Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A pricey bench utility that has no real position and has had his share of off field issues played out in the media.... Woodsie are you still celebrating new year's?

I agree he's a talented kid and without doubt a very naturally skilled footballer but... that's not really the issue... It would be where does he fit into our team?

I think our backrow could prove to be one of the best in the comp this year. And I don't believe shifting Jurbo to prop is a great idea. Jurbo needs to be on the field for 80mins holding the centre of our defence together.

I don't see Cartwright being a bench utility, he's just too good for that. If he was happy with that then absolutely but I just dont see him taking a pay cut when teams like the Knights would offer him a big salary for a full time role.

For those reasons I just don't see him being on our radar. If we dropped Siro, maybe because they are similar... But I think Siros done enough to show he could have a really good 2018.

Agree he is super talented (in attack).
Agree to disagree about fitting him in.

Stop being fukken sensible ....

madmax

Bencher
Agree, In some ways a victim of his own versatility (like Siro) ... but a great natural footballer, have seen him rip the opposition a new one on several occasions.

Too good to ignore wherever he might play. With the exception of Thommo I would put him ahead of all our other 2nd rowers ... and Thommo is 29 remember..
Sorry mate in my opinion he would be behind Thompson & Sironen.........what a forward pack Taupau, Jake T, Thompson, Sironen, Cartwright.......

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
If Carty moves there is no chance in Hell that Penrith foots any of the bill .Quite the opposite actually ,I would expect the new team to be giving back a talented piece of stock.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Penrith are not in the habit of letting established players leave and paying large chunks of freight on their contracts. If they let Cartwright go I’m sure Gus would stipulate it has to be at full price to whoever wants him.
Except when they dumped all their established players a few years ago.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penrith are not in the habit of letting established players leave and paying large chunks of freight on their contracts. If they let Cartwright go I’m sure Gus would stipulate it has to be at full price to whoever wants him.

hmmm ... the name Luke Lewis comes to mind

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
So much so ,he let Barrett take him no questions asked.
Panthers Executive General Manager rugby league Phil Gould AM made the following statement:

"Media reports regarding Panther player Lewis Brown's new deal with the Manly club are disappointing and misleading.

Panthers advised Lewis Brown some time ago that salary cap pressure meant he should seek other opportunities.

Lewis had received interest from several clubs. I personally recommended Lewis to Bob Fulton as a player who'd given us great service.

I am extremely happy for Lewis that he has secured his future with a great new deal at a great club like Manly. He thoroughly deserves it.

He has been wonderful for the Panthers. Unfortunately salary cap rules dictate th

D

Deleted member 26876

If we where chasing him would we look to put him at 5/8?
I've always seen him as a backrower but I know he plays well at 5/8. IMO not the half we need and I think our back row is set. Great player though but what to do with him. Too good not to consider
We could move Jake to Prop, and have a solid backrow in Cartwright, Thompson and Sironen although not sure this rumour will have any legs

Oh this has already been said

tookey

First Grader
Panthers Executive General Manager rugby league Phil Gould AM made the following statement:

"Media reports regarding Panther player Lewis Brown's new deal with the Manly club are disappointing and misleading.

Panthers advised Lewis Brown some time ago that salary cap pressure meant he should seek other opportunities.

Lewis had received interest from several clubs. I personally recommended Lewis to Bob Fulton as a player who'd given us great service.

I am extremely happy for Lewis that he has secured his future with a great new deal at a great club like Manly. He thoroughly deserves it.

He has been wonderful for the Panthers. Unfortunately salary cap rules dictate th
Nice signing Fulton - not

Gould and Fulton had an agreement not to poach each others players Gould knew that meant Manly couldn't steal any good riff players only crap ones like Brown

manly al

First Grader
Nice signing Fulton - not

Gould and Fulton had an agreement not to poach each others players Gould knew that meant Manly couldn't steal any good riff players only crap ones like Brown
Does anyone know officially how much contract money Brown is actually on ? I was reasonably surprised when he was recruited , maybe justified as a low cost depth signing at the time but in a Manly starting line up , a handicap for Manly from any perspective .

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Well now that we have officially turned a Bryce Cartwright thread into a cry baby, butt hurt Louis Brown whingeathon ......

There is only one thing that can save it ...... a picture of Margot Robbie ....

Sexy-Margot-Robbie-4K-Wallpaper-680x425.jpg

manly al

First Grader
I think it is $350k pa
Zero personal dislike of the guy and full marks to his level of enthusiasm and keenness but that contract amount would be way out of any realistic proportion . Hope that Lewis can still make a worth while contribution this season for Manly but surely he will not be retained and that type of cap money will be very useful for upgrading a couple or a few existing players that would warrant keeping . I am sure that Lewis would be receiving the same or even much worse reaction from fans from other clubs and if his similar present situation with the Manly club prevailed else where and again probably with even much less tolerance . If he can do his best and play his expected role for Manly this year , this would be sufficient in the present circumstances .

KNUCKLES

Bencher
That's very cheap for an international at the time. If thats the case I'll be happy to keep him on that money for his utility value but I find that amount hard the believe.
I'm pretty sure it was reported at the time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16