Brookvale Oval naming rights in 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously Brookvale Oval is destined to be called No Name Stadium. I was expecting the Pig Penn.
Clint Eastwood Stadium it is then.

They could rename the main entrance the Ennio Morricone Gates; the old dunnies in the N-W corner the Eli Wallach Heads (one false move[ment]and your gone); the scoreboard kiosk the Lee Van Cleef Bar (complain about the service and you cop it between the eyes); and of course the video screen will be the Sergio Leone Screen.

Last edited:
It wont be Daikin Air conditioners, looks like they have not renewed their sponsorship. Cant see them on the website/corporate partners listing anymore. They have been around for a long time.

Front and centre on the Waratahs Jersey this year.

It wont be Daikin Air conditioners, looks like they have not renewed their sponsorship. Cant see them on the website/corporate partners listing anymore. They have been around for a long time.

Front and centre on the Waratahs Jersey this year.
Rugby supporters are more likely to have air conditioners than league supporters especially in their 3 storey mansions and holiday houses

Seriously it's hardly Suncorp Stadium is it, with a sporting event almost every weekend and concerts midweek.

Who in their right mind would spend money on this, whilst we love the joint for it's history , others are right, compared to every other ground it's a ****hole!!

Seriously it's hardly Suncorp Stadium is it, with a sporting event almost every weekend and concerts midweek.

Who in their right mind would spend money on this, whilst we love the joint for it's history , others are right, compared to every other ground it's a ****hole!!
Couple of points:

1. When was your last visit?

2. You have to start somewhere. Big picture (think strategic) time - you derive income from naming rights that should (at least in part) be plowed back into the ground. And that certainly appears to be the case in this instance. Gradually, 'de-sh-tholification' occurs.

Two things, first the sponsor is paying for exposure not buying the place, and secondly if it is a several year deal they will get a revamped stadium. I am sure all that would be taken into consideration including the down time and the publicity from the reopen.

So who gets the money. The people who own the place...i.e. Council or one tenant called The Sea Eagles. And if its the Sea Eagles, will they put that money (theirs) into the councils stadium

I think you will find that the bulk, if not all of, the money will be spent at Brookvale Oval.

The Penns should not be seeing a cent of the money sponsoring a Council-owned facility.

Council will get the majority with the percentage % amount to the Club used to offset the cost of the lease.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6