Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Moley mentioned on Twitter prior to Xmas that a high profile first grader was looking to get out!

He reckons Griffin is the issue, can’t coach for **** and the players are dirty that Gould let TBaz go.

SO, anything is possible

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
@Mark from Brisbane .. there was an article in the paper a few days ago saying that Bryce wanted out and that Penriff wouldn't stand in his way. Reason loosely being his loss of form since the public blow up with that girl ... wants a clean start away from the area etc, etc,

It would follow that with the Baz and Big Johnny connection we would be mentioned as contenders ...

Moley mentioned on Twitter prior to Xmas that a high profile first grader was looking to get out!

He reckons Griffin is the issue, can’t coach for **** and the players are dirty that Gould let TBaz go.

SO, anything is possible

There's a few looking at their options from all the whispers around the pubs here in the riff and a lot does seem to come down to Griffin. A poor start and he is not immune to being first punted despite recent re-signing, especially while there are a couple of coaches with runs on the board currently without a team. So talk is a few are prepared to ride it out, however hasn't stopped questions being asked.
Aside from the obvious connection, i think there are a few things that could fall into place to make this happen. I doubt it will, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did. He is definitely a talent. Change of scenery could be good for him. There'd be a lot of reminders about the drama with the ex, and then ultimately what ended up happening with her. One of those things that even if you have moved on, will always be reminders of in the area etc. Not always easy for young blokes to deal with. That and Penrith do have a pretty solid roster in the positions he fills and he is no guaranteed of a regular starting run, especially if there are other things on the mind. I think he'll be a long term panther, but wouldn't be opposed to him joining if it happened.

ricardo

Bencher
Not sure if I rate him as highly as his potential indicated he could be. If it’s the Hook factor and not laziness/attitude he could be an excellent Gifty style ball playing second rower. The experiment to make him a 5/8 did not work at Penriff, so count that out.

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
Where would you fit Bryce Cartwright

8. M. Taupau
9. A. Koroisau
10. J. Trbojevic
11. C. Sironen
12. J. Thompson
13. B. Cartwright

14. Utility (Brown, Croker, Hastings etc)
15. A. Fonua-Blake (prop)
16. L. Perrett (prop)
17. D. Lussick (2nd row/lock)
By moving Jake to front row in place of Darcy, we add more enthusiasm and thrust.
Cartwright at Lock would bring a little extra speed and creativity. These changes make Manly somewhat more dangerous.
Darcy to the bench adds size to a reserve bench already is massive. Bring it 2018!

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So how would you see it work? Who goes?

Don't know .... don't have a plan .... but he is a throw back to "natural" footballer .... anywhere on the park and he would do the same thing regardless of position.

Probably the perfect bench/impact player for mine ... but I would get him on the field somehow.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Where would you fit Bryce Cartwright

8. M. Taupau
9. A. Koroisau
10. J. Trbojevic
11. C. Sironen
12. J. Thompson
13. B. Cartwright

14. Utility (Brown, Croker, Hastings etc)
15. A. Fonua-Blake (prop)
16. L. Perrett (prop)
17. D. Lussick (2nd row/lock)
By moving Jake to front row in place of Darcy, we add more enthusiasm and thrust.
Cartwright at Lock would bring a little extra speed and creativity. These changes make Manly somewhat more dangerous.
Darcy to the bench adds size to a reserve bench already is massive. Bring it 2018!
You stole my avatar!

No room for Bryce unless 5/8th is the thinking. Even then I don’t think that is his best position.

I worry about his defence in the 13.

manly al

First Grader
Still a way to go before they should be ready for Ist grade but i think that it would be more prudent for Manly to concentrate and focus on grooming and retaining local junior back rowers such as young Olakauatu from the 20 's and Josh Shuster before trying to bring in a present unsettled and probably high priced import. Good also to have skilled back rowers in the Glen Stewart mould but i think that guys like Siro can also offer this as well as Jake improving his ball skills with his on going international experience . Now with Joel Thompson's signing , back row depth is hardly an issue for Manly now and just think that retaining and developing those young back rowers for i st grade level [ and ideally soon ] will provide much more benefit and value in the shorter and longer term .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16