Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's lots to it. The NRL grant pays for employee (expenses) I.e. players. That's paid monthly.

Corporate Sponsorship dollars is quite a lot, and very important.

You have merchandise, gate takings (very important), grants etc too.

It's a balance.

For Penn to claim he's given 20 odd mill is great. But when the league's club sold for 22,500,000 alone, it's a bit rich of a claim.

Not only do I believe he's well in front. But his brand is much much more known had he not affiliated.

Delmege didn't have these benefits either. He bought, sold, and rented properties to pour his dollars in.

For that reason, Penn should have no claim. Name it after the lady who donated Mona Vale hospital to the area.

Fair enough i do agree with you in many respects but I doubt we know much of all the money spent that is required to have a successful footy team.(especially between 2005-2010)

The CoE is almost entirely funded by taxpayers money. Not sure if the state govt would be entirely happy with this piece of self-aggrandisement.

Anyone with a moral and/or ethical compass would appreciate that this is wrong and unAustralian. If it’s such a financial bind to back the operation, then sell it to someone with deeper pockets.

It’s like politician Pat Hills (simply because he was on the SCG Trust and a state govt minister) having a stand named after him at the SCG in 1984. That was corrected four years later and it’s now the Bill O’Reilly Stand. As someone else mentioned, if Scott wants to invoke Delmege’s name as a club saviour, then why not name it the Delmege-Penn CoE? We all know the answer!

The CoE should be named after a seminal figure in the club’s development on and off the field - as players and coaches.

Ken Arthurson is already covered, so the likes of Wally O’Connell, Ron Willey, Frank Stanton or Bob Fulton are the obvious candidates for the CoE naming.

The ‘Fulton Stand’ sounds like a sop for Silent P and his son CTF (Custard Tart Face) to hide behind.
In some respects I agree with you but it really boils down to "if these financial contributors didn't exist would there even be a club now for a COE to be built for"

Along with the continued efforts by the owners through the media and on the political side of things to bring awareness to the cause and playing the political game over so many years to make this happen required time, money and effort.

I appreciate what the penn family have done, same as what Max did. If in the end it is named after penn then so be it, but for penn to expect it smacks of arrogance

Sure. However if you were in their shoes, would you have that sort of gall to insist the facility should be named in your honour?
Better to be up front and honest than front the public and say things like "i will let others decide" when really he has worked behind the scenes to have his family name up as the only choice.

I do think he is being genuine that it is out of respect to his family and not just all about him, but yeah from my perspective I couldn't do what he is doing---I would feel like a complete tosser.

You gain more respect being honest and upfront than being two faced though.

Penn wanting the facility named after him smacks of the guy's ego. He says he saved the club. That is crap. He has been offered multiple time to sell but has rejected all offers. And now he moans about his investment..
Penn didn't save save the club. I believe he made a fortune of the Leagues Club deal.
The reality is that Max Delmege saved the club. When the club was going under.
Let's call it the MAX DELMEGE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.
Fat chance with little Scotty's ego.

I appreciate what the penn family have done, same as what Max did. If in the end it is named after penn then so be it
Sorry, but I take offence to this. Penn has done nothing like what Max did. Max spent money from his own pocket because of love from his heart. Penn has not spent more than he has gotten from the LC and parking lot sale.. Penn is a businessman and Max is a passionate MWSE hero. The two cannot be compared.

Sorry, but I take offence to this. Penn has done nothing like what Max did. Max spent money from his own pocket because of love from his heart. Penn has not spent more than he has gotten from the LC and parking lot sale.. Penn is a businessman and Max is a passionate MWSE hero. The two cannot be compared.
I meant no disrespect, maybe I didn’t word that correctly, Max is an absolute legend and I will forever be grateful for what he has done for the club. I am also sure Max would never ask or expect the CoE to be named after him.

Why not call it the Manly supporters COE
I like it.

Or The Peoples Excellent Centre of Excellence.

(I guess the obvious name is "Elle" (being the centre of excELLEnce)
mr. d comedy GIF by CBC

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8