Buhrer and Uate confimed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bitterly disappointed. Would like to know how much we are paying for Uate before I form a greater opinion. If he is cheap, a change of scenery could make it a reasonable signing.

I know Eels fans are just naturally more feral than ours, but at least they have the back bone to back themselves, face their club, and demand answers when **** was down.

Just more passionate than all of us I guess?

Not us passive, do nothing, complain behind the PC Sea Eagles fans.

I spent so much work getting that damned petition for the upgrade of Brooky. How about someone lead this? I want answers from Penn & Fulton, and they need to justify themselves to the businesses customers who they are alienating..
The Eels are a club, run by a board of directors,they're answerable to the members, unfortunately the Sea Eagles are privately owned answerable to no one.

giphy.gif

The question is? How is best buddy DCE feeling about all this?
Or is it all part of the plan.

Mabye ferris got offered heaps of money and knights are paying for uate. @:rolleyes:
Id say that would be the case. 2 for the price of one sort of deal. Will make room for another solid signing. I can see Hopoate or lane filling Buhrers spot quite effectively to be honest. Also if the DWZ rumour comes to fruition we could have a pretty damn good replacement for Lyon. The fact we have some good young blokes knocking at the door for first grade selection is a good sign and releasing a few guys to focus on more important positions while giving these young forwards a shot could be strategically a good plan for the rebuild. Buhrer was always a solid worker but never really struck me as a superstar.

On facebook manly fans are not happy.

I really hope the club releases justification behind this decision. I think we deserve that.

At least there might be some logic behind the madness.

Mabye ferris got offered heaps of money and knights are paying for uate. @:rolleyes:

I think this would be pretty much what happened.

Buhrer is great but he's not worth $700k a season, and getting Uate cheap is a pretty good outcome. With any luck Buhrer will have a couple of quiet seasons at the Knights then come back to us cheap.

Buhrer is great but he's not worth $700k a season, and getting Uate cheap is a pretty good outcome. With any luck Buhrer will have a couple of quiet seasons at the Knights then come back to us cheap.
Is $700k/season what Drugcastle got him for? Jeebus! Probably overs, but I'd be willing to bet we wouldn't have had to *quite* match that sort of coin. I'm guessing we lowballed him and he's effectively gotten an offer he can't refuse: and good on him. NRL players have a limited amount of time in which to earn big coin and he deserves it. Hopefully he comes back one day, as he's a good player and a Manly boy to the bone.

I, for one, would never rag on him for taking such a contract.

On paper, however, losing a damn good utility back with quite a few years left in him, for an average winger who wasn't good enough to get a run in perhaps the_worst_EVER NRL team, is baffling at best, and absolutely stupid in real terms.

Sigh...

Id say that would be the case. 2 for the price of one sort of deal. Will make room for another solid signing. I can see Hopoate or lane filling Buhrers spot quite effectively to be honest. Also if the DWZ rumour comes to fruition we could have a pretty damn good replacement for Lyon. The fact we have some good young blokes knocking at the door for first grade selection is a good sign and releasing a few guys to focus on more important positions while giving these young forwards a shot could be strategically a good plan for the rebuild. Buhrer was always a solid worker but never really struck me as a superstar.

DWZ won't come to Manly. He wants to play fullback, and will get that gig at Penrith when they shift Moylan to the 6.

it has been reported 400k where did u get 700k ???

That's a bit disappointing, Ferris has always been a goer, on current form he is offering more than Brown. I'd handle him being traded if we are upgrading his spot....but Uate ??? Do we really need a non versatile winger at the moment ?? I'd prefer we were looking for a winger/fullback to offer some coverage for TT.

Well all the best to Jamie, hopefully he has managed to get a bit of an upgraded contract. Good luck to him.
A cardboard cutout offers more the Brown.

$700k???? Ferris isn't worth that money. I would've kept Buhrer, but only as a as a bench utility, he is way too small for my liking. I'd like a peptide muncher, built like the hulk, who makes metres in his sleep, to play in the backrow. Bozo is on the right track...no more horo, symonds, Buhrer type forwards, who struggle to make metres.

Last edited:
DWZ won't come to Manly. He wants to play fullback, and will get that gig at Penrith when they shift Moylan to the 6.
Gus said on Sunday footy a couple of weeks ago they have no plans anymore for Moylan to 5/8, they plan a future with Te Marie Martin and Nathan Cleary, what we can offer him if centre panthers can't offer him that and they can't afford him.

The MWSE facebook post regarding Buhrer & Uate is being absolutely peppered with criticism. 1400 posts in 2 hours and almost every single one of them seems pissed off.

Feel sorry for the person lumped with the socials job, instead of someone (or two) full time like just about every other club / professional organisation these days, it'd be an add on job for someone else. They've been on a blocking spree on twitter.. but it's not so bad there, mainly because a large chunk of their followers there are fakes or barely active users. Facebook would be much larger numbers of actual people.

https://www.twitteraudit.com/SeaEagles
Followers
24,989 Real
19,161 Fake
Audit score
57%

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10