Brown/Myles Vote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Lewis Brown and Nate Myles be picked again for first grade in 2017?

• Yes - give them another chance to redeem themselves

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • No - They do nothing for us, waste of money

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Injury crisis ONLY

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
Initially I thought Myles was a smart signing if only because he helped us to hold onto DCE. But DCE's been pretty bloody ordinary ever since…
Thought he showed good signs tonight. Had a close up of his leadership after a try was conceded. Talked to everyone and seemed really direct, had some good plays considering the lack of football we had. Lots of pressure was taken off him and due to green who might not have had his best match but neither does anyone in their debut for a new club, later on we'll see just how good of an effect he'll have

Remember it's only rd 1, and as Rabs stated a few years back, the best time to beat manly is in rd 1. Good times ahead, oh may I rephrase, good culture and attitude building ahead. A new side will take some time with ball security and all that but as long as the heart and defence is there it will be able to build.

OK so last year I never said one thing positive about Poo or Plod. But that was last year, back when they sucked.

Sorry folks but this is 2017 and whilst our team is still making many of the same errors, Lewis Brown looks the player we need as our starting hooker right now.
Crisp delivery from dummy half. Nice and aggressive today and defended well. No arm grabs. Jacko on the bench can finish it off.

He will be hit and miss. But We need Myles. Well, we need the Myles who bashed up JWH a couple weeks ago.

Wouldn't mind Jacob Samoa taking Perretts spot on our bench.

Myles really annoys me. All the talk about his determination to prove us wrong and he comes out and dishes up the same soft c**k hit ups, and not much else. He sits in the stands watching Jake bust a gut out there, then trots out as a fresh troop when the boys needed something inspirational, and what do we get. **** all is what. You never see him talking to the others, encouraging, geeing them up, its just head down, plodding hitups and the occasional tackle. Not good enough for me. If we had more forward depth he would be on his last chance for mine. But I'm yet to be convinced about Sironen or Perrett, so the stocks aren't great. As for Brown, he is just very average.
And in addition there he was having a nice guy chat and laugh with the Parra players after the game.
NYEagle

Brown looked to overplay it today - too much enthusiasm.

In saying that he was the fresh legs and scrambled like a mag dog during those 6 repeat sets to tackle anything he could, parra would have scored a try without him at that time.

His penalty was a bit of a shocker but it looked to me like frustration, a few of the boys seemed fed up especially after the "play on" play the ball penalty.

To be fair, Brown played with enthusiasm.

He wasn't the worst today, but I would have hooked him after he gave away the dumbest penalty you will ever see with the facial.

Given the game situation, that was unforgiveable.

Browns passing from dummy half was a fair bit better, and he did tackle " like a mad dog" during that 6 sets at the line.

BUT

Myles " I was **** last year and still am" Myles is a complete waste of space, and let's not forget we have him for TWO more years!!!

**** off to Blacktown Workers as far as I'm concerned and stick in a young raw bone kid hat will at least bring some life to that position because we are sure to **** not going to miss a couple of half hearted, 3 step run ups, then turn and softy fall to the ground efforts from Myles.

Better still **** off back to the Titans or the Roosters or wherever and give us back our cap space!!

PS: how sad was it that we missed out on Matagi, didn't he have a great game last night.

Mr Plod is putting his name right amongst the hypothetical "worst ever signings" category. Actually if this continues for another 2 seasons there may not be any need to debate.

Move over Andy Goodway, James Leuluai .....and a few others

If the club are serious about re-building, they will put these 2 guys out to pasture and promote youth ASAP. The defeat yesterday came on the back of errors from our senior players. It was a resolute performance by the team but we cant afford to be carrying dead wood. Time to be brave Bozo and Trent!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12