Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about carrying on about this...well I'm not sorry, just didnt want you all off side...well...oh forget it.

My point is this. I didnt really care who RECRUITMENT OFFICER was. To me it was secondary to the information which is what I was after in the first place. I'm not privy to the internal negotiations of the club so finding out info that seemed in some senses original, I was interested and seems no one has yet said yay or nay to the validity of the data. Seemed to me to be the primary point.

Is there someone out there who knows what is happening with negotiations who has passed on the info? My suspicions led me to HARRY who seems to know a lot about the 'kids' but I may be well off the mark here and apologies to Harry if I'm wrong. Whoever it was has played a clever game.....just look at the number of entries its generated.

Dan said:
fLIP said:
Dan said:
fLIP said:

im not a butt
What other word can you use for a man who brings such rationality to senseless argument?

Boooo!

What a party pooper ;)

Boo to being a level headed non-emotional thinker, to hell with that.

There needs to be a very large "Chilling out" of Sea eagles fans I think. A collective sigh of "whatever, lets just watch the footy"

I am hoping next year brings some conversations about actual football, I miss the analysis though have fallen victim to baseless hate of many teams and admiration of my own. I think I may have to add a weekly Robust debate to spice things up again

I miss andrew :(

RiverEagle said:
Well no I don't actually ("have more time on my hands" than U right now) @Dan

If U hadn't noticed already. Being your website, all I meant was I'd see it more seriously.

All I do want to add here is, @6/71 I don't see it as "nothing". I saw this Thread as important, even the tangents @Ryan and I went down, to clear some air. (If U see the topic as unimportant, fair enough).The private feedback I got, as well as those openly in the Thread, agree.

And @SeaEagleRock8 , If U are referring to me as "strange" (as I assume) far better to be different than a hypocrite. (You've had as many, if not more "head-butts" and disagreements here this year than me). But you're ALSO in the Leadership Group...As such I'd try far harder to refrain from calling any members "strange" (especially when U have inside knowledge on them). That still applies if referring to anyone here.

But, we clearly disagree on the definition of "leadership" too (amongst other things).

Now I'm finished with this topic. I too have FAR more important matters to deal with.

Mate you need sit down, take a deep breath and watch a few soapies.

^ lol gotta pay extra for that!

cute-puppies.jpg

Actually @flIP I'm goin' into hospital for surgery today (so I'm guessing I'll have a bit of time to watch tv; not necessarily soapies, but U see what I mean).

Point taken @Dan

I speak my mind and try to treat everyone here the same (including Moderators). They also ask to be viewed as normal members, allowed to post as such; so again I merely treat them as equally as i can. (If they repeatedly have a "dig" at me, expect the same).

I already do talk to a lot of ppl here in private and elsewhere, too. (That will increase, don't worry).

Lastly, as U know, I feel strongly that every member here should have the right to Delete/Remove their profile, if they wish. Especially if they pay to help (Premium and Tipping Comp).

And even more for myself, after all the niggle and equally sarcastic responses i get (both in Forums and PM's). And whilst being told not to take it ALL so seriously, be "warned" about "harrassment" and "immediate banning" if I don't use the Appropriate Forum to ask any Q's etc.

(I only contacted U privately, concerned about my privacy; as U know).

U may also be surprised who I do actually talk to privately here.

And I try to add far more positive material (including Threads in other Forums to diversify things a little) than negative.

It takes "two-to-tango" in any disagreements here. IF that happens to be with a Mod (on the Forums) I treat 'em the same as anyone else (which they ask for).

Thanks for the "well-wishes" anyway.

Bearfax said:
Sorry about carrying on about this...well I'm not sorry, just didnt want you all off side...well...oh forget it.

My point is this. I didnt really care who RECRUITMENT OFFICER was. To me it was secondary to the information which is what I was after in the first place. I'm not privy to the internal negotiations of the club so finding out info that seemed in some senses original, I was interested and seems no one has yet said yay or nay to the validity of the data. Seemed to me to be the primary point.

Is there someone out there who knows what is happening with negotiations who has passed on the info? My suspicions led me to HARRY who seems to know a lot about the 'kids' but I may be well off the mark here and apologies to Harry if I'm wrong. Whoever it was has played a clever game.....just look at the number of entries its generated.

Your not wrong Bearfax I know a lot ;)

RiverEagle said:
Actually @flIP I'm goin' into hospital for surgery today (so I'm guessing I'll have a bit of time to watch tv; not necessarily soapies, but U see what I mean).

Point taken @Dan

I speak my mind and try to treat everyone here the same (including Moderators). They also ask to be viewed as normal members, allowed to post as such; so again I merely treat them as equally as i can. (If they repeatedly have a "dig" at me, expect the same).

I already do talk to a lot of ppl here in private and elsewhere, too. (That will increase, don't worry).

Lastly, as U know, I feel strongly that every member here should have the right to Delete/Remove their profile, if they wish. Especially if they pay to help (Premium and Tipping Comp).

And even more for myself, after all the niggle and equally sarcastic responses i get (both in Forums and PM's). And whilst being told not to take it ALL so seriously, be "warned" about "harrassment" and "immediate banning" if I don't use the Appropriate Forum to ask any Q's etc.

(I only contacted U privately, concerned about my privacy; as U know).

U may also be surprised who I do actually talk to privately here.

And I try to add far more positive material (including Threads in other Forums to diversify things a little) than negative.

It takes "two-to-tango" in any disagreements here. IF that happens to be with a Mod (on the Forums) I treat 'em the same as anyone else (which they ask for).

Thanks for the "well-wishes" anyway.

BEST WISHES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY

Thanks @globaleagle and @Harry

I'd like to add, I also took the time to do the Silvertails Survey this week (honestly but with respect).

Just a little bit back my way would help.

I'm outta' here. (PS @Bomack44 focusing on the 6 re-signings WAS how I kicked-off in this Thread. Have a loser look back to see where it went awry).

Bomack44 said:
So yea. How about manly re-signing those 6 players. Just wanted to remind everyone because I think people may have forgotten

I won't believe it until it has been confirmed by Dave Warwick thanks. And I won't believe it has been confirmed by Dave Warwick until Dave Warwick has proven that he is Dave Warwick.

Bomack44 said:
So yea. How about manly re-signing those 6 players. Just wanted to remind everyone because I think people may have forgotten

Who cares that they signed? I want to know if Dave Warwick is real god damnit!!

Ho hum. Last try. I was not referring to the 6 resignings mentioned in the media. What I was referring to were the following statements;

Charlie Taylor left because he didnt want to play with Manly not because of the money. Gutherson signed until 2015 (well I was able to verify that one)

John Hopoate Jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns. Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verilli playing SG Ball next year.

John Hopoate Jnr signed until 2017, Cade Cust until 2018, LIam Knight and Rhys Armstrong until 2016

At least one of these names is not mentioned in Manly's juniors that I can see. He changes the name Bill to Billy for the Bainbridge kid suggesting he knows the kid. He identifies contracts for four juniors not readily available. Consequently it sounds like someone close to the action.

I'll close with that. Thankyou for e-listening.

Bearfax said:
Ho hum. Last try. I was not referring to the 6 resignings mentioned in the media. What I was referring to were the following statements;

Charlie Taylor left because he didnt want to play with Manly not because of the money. Gutherson signed until 2015 (well I was able to verify that one)

John Hopoate Jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns. Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verilli playing SG Ball next year.

John Hopoate Jnr signed until 2017, Cade Cust until 2018, LIam Knight and Rhys Armstrong until 2016

At least one of these names is not mentioned in Manly's juniors that I can see. He changes the name Bill to Billy for the Bainbridge kid suggesting he knows the kid. He identifies contracts for four juniors not readily available. Consequently it sounds like someone close to the action.

I believe it was him

Can we also ban anyone who is posting on this site whilst wearing a burqa:)

or having a beard or wearing a hat, I don't know who's who anymore:)

RiverEagle said:

This I don't understand. There is nothing in your profile that you don't put there yourself. There is no requirement for anyone to prove their identity when registering for Silvertails, no requirement for names, valid email addresses, or contact numbers. So whatever people put in their profile in terms of revealing who they are is entirely their decision. You can be as anonymous as you wish. We have no way of determining real identities other than through payment details if you sign up for Tipping Comp / Premium membership. We are also privy to user details for those who win prizes and wish to claim them. All that information is only available to myself and Dan basically, and I can assure you that is treated with the utmost privacy and not shared with ANY other members (including other moderators) unless we receive permission to do so (in the case of transferring double passes to Brookie for example). We would never reveal members' personal details unless legally required to do so. This is something I personally feel strongly about as I believe everyone has a right to live an internet life as far removed from their real life as they see fit.

As far as not being able to "delete or remove" profiles, that is nothing other than a limitation of the forum software / platform from what I understand. There is nothing malicious or untoward going on there. If a user no longer wants to participate in the site then they can just stop logging in, it's no big deal. If need be we can quite easily apply a permanent ban for anyone who doesn't want to participate any longer but is worried that the temptation will be too great to overcome. There is talk of forum upgrades for next year so the new platform we adopt may well allow users to delete their profiles, I don't know to be honest.

Shoe1 said:
Bearfax said:

I believe it was him
Whos gives toss If it was him. He was quite happy to speed across to the Bulldogs but Cleal beat him :p :D

Chip and Chase said:
This I don't understand. There is nothing in your profile that you don't put there yourself. There is no requirement for anyone to prove their identity when registering for Silvertails, no requirement for names, valid email addresses, or contact numbers.

Unless they have a beard or are wearing sunglasses or a burqa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10