Arthur would have as many clips you could slice together to make him look good

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14