Brown-Harper player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Trying again as my previous post was deleted for some reason, (be good if it was explained why).

The point of my post is that the SMH are reporting the club is interested in a player swap of Parra's Nathan Brown for Morgan Harper, and the fact I don't understand why we would contemplate this when we have 3 centres in Harper, Parker, Koula (nowithstanding some juniors but are they ready) whereas we have a plethora of backrowers Jake, Tuilagi, Olakau-atu, Bullemor, Ben Turbo, Lawton plus future guns Fulton, Fainu and Fifita.

That is all I was saying.

Depends on the dollars in my opinion, if the Eels are picking up most of the freight then I’d go for it, one year contract with an option for more.

Can see both sides of the argument.

1. Harper is behind Koula and Garrick and probably Parker. So where does that leave a 4th string centre? Brown looks fairly washed but may have the juice to put up a decent season and would add experience and mongrel to the backrow.

2. We have a heap of backrowers and if we get a couple of injuries in the backline then Harper would come in really handy.

Unless Parra pay full freight on the difference in contracts i wouldn't do it.

If they are prepared to do that it's definitely worth a long chat in the Sea Eagles coaches room.

i dont think we need brown other than the mongrel he brings but its a good deal regardless swapping a reserve grade standard player for someone a lot better ableit in a different position.
The Eels can take Harper and get boyle for free, time to get rid of the deadwood

Last edited:
Trying again as my previous post was deleted for some reason, (be good if it was explained why).

The point of my post is that the SMH are reporting the club is interested in a player swap of Parra's Nathan Brown for Morgan Harper, and the fact I don't understand why we would contemplate this when we have 3 centres in Harper, Parker, Koula (nowithstanding some juniors but are they ready) whereas we have a plethora of backrowers Jake, Tuilagi, Olakau-atu, Bullemor, Ben Turbo, Lawton plus future guns Fulton, Fainu and Fifita.

That is all I was saying.
Merged into the harper thread not deleted....

Parra fans on 1EE seem to think the play is to free up cap space so they can offer more to Moses.

If that’s the case it’s a bad deal for Manky because it’s swapping a dud for a dud imo.

2-3 years again Brown was way better and would have said easy choice.
Personally think the young guns we have in our own backyard as in Fifita, Fainu, Fulton have more ceiling today.
Would still take him as has a competitive edge that could be handy for the youngsters moving forward and just maybe....he could turn back the clock and add fire missing at times, on a 1-2 season contract....

I like Morgan
Has a lot of grit.
Don "t mind Morgan too and did show a bit of improvement in the latter stage of last season . Really think that Fletcher - Myers has to be fast tracked into Manly i st grade as a centre A S A P however or as soon as practical . Then even Weekes could be seen as a better option even as a centre then Morgan . Just the way it goes , Think that Morgan will most likely still stick with the club this season but can be a bit fluid sometimes for certain players who find themselves on the fringes at i st grade level a bit .

Whatever we do we need to prioritise the continued development players coming through and not find ourselves losing a eg Fifita , GCKT, S Fainu type players because critical salary cap is wasted on journey men types from elsewhere , no more Nat Myles , L Browns, or post 29 year olds likely to spend a lot of time in rehab. We have a generation of talent coming up through the ranks, slowed by Covid and Des, we must keep the best of them , they may not keep coming if the program of busing in young talent from the west isn’t continued, so I prefer to not say - you cant keep ‘‘em all, prefer we keep the ones we want because it’s in the financial plan and watching Josh wearing the tigers jumper is , annoying…they can have Morgan , please sent Josh back , thanks very much …

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4