Buhrer and Uate confimed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very sad to see Jamie leave. One of the last remaining players that represented the true manly spirit. Although I did hear knights signed him for 1.4mil over two seasons. If thats really the case was he worth keeping for that price?
Manly would be subsidising part,unless they did a deal with Knights to get Uate.I doubt they'd pay him that much,but if you heard it from anyone it would be from someone at Manly to use as an excuse to off load him

Notice the small differences in the way each club wrote their releases and handled it.

Knights seperate news items on their site, parting words from Uate.. a short video message / tribute as well as an avenue for fans to say thanks by sending in messages via a form to be passed on.

Manly has generic dribble followed by more generic dribble in one very basic post, no message from Jamie (wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to), no simple option for fans to say thanks (and sorry you got dudded)

very minor touches, very simple to do, but one club just can't be bothered.

Very sad to see Jamie leave. One of the last remaining players that represented the true manly spirit. Although I did hear knights signed him for 1.4mil over two seasons. If thats really the case was he worth keeping for that price?
It doesn't matter how much he was offered. He was still signed for us for next season. The club let him go. It's the latest in a string of disgraceful decisions that will result in many long-term members like myself not renewing in 2017.

At times like this, where is the recruitment team to come out and justify a signing, not just the coach?

Oh wait... They're doing the Scott Penn, hide away until the grass is green again

At the end of the day and with all sentimentality aside, I could stomach this if I thought we were getting what we need out of this swap from a footballing perspective, but I don't.

I see a washed up winger who was rocks and diamonds even at his best, being passed up for one of the best "roll up sleeves and get dirty" backrowers in the competition. Why couldn't Newcastle take Lewis Brown off our hands and palm off Jake Mamo or something...why this?!

At the end of the day and with all sentimentality aside, I could stomach this if I thought we were getting what we need out of this swap from a footballing perspective, but I don't.

I see a washed up winger who was rocks and diamonds even at his best, being passed up for one of the best "roll up sleeves and get dirty" backrowers in the competition. Why couldn't Newcastle take Lewis Brown off our hands and palm off Jake Mamo or something...why this?!

Hey, maybe we are just looking to stockpile as many garbage, to average wingers that aren't first grade material as we can, so guys like Brad Parker are held back. What's that?

Mathew Wright (reserve grader at the best of times)
Brayden Wiliame (win / loss % - say no more)
Jonathan Wright (Up there with Wright / Wiliame)
Akuila Uate (Can't make a last placed struggling Knights)

Guess we need all that quality to replace Stewart, Matai, Lyon & Taufua who are all leaving us soon.

The feeble attempt to explain and justify why Jamie is leaving when the same coach recently advocated that Jamie was a chance to be captain. Confirms for me that Barrett is a puppet for who really is running things.
Always said Barrett was on a hiding to nothing, and this will make things even harder on him. Seriously, he must be wondering what the **** he's taken on.
I can't see any of these latest recruitment "moves" doing anything but further destroying whatever remains of the team's morale.

I like it, Uate could be a weapon and while Jamie is one of my favourite players, in his role as a back rower he was good but rarely outstanding, he is just a touch underweight for the modern game. He could have excelled at hooker, but never really had that chance.

Yes Buhrer openly spoke of his attachment to the club, is a cleanskin/role model type of bloke, but that didn't get an extra year for the likes of Beaver and Brent Kite, did it...

On paper it makes sense - a (once) dynamic winger v an undersized forward. My issue is with the desire. Are we really banking on Uate to rediscover his love for the game and his previous form, just based on a change in scenery? Or were there things going on behind the scenes at Newcastle we are not aware of? (ie Brown forcing him out) Because we know that Buhrer's dedication to Manly can NEVER be questioned.

The only thing I find more bizarre than this ridiculous player swap is the clubs explanation. I doubt it was in Trent's own words but whoevers, it is the only explanation I have ever seen to be more comical than the good Dr John Hewson trying to explain the GST cake !!!

OK recruitment /retention people you have had your joke, now please tell us supporters who you really have signed , because if you wouldnt be so stupid as to release Jamie Buhrer and signed more second rate players like Brown, Wright, Walker, etc. If true then T Baz and co will achieve the only trophy the club has never got, and doesnt want.

I thought Paul Kent was usually pretty reliable, he is either out of touch at Manly or has NFI.

I'm so saddened by then news of Jamie leaving, Uate pisses me off but I can get over it.

Shaping up for another year without finals

Would have rather kept him, but I'd imagine that he will be on 400k plus at Newcastle when in reality he is a 250k player. Very good signing for Newcastle there and the sort of thing they need to do moving forward

Don't really understand the Uate hate, only 28, quick, 3 time Dally M player of the year and we are getting him on the cheap, nothing to lose really considering it is an area we are weak in. The "he couldn't even make the team at Newcastle" line is irrelevant, their previous management signed him on ridiculous money, and they wanted him out, simple as that. Lussick didn't go too bad this year either for a guy that this time last year was a rubbish signing as well, could endlessly go on with names like Robertson, Bryant, Hall, Galuvao etc etc who were also called rubbish but became great buys

I like it, Uate could be a weapon and while Jamie is one of my favourite players, in his role as a back rower he was good but rarely outstanding, he is just a touch underweight for the modern game. He could have excelled at hooker, but never really had that chance.

Yes Buhrer openly spoke of his attachment to the club, is a cleanskin/role model type of bloke, but that didn't get an extra year for the likes of Beaver and Brent Kite, did it...
Menzies and Kite were both in their 30's

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7