Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We really shouldn't complain.

You haven't lived until you step over what is seemingly the open trough running past the doorway, to get into the male urinals under the scoreboard at Leichardt Oval.

We are living in the future at Brookie, by comparison.

We really shouldn't complain.

You haven't lived until you step over what is seemingly the open trough running past the doorway, to get into the male urinals under the scoreboard at Leichardt Oval.

We are living in the future at Brookie, by comparison.
Try Henson park’s brick hill structure. The trough isn’t even connected to the sewer. I suggest people don’t sit down the hill from this toilet block.

As long as the hill is untouched, I'll be happy, to many good memories over many years. I believe their going to put a stand at the back of the hill also, is this true ?

82E12C74-519C-426C-803A-072ABD709E90.jpeg
E67A8683-C3C3-4F5A-9A19-20D813E58E4A.jpeg
Some photos from February. Things have changed a bit.

Last edited:
New South Wales state premier Dominic Perrottet has confirmed he will push support for suburban grounds over big stadiums.
It has been something of a controversial issue in NRL circles, with the government previously committing to redevelopments of both the Sydney Football Stadium and Stadium Australia.While the Sydney Football Stadium - home of the Sydney Roosters in the NRL and multiple other clubs in various sporting competitions - is currently being rebuilt from the ground up, the planned mega renovations of Stadium Australia at Homebush has been seemingly pulled from the table.
The planned rebuild of the former Olympic Stadium, which is only a little over 20 years old, drew debate and criticism from all corners of the state and nation.
Instead, the government and NRL are now set to work on a stadium policy which will favour suburban grounds and other versions of the most recently completed Western Sydney Stadium, now known as CommBank Stadium and home of the Parramatta Eels.

NRL Rd 3 - Roosters v Rabbitohs
It had been previously understood that the historic Jubilee Oval at Kogarah was among the grounds at the top of the redevelopment list, however, that focus now seems to have shifted to Brookvale, Penrith and a new ground at Liverpool, according to a The Daily Telegraph report.

The CoE is hardly a minor upgrade.
When it is finished its going to make the rest of the ground look dated.
Kind of like when a person gets a nose job which looks great but highlights the wrinkles, bloodshot eyes and sagging skin on the rest of their boat race..

I wonder if the ground gets updated if it will become a somewhat private ground not like now

For those not local you could (well up until the recent upgrades at least) go run on the field pretty much when ever you wanted

I wonder if the ground gets updated if it will become a somewhat private ground not like now

For those not local you could (well up until the recent upgrades at least) go run on the field pretty much when ever you wanted
hate to say it but it should be off-limits to the public from Feb to Oct. we are in 2021. Manly as a top sporting team should not have to play on a ground that during the week allows dogs to **** on it. the playing surface should be treated with respect more akin to an English premier league ground where NO ONE other than the first team and ground staff can set foot on it.

hate to say it but it should be off-limits to the public from Feb to Oct. we are in 2021. Manly as a top sporting team should not have to play on a ground that during the week allows dogs to **** on it. the playing surface should be treated with respect more akin to an English premier league ground where NO ONE other than the first team and ground staff can set foot on it.
Agree but taking my young bloke down there to kick a footy is pretty special

Agree, Terry. And it took years of constant pressure, scratching and clawing at every opportunity to even get that off the ground. Very grateful to everyone involved.

Still looking forward to more though!
Me too. But when you look at the current state government’s record re: the old suburban grounds, Brookvale has been the only one that has seen a significant upgrade - largely at state govt expense - of any of them.

Kogarah I think had some carry over points from the previous outfit, which was spent on their northern terracing; Endeavour is undergoing an upgrade, but essentially at their own expense. The others look much the same now as when O’Farrell and co. took over in 2011. A lot of money is going into CoEs around the city, but Brookvale is the only one that fuses that with a grandstand.

The new Moore Park stadium and Parramatta are special cases.

When it is finished its going to make the rest of the ground look dated.
Kind of like when a person gets a nose job which looks great but highlights the wrinkles, bloodshot eyes and sagging skin on the rest of their boat race..
It will. But it will lift the ground into ‘stadium territory’. Hopefully we see some more money coming our way. Our wealthy council can help out some more too.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6