[Resurrected] Bye Bye Wests Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
What is going on with the NRL. Something in the water? Things falling apart all over the place. Now the WT joint venture is as fragile as Northern Eagles was in 2001.

Claws are out: infighting has joint venture on the brink
Andrew Webster
CHIEF SPORTS WRITER, THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/claws-are-out-infighting-has-joint-venture-on-the-brink-20130820-2s9bf.html

What JV could be argued has worked? Only StG-I. And that was a complete 100% takeover (apart from the Illawarra socks) involving two clubs with the same colours and a shared history.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Power play by Wests Ashfield. There will be no wests tigers it will be western suburbs magpies

Mergers were always going to be problematic. Both sides were always going to have their own interest in hand. Which has resulted in dramas.

Bye Bye Sharks. Bye Bye Tigers. It's all happening. Can we have a Bye Bye Storm, Broncos and Greenberg thread?:)

Sheesh, how could I forget the dogs. Bye Bye dogs.

Sharks. Tigers. If two Sydney teams disappear it will help Manly's chance of long term survival. See ya ;)

if balmain didnt own the tigers brand i wonder if theyd still be continuing with the venture?

Western suburbs should take the club over and grow the game out in the south western suburbs as a true outer suburb team. This hybrid inner/outer thing is just stupid. The hybrid team only plays out of Leichhardt two or three times a year so what's the point? It just leaves Campbeltown and surrounds to soccer and AFL to grow their teams. Get rid of the tigers once and for all.

The inner western part of the merger makes sense, the ashfield to balmain bit, but the campbelltown link is spurious. It makes no sense on a map.

Having lived in leichhardt for nearly a year, and i visit balmain quite a bit I have see 1 person ever wearing tigers merchandise in all that time. All i see is souths, souths souths, but there are a lot of dentists on norton and marion streets

Never been out to Campbelltown but got to Liechhardt a month or so back and what a great little ground it is ! Loved it

The merger always seems to be on the slippery slope though

in Leichhardt last weekend and noticed robbie's restaurant has closed down as well

let the tigers die, let the magpies carry on playing nsw cup
let the sharks die

bring in new teams in Perth and Qld (Brisbane or Central Qld)

After losing our club for a few years, I can never really understand why people then wish that upon other clubs and their sets of supporters

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Hey Kiwi, if u supported Western Suburbs or Balmain u have already lost your team...Its just not working...

Give both clubs the offer of central coast and who ever can get going first with a solid proposal, gets the cash and their club back....

Agree Kiwi Eagle. I hope the NRL is able to add teams in the future because there is enough players and money. In saying that, it really made sense that the NRL redefined territories and licences when it took over.

The Who said:
MissKate said:
let the tigers die, let the magpies carry on playing nsw cup
let the sharks die

What are you Miss Kate, an Undertaker?

Hahaha, hilarious The Who

Anyway, who cares who goes as long as Manly stay, I know no more Fibro vs Silvertails, or Leichhardt Oval, and may be a bit selfish but lets face the fact,

it is all about me and you and us and Brookvale Oval at the end of the day :)

Go Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7