Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well appreciated Dave. Wish you could stay on the forum or at least pop in from time to time to quell the paranoia that builds up on these forums. Great to see Gutherson is with us next year. Hope Manly offers Jam-oate a deal to stay.

I know you wont answer this, but what is it with the coaching issue of NSW Cup team. Really they have been a serious disappointment for a few years now but Manly dont seem to want to change. Agreed things turned around a lot in the latter part of the U20s year and that was encouraging.

Again thanks but also please pop in and give us the goss from time to time. To me it seems logical for someone from the club to be available to answer questions. Surely the fans deserve it.

Well good reply given our backline depth, with tom t, gutherson, hiku all coming along taylor would not get look in.
Never seen wraps on john hopoate junior what is his postion and his age guys?

Interesting that the junior Hoppas all seem to be back on good terms with the club. Makes the rumour about Will wanting to come back when his Eels deal is up seem a little more possible...

Thanks Dave for the brilliant info, would be great to get an update like this every now and again.

I've learnt over the years if a player is brought to Manly then no matter what he has done before there must be something there as this recruitment team of ours is the best in the business

Thanks so much David for your involvement on the club's main supporter website. You can see how passionate and supportive this website is of you and the recruitment you have done. It would be great if you could occasionally mention some junior signings or happenings in the junior club that we never hear about? Many on here enjoy watching the juniors and your comments give us a connection to what is happening. It only brings the club and their main supporters a bit closer. Many thanks.

Darren said:
Thanks so much David for your involvement on the club's main supporter website. You can see how passionate and supportive this website is of you and the recruitment you have done. It would be great if you could occasionally mention some junior signings or happenings in the junior club that we never hear about? Many on here enjoy watching the juniors and your comments give us a connection to what is happening. It only brings the club and their main supporters a bit closer. Many thanks.

recruitment manager said:
hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles. I don't usually read fan forums but was informed by a fan that there were several unfortunate comments regarding Charlie Taylor and from "Harry"! Charlie asked for a release because he did not want to play for Manly anymore. He was not chased by any other club he was contracted. Of course we would have preferred he stay but we have a host of young local kids coming through who are all well looked after. The club is developing outstanding local boys such as John Hopoate jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns, Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verrills etc etc. these lads will be in our SG Ball side next year. Our 20s team finished last in 2013 and equal 8th this year. Differential points denied a position in the finals. virtually most of these lads will be there next season including local boys. Clinton Gutherson is signed until the end of 2015, Jake and Tom Trbojevic 2016, Jesse Ramien 2017, Liam Knight and Rhys Armstrong 2016, John Hopoate Jnr 2017, Cade Cust 2018. the list goes on however to many to mention. I will not be replying to any further forums but rest assured we are heading in the right direction whilst staying salary cap compliant and ensuring a responsible succesion plan. is that okay Harry?
Best Regards Dave Warwick.
Thanks but we don't need your comments. I come on here for rumours, innuendo and bull****e. We don't need the truth getting in the way.

A good thread ruined.
:)

Ryan said:
The question needs to be asked though, WHY does ANOTHER player not want to play for us?

Dave mentioned a whole heap of young players that DO want to play for us.:)

Disco said:
Obviously but if you structure the right deal they sign

U mean perhaps like "back-ending" deals Disco?

Because that appears to have worked well, hasn't it??

Thanks @MadMarcus for the Thread. (I'd been meaning to read it a few times, and been distracted one way or another).

Apart from the good news these men have re-comitted to Manly, Dave Warwick made my day!

Clarifications aside (which are mightily appreciated) I LOVE the Olympic-Class back-flips by several blokes in this Thread, who have relentlessly bagged our recruitment from top-to-bottom all year!

Bottom-line. Good news. Made so much sweeter, complimented by @"recruitment manager". (I just WISH Dave and/or Donny even had more time to set the record straight; as faster and succinctly as done here!)

Harry said:
Darren said:
Will this be goodbye Harry (or Charlie's manager/mate/friend etc) lol

No Mate, why ???? Strange why players want to leave though, including the top grade
Must have struck a nerve there hey Harry.
:)
Keep prodding - only way the club ever lets us know what we want to know and not what they want us to know.

Keep contributing Harry. You were right about a problem there and one player at least leaving because he didnt like what was happening at Manly. Besides it brought, thanks to another fan, Warwick out of the club to talk with us, which was great to see. And of course Warwick would stick by the club. They are his employers. Glad though he's our recruitment officer. He's picked up some decent players for us. We looked neutered when Cleal left, but seems Warwick has settled into the job admirably and is doing better than Cleal. with the limited monies available. Certainly our criticism of the club management had nothing to do with Warwick's efforts. Like Toovey, he has been one of the bright spots in the support squad

niccipops said:
Ryan said:
The question needs to be asked though, WHY does ANOTHER player not want to play for us?

Dave mentioned a whole heap of young players that DO want to play for us.:)

Yes and we can sack them all and give the money to turtle. Surely he'll stay for 2 million.

;)

RiverEagle said:
Disco said:
Obviously but if you structure the right deal they sign

U mean perhaps like "back-ending" deals Disco?

Because that appears to have worked well, hasn't it??

Thanks @MadMarcus for the Thread. (I'd been meaning to read it a few times, and been distracted one way or another).

Apart from the good news these men have re-comitted to Manly, Dave Warwick made my day!

Clarifications aside (which are mightily appreciated) I LOVE the Olympic-Class back-flips by several blokes in this Thread, who have relentlessly bagged our recruitment from top-to-bottom all year!

Bottom-line. Good news. Made so much sweeter, complimented by @"recruitment manager". (I just WISH Dave and/or Donny even had more time to set the record straight; as faster and succinctly as done here!)

What the hell are you talking about dude?

Watmough wants out
Matai wants out
Foran wants out every other day
Rumours have Brett Stewart wanting out
We hear this junior wants nothing to do with us

Noone should be running anywhere.

Junior recruitment aside, we still appear like a mental asylum gone into chaos. No one is complaining about recruitment...just the destabilizing players here already.

Oh, and our forwards are far too small and soft. We need some size, aggression but also with mobility like all the good clubs have.

Our forwards are 3-4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4