Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 20
Accor Stadium
02 Sep 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that for sure?
Put it this way, if Aloai is seeking a release and another club can't pay him what we do, then it becomes a case of you either take the offer or stay and fullfil your contract at Manly, which we are happy for him to do .
Would be a different story if WE wanted to get rid of him and another club wouldn't pay the same money, then we would have to make up the difference.
Aloai can't have his cake and eat it too

Put it this way, if Aloai is seeking a release and another club can't pay him what we do, then it becomes a case of you either take the offer or stay and fullfil your contract at Manly, which we are happy for him to do .
Would be a different story if WE wanted to get rid of him and another club wouldn't pay the same money, then we would have to make up the difference.
Aloai can't have his cake and eat it too
are "we are happy for him to do"?
Won't end well if he doesn't want to be here

Re: Weekes .. I am sure he will go well but it wasn't that long ago we were begging Des to put Koula at FB. Just a caution
Koula had some errors last week, but played well in his first stint at NRL fullback the previous week when most here voted him MVP. However, I think Weekes may have more flair & ball playing skills than Koula

Last edited:
Fox 150th game
more motivation for bulldogs
If we don’t exploit the fk out of him coming up and in, we’re a dumber football side than I thought.
‘Hopefully Foz can throw some harbour bridge passes (without the Fox intercepting them.)
As for Al, I heard a rumour that he has been blamed as the ring leader for the ‘7’, and said he will stand down if no one objected. No one objected.

Last edited:
Koula had some errors last week, but played well in his first stint at NRL fullback the previous week when most here voted him MVP. However, I think Weekes may have more flair & ball playing skills than Koula
Koula has been our best centre this season. He should be the first centre picked next season.
I think he also did a great job filling in at fullback, and gives us another option there if both Turbo and Garrick are injured at any time next season. Weekes on the other hand has the ability to be our next longterm fullback. This could happen even sooner if Turbo was prepared to play centre in 2023. I can see this working extremely well if Turbo played a similar role to Manu. Manu has a licence to play a second fullbacks role, and come into the play at any time, from anywhere. Realistically, I know this wont happen but it could be amazing if it did.
Weekes, Garrick, Turbo, Koula, Saab could potentially be a pretty special back five.

Last edited:
Where is the "asking for release "talk coming from ?
Personally ,I hope we release anyone who wants out.
I dont want to watch this current team run around no more.
Bring on next year with a new team !
Let the axe swing and the broom sweep.

If a club releases a player early & said player gets a contract elsewhere then the club has to pay the difference of his contract amount, if the club agrees of course.....If the club refuses to pay a difference overs & the player then refuses to play for the club then can the club not terminate his contract? Is that not breach of contract? If a player requests a release then the club has no responsibility to pay any of his salary. Is that correct?

If a club releases a player early & said player gets a contract elsewhere then the club has to pay the difference of his contract amount, if the club agrees of course.....If the club refuses to pay a difference overs & the player then refuses to play for the club then can the club not terminate his contract? Is that not breach of contract? If a player requests a release then the club has no responsibility to pay any of his salary. Is that correct?
I think this is correct.
And if club releases player early and no new contract obtained ,club has to pay out all of remaining contract.

Makes no difference, it's Aloai that is requesting a release, Manly is not obligated to top up any shortfall with whoever signs him, anyway good riddance
It makes a difference if another club wants him because Manly then can say they want a player of equal value in return or the deal is off and Aloai can rekindle his love for gardening duties that he honed at the Tigers

Koula has been our best centre this season. He should be the first centre picked next season.
I think he also did a great job filling in at fullback, and gives us another option there if both Turbo and Garrick are injured at any time next season. Weekes on the other hand has the ability to be our next longterm fullback. This could happen even sooner if Turbo was prepared to play centre in 2023. I can see this working extremely well if Turbo played a similar role to Manu. Manu has a licence to play a second fullbacks role, and come into the play at any time, from anywhere. Realistically, I know this wont happen but it could be amazing if it did.
Weekes, Garrick, Turbo, Koula, Saab could potentially be a pretty special back five.
'Weekes, Garrick, Turbo, Koula, Saab could potentially be a pretty special back five'

Absolutely, although what did you think of Saab this year?
I felt he was very underwhelming, however has potential. But is it just his speed which makes him seem good?

Thank you for another year of great commitment to our Great club with your posts @The Wheel

Both teams have nothing to play for accept for passion for their Jersey

The Most passionate and committed team will win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10