Brookvale Oval is a now SMOKE FREE venue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
Got this in a Sea Eagles email today:

"BROOKVALE OVAL IS NOW SMOKE FREE

Brookvale Oval is a now SMOKE FREE venue please respect all patrons by not smoking. There will be designated smoking areas OUTSIDE the venue.

Patrons will need their ticket and willl be issued a pass out for exit and re-entry. No alcohol can be taken outside. Bins are provided in all designated areas to extinguish cigarettes.

Designated Smoking Areas:
North West (Federal Parade) &
South East (Pine Street)

We thank you for your co operation."

And it's also mentioned on the venue info page here:

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=venue-info

I don't know how long this has been in effect, but it is about time.
All big sporting venues should be smoke-free, and security needs to actively remind anyone who lights up of the rules.

It's a freakin' FILTHY aspect of going to Brookie or anywhere smokers light up for that matter, and this is a great change.

Going to games at Manly's fantastic rustic home ground, as well as Sea Eagles Club Membership is a whole lot more appealing now.

The 'alcohol free hill' has been smoke free for years now and yet every game I see people smoking there and nothing been done about it, I bet it will be the same and people will just ignore the ban.

Rusty link said:
The 'alcohol free hill' has been smoke free for years now and yet every game I see people smoking there and nothing been done about it, I bet it will be the same and people will just ignore the ban.
Yeah, but now you're within your rights to stub it out, or call security in.

Personally being a smoker myself,i have to disagree,everyone has a right to make their own decision to smoke or not to smoke and should be respected as much as the smoker themselves should respect the non smoker,whenever i light up at brookie i walk away from people and kids especially,sometimes losing my seat just to make sure i dont annoy anyone with my "Filthy Habit",i know its not good for you but thats my decision i guess anyway ssar if youre on facebook you may want to look up the group  "I'm trying to smoke here would you mind coughing somewhere else" :p.

Just wanted to add that i think the ideas of passouts would potentially create problems anyway.
To quote "Patrons will need their ticket and willl be issued a pass out for exit and re-entry. No alcohol can be taken outside. Bins are provided in all designated areas to extinguish cigarettes."
For one,Policing the no alcohol to be taken outside rule will create a problem to some extent in my view etc etc....
After giving it some more thought i guess it will be a good idea to have a no smoking rule,even as a smoker it gets on my nerves when i see other smokers light up right next to people and children with seemingly no regard of them whatsoever,it gets on my nerves especially when i personally try my hardest to keep my smoking away from others at all times,anyway that's my rant.

Attitudes to smoking are changing over time, I spent many years as a dedicated smoker, ahh, the delights were untold. Well, maybe they were untold because there weren't many, but at times the first few puffs were tremendously satisfying. Having become a non-smoker nowadays I am amazed at how the smoke is detectable in the air, on clothing, breath etc. In days of yore I would have scoffed at the suggestion smoking outdoors could harm a 3rd party, not so adamant now. As you say, particularly with kids in the vicinity, not to mention asthma sufferes etc. Anyhow Chrisos, more power to you as a smoker, enjoy every puff, and if one day you stop I'm sure you'll enjoy that even more!

Nothing worse than sitting on the hill and having the person in front of you light one up. About time this was done.

Pussies. Everything kills you. Don't let me start on food additives. Stand on Pittwater Rd for 10 minutes and it will be worse than ciggies for the whole season. :p

Ok I'll back on my high horse and suggest that anyone that smokes in now and over the the previous 10 or 15 years are total dumb ****z.

I could suggest that most people would know of a person that is seriously sick from those f-ing things but some still feel they need these things to fullfill there lives. Dumb ****z

It's nothing to do with being 'dumb', the noxious mixture is one of the most addictive ever known in the history of civilisation.

Why,Why!?!? Why y'all hatin on the smokers? hehehe....BTW Matai is a smoker so was Cliffy Lyons,thought id throw that in...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6