Brookvale Oval Upgrade - Finally?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The blurb from the club says nothing about moving the changing rooms, however the architectural renders appear to have a players’ race plonked in the middle of the grandstand seating. We will just have to wait and see.

The firsts might move to the CoE, with either the current rooms given over to the lower grades for their sole use, or the visiting teams will take over the Manly rooms and the home teams move ‘holus bolus’ to the new facility.

As for further work on the Jane Try, like improved facilities at the back and underneath, or an eastward extension of the grandstand seating - that will have to wait for another funding boost.:)

Last edited:
The CGI of the proposed new grandstand shows the scoreboard in the NE corner. I was concerned that in this location, at the angle shown in the render, spectators on the Hill wouldn't have a clear view of it. I sent my concerns to the project manager and received this reassuring reply (it shows that he will respond to any other concerns we may have, so well done to him)

Thanks for your email.

The render you have highlighted doesn’t clearly show that the scoreboard is located at the rear of a concourse that services the new grandstand. From its location at the rear of the concourse, the scoreboard can be seen by spectators on the eastern hill.

The project team had a scoreboard analysis report completed through the architect, which indicated the NE corner as the best viewing location for all stadium spectators. The location was endorsed by the Club as a result of this analysis.

Feel free to get in touch anytime to discuss the project in more detail.

Regards,

Chris Brown
m 0400 956 660 | e [email protected] | w
waypointgrp.com.au

I understand that in due course another one could be installed in the northwestern corner, dependent on funds.

A narrow strip style scoreboard, like they had on the old Bradman Stand at the SCG, would come in handy on the F-M Stand too.

Would be nice if they would propose a retractable roof with the new stadium at Brookie. We need some other advantage playing at home and playing in the wet isn’t one of them

I suggest an enclosed stadium fully air conditioned. Now that's the ticket.

I am sure GE would like the Bull Moose stand in honour in two old front rowers.;)

Last edited:
We need another 50 million or so to get an LED curtain, they are all the rage nowadays.

So why no "new" stadium at Brookvale?

NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro has revealed the NRL's bold push for as many as four or five new 20,000-seat stadiums in Sydney has the backing of the state government, saying: "We're going back to basics".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4