Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
Bearfax said:
Question is, has Gutherson resigned.

Good question, I'm guessing no otherwise they would have announced it unless he is already contracted?

Taylor was also contracted until the end of next season but got a release

Must not have rated him lol
I was told by someone close to the action apparently he had to fight tooth and nail to get out as he didn't want to be stuck with Willo next season or the 20s coach Lol. The Australian schoolboy I was told had 5 clubs chasing him, including Parra. I know the Roosters don't take Sh** very hard to make the cut there, as my mate works for the club in the business side and he gets looked after very well, they have plenty of $$$$$ and with Rich dude Nick Politis as Chairman, Robinson wanted Taylor there no matter what. I Hate seeing a local junior go but seriously who wants to play here in the lower grades for how many years and for peanuts ? With you know who. He'll end up being a superstar this kid, bloody speed demon and reminds me of my other favourite player Matai in defence, a shame he is gone but I will always support our local born talent.

Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
Bearfax said:

Good question, I'm guessing no otherwise they would have announced it unless he is already contracted?

I was told by someone close to the action apparently he had to fight tooth and nail to get out as he didn't want to be stuck with Willo next season or the 20s coach Lol. The Australian schoolboy I was told had 5 clubs chasing him, including Parra. I know the Roosters don't take Sh** very hard to make the cut there, as my mate works for the club in the business side and he gets looked after very well, they have plenty of $$$$$ and with Rich dude Nick Politis as Chairman, Robinson wanted Taylor there no matter what. I Hate seeing a local junior go but seriously who wants to play here in the lower grades for how many years and for peanuts ? With you know who. He'll end up being a superstar this kid, bloody speed demon and reminds me of my other favourite player Matai in defence, a shame he is gone but I will always support our local born talent.

Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
Bearfax said:

The Australian schoolboy I heard had to fight tooth and nail to get a release as he didn't want to be stuck with Willow or the 20s coach for next season and beyond no matter what Lol.
I was told close to the action that 5 clubs including Parra were after him but it was the Roosters and Robinson that chased him and got him.
With Nick Politis the rich dude in charge the club they have plenty of $$$$ and its hard to make the cut there as they don't take rubbish or your average.
My mate works for their club in business and even he gets well looked after.
He will be a bloody superstar this kid a speed demon in attack and Matai in defence, damn shame they couldn't do more to keep him, but as a local and I can even see the Fortress from my house, I will always support the Juniors at the club

Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
Bearfax said:

The Australian schoolboy I heard had to fight tooth and nail to get a release as he didn't want to be stuck with Willow or the 20s coach for next season and beyond no matter what Lol.
I was told close to the action that 5 clubs including Parra were after him but it was the Roosters and Robinson that chased him and got him.
With Nick Politis the rich dude in charge the club they have plenty of $$$$ and its hard to make the cut there as they don't take rubbish or your average.
He will be a bloody superstar this kid a speed demon in attack and Matai in defence, damn shame they couldn't do more to keep him, but as a local and I can even see the Fortress from my house, I will always support the Juniors at the club

I think there's very little cap as far as the 20's are concerned and unless they become part of the first grade 25 they are doomed to go elsewhere.

A great example of this is the Warriors who have more junior talent than the other 15 sides combined, there's no way in the world they can keep all theirs!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:

I think there's very little cap as far as the 20's are concerned and unless they become part of the first grade 25 they are doomed to go elsewhere.

A great example of this is the Warriors who have more junior talent than the other 15 sides combined, there's no way in the world they can keep all theirs!!

Your right mate and it means by having a junior go into the 1st grade 25 squad, it will cost the club a minimum of $60 000 and could put the club over the salary cap. Juniors get $5000 as a 1st grade game if they get called up.

Harry, if Willo and co are so bad, why does Manly continue to employ him. I mean if you are right, and I tend to believe you are, is the Manly management so dumb that they cant see there is a major problem for our juniors. Who makes these decisions and should we as supporters be e-mailing the club and expressing our disgust at this situation. If so where do we send our e-mails?

Bearfax said:
Harry, if Willo and co are so bad, why does Manly continue to employ him. I mean if you are right, and I tend to believe you are, is the Manly management so dumb that they cant see there is a major problem for our juniors. Who makes these decisions and should we as supporters be e-mailing the club and expressing our disgust at this situation. If so where do we send our e-mails?

I don't understand it myself Bearfax. Its been like this for years. I don't know if it a $$ issue. You would think we could get some decent coaches in. Willo is a nice guy but he can't coach and it would be nice to give the job to someone who has a good coaching record or a good upper commer, Cliffy would be great or someone else, even former players from the club. I have heard of other lower grade coaches from clubs getting $100 000 plus a season as their clubs rate their juniors highly and they want them to win and be top on the ladder and they get the good sponsorship. I don't think the juniors rate highly for the club here, sad. But supporters like myself love watching all the club games and getting to know the lower grade players.

hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles. I don't usually read fan forums but was informed by a fan that there were several unfortunate comments regarding Charlie Taylor and from "Harry"! Charlie asked for a release because he did not want to play for Manly anymore. He was not chased by any other club he was contracted. Of course we would have preferred he stay but we have a host of young local kids coming through who are all well looked after. The club is developing outstanding local boys such as John Hopoate jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns, Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verrills etc etc. these lads will be in our SG Ball side next year. Our 20s team finished last in 2013 and equal 8th this year. Differential points denied a position in the finals. virtually most of these lads will be there next season including local boys. Clinton Gutherson is signed until the end of 2015, Jake and Tom Trbojevic 2016, Jesse Ramien 2017, Liam Knight and Rhys Armstrong 2016, John Hopoate Jnr 2017, Cade Cust 2018. the list goes on however to many to mention. I will not be replying to any further forums but rest assured we are heading in the right direction whilst staying salary cap compliant and ensuring a responsible succesion plan. is that okay Harry?
Best Regards Dave Warwick.

recruitment manager said:
hello everyone. my name is Dave Warwick the recruitment manager for the Sea Eagles. I don't usually read fan forums but was informed by a fan that there were several unfortunate comments regarding Charlie Taylor and from "Harry"! Charlie asked for a release because he did not want to play for Manly anymore. He was not chased by any other club he was contracted. Of course we would have preferred he stay but we have a host of young local kids coming through who are all well looked after. The club is developing outstanding local boys such as John Hopoate jnr, Luke Polselli, Brad Parker, Jack Johns, Billy Bainbridge, Sam Verrills etc etc. these lads will be in our SG Ball side next year. Our 20s team finished last in 2013 and equal 8th this year. Differential points denied a position in the finals. virtually most of these lads will be there next season including local boys. Clinton Gutherson is signed until the end of 2015, Jake and Tom Trbojevic 2016, Jesse Ramien 2017, Liam Knight and Rhys Armstrong 2016, John Hopoate Jnr 2017, Cade Cust 2018. the list goes on however to many to mention. I will not be replying to any further forums but rest assured we are heading in the right direction whilst staying salary cap compliant and ensuring a responsible succesion plan. is that okay Harry?
Best Regards Dave Warwick.

If that is the REAL Dave Warwick that is great of you to reply and clarify some things. I know I appreciate it keep up the great job Dave

Lets be honest here.If Dave Wawrick isn't the best recruitment guy in the business I don't know who is.His only challenger was found to be at the forefront of the Storm scandal.

I have serious issues with the way some of the senior players handled this year and what we do around that BUT I have every confidence in our recruitment filling any holes that appear.Their record speaks for itself.

niccipops said:
@recruitment manager could you please ask Brett Stewart to call me on 041*****7?

:D

Thanks for the fantastic work you do for Manly.

Call you for what is it urgent or can it wait for fan day lol.

For now do what most women do and talk to a RLWeek poster it might come to life.

tookey said:
No mention of Jamile Hopoate. Hopefully we won't lose him as he is a potential first grader

You would hope he would stay with us after standing by him. But who would know these day's.

Thanks Dave for the update post. Does anyone remember who won the NYC or NSW cup in 2013 or 2012 or 2011 or 2010 or..... OR CARE. As long as first grade is up there in the finals each year battling it out, as we have done for the last decade, then I'm satisfied that our recruitment team is on the ball.

Technical Coach said:
niccipops said:
@recruitment manager could you please ask Brett Stewart to call me on 041*****7?

For now do what most women do and talk to a RLWeek poster it might come to life.
Just having a joke 'cause I've always thought that Snake's a bit cute.
On a more serious note I'd like to hear him talk about finishing his career in the Mighty Maroon and White.
@Moondog - no goats as they're busy running the NRL.

niccipops said:
Technical Coach said:
niccipops said:

Just having a joke 'cause I've always thought that Snake's a bit cute.
On a more serious note I'd like to hear him talk about finishing his career in the Mighty Maroon and White.
@Moondog - no goats as they're busy running the NRL.
Geez Nic, I reckon that's derogatory to goats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4