Buzzhead Rothfield is at again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:
What has piqued your paranoia?
The scare tactics finally getting to you?

Do you think a sole owner will change anything. All it means is that they will do the best for the business and ensure it is an asset.
That includes not alienating fans, it is after all the fans and sponsors who fund a large part of the business.

Don't believe the crap, sole ownership is not the new communism

So they then take games away (no one to stop them).lose all the history and make decisions on a strict commercial basis like Searle and the place folds. Not smart to have all your eggs in one basket

Why would they do that?

Do you want to love the club to death?

If they alienate fans and therefore lose their dollars, both in gate takings, sponsorship, membership and merch, you think they would still do the same.

They need the fans onside.

By the way, sole ownership won't make this a reality, it can just as easily happen with dual owners. The deciding vote sits with the FC so it doesn't matter who owns the club.

Stop eating the bs sandwiches that people are trying to feed you

And that's why I support the F/C as they will keep the bastards honest and look out for the things that make this a club and not just a business. That my friend is no bull**** sandwich.

Hey "Lovefooty" i understand your passion but i dont think referring to our owners as Bastards is very healthy. To be fair i think the board and the owners are doing a pretty good job as far as i can see, its all on display and you can see a big difference on gamedays our backroom is working real hard. And i am proud of them considering the crap that has gone on this year.

conanu said:
Hey "Lovefooty" i understand your passion but i dont think referring to our owners as Bastards is very healthy. To be fair i think the board and the owners are doing a pretty good job as far as i can see, its all on display and you can see a big difference on gamedays our backroom is working real hard. And i am proud of them considering the crap that has gone on this year.

I must be showing how old I am or how young you are.

The Democrats that held the balance of power in the federal gov in the 80s . They use to say we keep the bastards honest. Don Chip first said it.
They kept the Lib and Lab parties from making bad decision's.

lovefooty said:
conanu said:

I must be showing how old I am or how young you are.

The Democrats that held the balance of power in the federal gov in the 80s . They use to say we keep the bastards honest. Don Chip first said it.
They kept the Lib and Lab parties from making bad decision's.

It is also the title of one of Don's books and quite a good read.

The Democrats. Now where would they be now?

Actually, I think political parties have a death by hyphen. Sarah Hansen-Young will be the Green version of Natasha Stott-Despoja.

Earnie the Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:
WOW! This thread is one of the most out of control I have seen in a while...

Did you not read the Foran signing thread..

There was a Foran signing thread?

It had a prize for the 1000th post as well! It was that good that people will eventually write songs about it.

The prize hasn't arrived yet......:dodgy:

Anyone seen the interview with snake and Rothfield in today's tele, it has some good parts, but goddam he is a sanctimonious prick. Anyone got an email address for him, I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, as I'm doubting the comments I posted to the article will be read or even posted.

food for thought!

(or is it too far past the pics of meat pies?)

Snake did an interview?

With rothfield??

With the telegraph???

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nsw-origin-and-manly-star-brett-stewarts-exclusive-interview-with-phil-rothfield/story-e6frexni-1226356702066

Thanks for posting the link Mr wamf.

The interview seemed quite insightful.

Go Manly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7