Brookvale Oval Upgrade - Finally?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As it seems every construction project in the universe runs over budget...and they still get paid somehow....

I'll tender 2 million then just ~need~ 50 or 60 mill in over run costs thanks!

An artist’s impression is one thing, but I’ll be excited once we see a schematic diagram or possibly a rendering.

However for true supporters the piece de resistance will of course be the architect’s 3D flythrough.

An artist’s impression is one thing, but I’ll be excited once we see a schematic diagram or possibly a rendering.

However for true supporters the piece de resistance will of course be the architect’s 3D flythrough.

There are extremely detailed plans on the council website. It wont let me post the link here for some reason

A Northern Beaches Council commissioned report recommended the development application be rejected but the Sydney North Planning Panel over-ruled the arguments made by Council’s assessor and approved the development.

Council’s report said that the proposed development did not meet the plan of management for Brookvale Park, and would result in the removal of heritage listed trees at the northern end of the park to accommodate the new building.

Mr Dare made a point of saying the project would be at no cost to the ratepayers of the Northern Beaches, despite Council being responsible for the ground.

FMD - I'm not living there so don't know about the politics but those Northern Beaches Council members seem like a bunch of do nothing, anti everything gits.

Asked if they could change the shape of the building to save more trees, ( @:D @:D @:D @:D ) it was explained that the constraint of the space required for an NRL field meant saving a tree in one place meant one (or two) were impacted somewhere else.

Mr Dare concluded, “After 20 years of talking, the community wants the club to get on with it.”

Last edited:
FMD - I'm not living there so don't know about the politics but those Northern Beaches Council members seem like a bunch of do nothing, anti everything gits.
They do like to do something - raise rates and approve developments of units. Rory Amon is the only on that does anything positive (or tries to).

I wonder how Michael the Mayor voted?

And now that that is resolved, can Clowncil get on with the pitch and associated works upgrade. No excuses, Mayor Regan.

Last edited:
And another thing (or two):

on the one hand they worry about (admittedly lovely) mature trees at a long-established sporting venue; then on the other they oversee urban consolidation across big chunks of the peninsula. That in turn make it harder for anyone to contemplate growing decent sized trees to add to the green canopy - because plot sizes are too small.

Qoute of the year .... give the man a cigar ..

Mr White also pointed out that the Sea Eagles themselves were an important part of the heritage of the ground since 1947, “The use of the park as a sporting ground is intrinsically linked to the oval and changes in development have occurred over time. If the club were to leave to seek improved facilities elsewhere, that would represent a greater loss of heritage [than the trees].”

And another thing (or two):

on the one hand they worry about (admittedly lovely) mature trees at a long-established sporting venue; then on the other they oversee urban consolidation across big chunks of the peninsula. That in turn make it harder for anyone to contemplate growing decent sized trees to add to the green canopy - because plot sizes are too small.

What species are the impacted trees ? Its so long since Ive been to Brooky, are they brush box ? (Lophostemon confertus) or camphor laurel ?

Every local council is the same, filled with the anti everything and do as I say nut cases.

All they care about is approving new unit buildings and forming sister cities around the globe so they can go off on world tour junkets.

Every local council is the same, filled with the anti everything and do as I say nut cases.

All they care about is approving new unit buildings and forming sister cities around the globe so they can go off on world tour junkets.

As someone who works for a Council, I think we need some perspective on the process for DA's of this type

When Council is the landowner or has a vested interest in the application or the application is over a certain value , the approval process is carried out at arms length to the Council. An independent planner is appointed to review the application ( not Council Staff) and make a recommendation.

The application is then considered by a independent panel ( it has no Northern Beaches Councillor's on it) - in this case the Sydney North Planning Panel who make the final determination not the Council. I know people who are on these panels and they are usually ex Planning Directors from other Council's or other planning executives

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6