Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 26, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 42
Accor Stadium
27 Aug 2023 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot see the point in risking Garrick to long term injury for what is an inconsequential match
They say his back wouldn't get any worse. If that is the medical opinion, fair enough.
An inconsequential match? I disagree. I have held off my Seibold judgment and Manly season 2023 judgment untilt the season is over, and though we are out of the finals I think our performance in the last 2 games against the bottom clubs is extremely important from Manly's point of view.

Which is not to say I want Garrick risked! But yes field our best side please.

They say his back wouldn't get any worse. If that is the medical opinion, fair enough.
An inconsequential match? I disagree. I have held off my Seibold judgment and Manly season 2023 judgment untilt the season is over, and though we are out of the finals I think our performance in the last 2 games against the bottom clubs is extremely important from Manly's point of view.

Which is not to say I want Garrick risked! But yes field our best side please.
Largely a pain management issue, but the pain is pretty significant with the injury apparently. Probably a case determining if it would hamper his ability to run/compete as it did initially last week.

I would play Schuster at lock for 80 minutes in the NSW Cup match so he can get his bearings as Yeo for Penrith in my opinion has become one of the most influential players in the game and in Willie Masons terminology he could become that cat and Manly would win the 2024 premiership

Should be a good opportunity for G C K T to show that he can compete at a higher level again
Did O K in the trials but a step up in any i st grade game and ideally his defence can be up to standard as well
Some time ago but just a couple of noticeable defensive lapses with Blacktown in one particular match
The old firm of Hank and Lionel in the centres again
Jacob Arther to gain a bit more experience and confidence at 6 , certainly will be tested out against Burton and naturally hope that he can go well .
Hopefully also Bully to keep his recent good form and improvement going as well [ surely he must be recommitted by now ]
A win is a win and will take it for all of the positives that it can also ideally deliver at this stage of their season

I would play Schuster at lock for 80 minutes in the NSW Cup match so he can get his bearings as Yeo for Penrith in my opinion has become one of the most influential players in the game and in Willie Masons terminology he could become that cat and Manly would win the 2024 premiership
Will be interesting where he will start for Blacktown
Probably limited benefit in playing him at 6 , more an edge role in all likelihood
Brad Abbey has been going well apparently as a 6 occasionally and then Cooper johns .
Not to say that he would not be considered as a 13 but Siebold probably keen to try and get his confidence and playing level up quite a few notches and most likely on an edge where he should be mainly expected to play next season

Should be a good opportunity for G C K T to show that he can compete at a higher level again
Did O K in the trials but a step up in any i st grade game and ideally his defence can be up to standard as well
Some time ago but just a couple of noticeable defensive lapses with Blacktown in one particular match
The old firm of Hank and Lionel in the centres again
Jacob Arther to gain a bit more experience and confidence at 6 , certainly will be tested out against Burton and naturally hope that he can go well .
Hopefully also Bully to keep his recent good form and improvement going as well [ surely he must be recommitted by now ]
A win is a win and will take it for all of the positives that it can also ideally deliver at this stage of their season
I think it doesn't matter if its GCKT or some other hooker, Croker gets gassed playing 80 minutes tackling, which adds nothing for our attack. Whether it be GCKT, Humphries, or some other natural 9, its important we have a 9 off the bench to share minutes with Croker.

Schuster would run amok with the bulldogs poor defence
Exactly, this could've been a good game to get some confidence back in him. I would like to have seen him with Koula at fullback too. Garrick is safe under the high ball and has a good workrate at the back, but he doesn't have the speed of someone like Koula and he often just isn't there when the ball goes wide. Not trying to be critical as he's only filling in and dependable at the role, but if Turbo is going to be out as much as he is I'd like to see us try a potentially more exciting option. Hopefully Koula can show he can be that guy in these last two games.

Pretty much the same deal with the hooker position so praise the lord Gordie has finally been picked. First out and out hooker in our squad since Danny Levi in 2020 and hopefully a far better player. A lot of doom and gloom lately but trying out some new players in these last two games against poor opposition does fill me with a little bit of optimism, even if it has come too late

Will be interesting where he will start for Blacktown
Probably limited benefit in playing him at 6 , more an edge role in all likelihood
Brad Abbey has been going well apparently as a 6 occasionally and then Cooper johns .
Not to say that he would not be considered as a 13 but Siebold probably keen to try and get his confidence and playing level up quite a few notches and most likely on an edge where he should be mainly expected to play next season
Cooper Johns is out with a biceps injury apparently (I know - who even knew he had biceps?), so maybe the Schu will end up in the halves. Agree though that it makes more sense to play him in the forwards. If that's what he's going to be, may as well start working towards it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8