Bulldog (Storm) tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you look at yesterdays game for the majority of the first half, Manly played an up tempo game and poured through the Dogs middle making easy yards. The second half was much more a grind and that was down in part to Manly making more errors and not having the polish to put them away.

The wrestling and grappling continue to thwart the game and this will not change while you have people who run the game that have an agenda to make certain clubs continuously successful at the expense of other clubs!!

Somehow they have to outlaw the 3rd man in around the legs tactic, Not sure how you do that.though. Maybe make a rule where only the first two tacklers are allowed to go around legs ?

The onus also has to be put on the attacking player to play the ball on the mark once held is called. I find it equally frustrating how they let the ball carrier continue to fight and push after held is called. Then they push through or around the mark to play the ball to try and isolate the markers or milk a penalty. The defence collapse the ruck late to stop this happening as well.

Coaches will always try tactics that push the limits of the laws, that's what they are paid to do.

In good news though the refs last night were trying to stamp out another blight on the game. The days of the short flat pass are numbered
Such a shame they weren’t capable of applying the same visual ability towards short “flat” passes in 2013 GF.

Brisbane are $1.48 to win.
I think the Raiders and Souths were probably similar odds to beat us!.
At least I rest easy knowing we have a coach who will turn his mind to the opposition and actually study them and actually have some plan about who to select to best counter that opponent.

You make a lot of sense but unfortunately there is little common sense in those that run our game .

In the mean time all we can do is do what the other fckers do to us
Maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if Des would prefer to invent some other way to counter that rather than just adopting it ourselves.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8