Bulldogs offer to Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MrInvisible said:
castle eagle said:
i'd say that if the offer is as big as reported it would be on the proviso of the salary cap being raised in line with the t.v. rights
I hate that so many clubs are signing big relying on the TV rights deal going through. They don't seem to have thought "what if it doesn't".

Re Foran coming to the Dogs, I'm not sure. On one hand we need a 5/8, and there really aren't any good options in house that are ready for the role yet (or for the next few years). That said, Manly don't deserve to be torn apart player wise as none of this is their fault (regardless of who you blame).

There are only 3 reasons I can see that Foran would consider a move to the Bulldogs.

1. For more money.
2. To reunite with Hodkinson in the halves.
3. To be coached under Hasler.

Really??? Thanks for sharing. Next time try to state something other than the bleeding obvious.

Sorry for being a smart arse Mr Iinvisble, I just really don't like anything bulldogs related at the moment.
Go Manly! We will beat you puppies.

Hodgkinson and Kris Keating grew up together and have played all their junior footy together. They want to stay together and so Foran would be making a big mistake if he went to the dogs.

Shoe1 said:
"foz played better with hodko" you're joking!! Right?

I think he did. We came 8th with him and hodko in the halves yet we only won the grand final this year without hodko. I think we should get rid of snake gift trex choc and dce and try and lure hodkinson back with a $3.2m a season contract and his own fenced off area at collaroy beach. Then hopefully we can come 12th in 2013

trechbodyboardin said:
well the bulldogs sure are showing the money all the over joint aren't they

yes but that will change with the pokie reforms (May 2012) and there wont be that sort of money coming from the leagues club, estimates are that the revenue will drop by 40% and that will hurt them.

niccipops said:
MrInvisible said:
castle eagle said:
i'd say that if the offer is as big as reported it would be on the proviso of the salary cap being raised in line with the t.v. rights
I hate that so many clubs are signing big relying on the TV rights deal going through. They don't seem to have thought "what if it doesn't".

Re Foran coming to the Dogs, I'm not sure. On one hand we need a 5/8, and there really aren't any good options in house that are ready for the role yet (or for the next few years). That said, Manly don't deserve to be torn apart player wise as none of this is their fault (regardless of who you blame).

There are only 3 reasons I can see that Foran would consider a move to the Bulldogs.

1. For more money.
2. To reunite with Hodkinson in the halves.
3. To be coached under Hasler.

Really??? Thanks for sharing. Next time try to state something other than the bleeding obvious.

Sorry for being a smart arse Mr Iinvisble, I just really don't like anything bulldogs related at the moment.
Go Manly! We will beat you puppies.

You beat me to it niccipops and dont worry Foz will stay at Manly/

Thought the same.Putting the cart before the horse.

I'm sure Lowe said on 2SM that the "get out clause" only comes into force if the coach voluntarily leaves. In the event the coach is sacked due to contract breach, the "get out clause" in the player contracts has no effect. Might be wishful thinking but would be good if can be clarified.

The dogs cannot negotiate with Foran for next year or they would be in breach of NRL rules. He is under contract and Manly wouldn't give him permission to negotiate anywhere for 2012 otherwise I would expect the dogs to be called for breaching NRL rules.

Foran will go where the money is so will anyone else. loyalty does not exist anymore the last of the loyals was menzies and to some extant dess untill the board pissed on him over a 50 k increase. The players have a small time to make their money and they couldnt give a rats arse over loyalty. i would do the same

Penn said today on 2GB that they'll be talking to Foz about his future when he gets back from England, probably in January. I hope it's sooner rather than later - like when he steps off the plane in Sydney!

Terry-Randal said:
Foran will go where the money is so will anyone else. loyalty does not exist anymore the last of the loyals was menzies and to some extant dess untill the board pissed on him over a 50 k increase. The players have a small time to make their money and they couldnt give a rats arse over loyalty. i would do the same

Hindemarsh.... he's been offered better contracts.
Bobcat (god help me I'm defending a dogs player)could have played for someone else

If a player can possibly see a premiership or is fairly close to the players around him he won't leave no matter what's in front of him

Dce in my opinion is priority no.1. we all know its going to be hard to keep DCE and Foz cause of the salary cap, and if they keep this form up. If we lose foz, i think that DCE would be better at developing someone like riccardi into the 5/8.

I'd love to see them both become manly immortals, but unfortunetly the salary cap does not favour performing clubs. (its espicially not fair on clubs that build up their juniors into stars).

As the Beatles song goes 'can't buy me love'.
I'm sure there are players that are devastated in leaving clubs only to see them win a premiership. Jason Ryles Geoff Gerrard come to mind.
The thing Foz has to think about is this both he and DCE could become as successful as Sterlo and Kenny were for Parra. They are as young as them when Parra won their first. And Lyon, the Stewarts, Matai won't be around forever

eagles2win said:
Bobcat (god help me I'm defending a dogs player)could have played for someone else

If a player can possibly see a premiership or is fairly close to the players around him he won't leave no matter what's in front of him

But the differnece is bobcat and hindy had played for their clubs longer than foz when they turned down contracts. They also didn't have the factor that there premiership winning coach who they were fond of defect to another club.

I hope foz stays. DCE and FOZ for the next 15 yrs would be nice :)

Eagles2nv said:
eagles2win said:

But the differnece is bobcat and hindy had played for their clubs longer than foz when they turned down contracts. They also didn't have the factor that there premiership winning coach who they were fond of defect to another club.

I hope foz stays. DCE and FOZ for the next 15 yrs would be nice :)

Bobcat could have got long service dispensation next season but the dopey dogs axed him

Brissie Kid said:
I'm sure Lowe said on 2SM that the "get out clause" only comes into force if the coach voluntarily leaves. In the event the coach is sacked due to contract breach, the "get out clause" in the player contracts has no effect. Might be wishful thinking but would be good if can be clarified.

Get out clauses and option clauses are "add ins" and they will individually mean what ever is written.

If it is written "I have the option to terminate the contract at any time should Des Hasler no longer be the NRL coach", then it means exactly that.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7