Brookie upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The original Penrith stadium might be 40yrs old but they have had more spent on it since than Brookie ever has

That win a premiership and get a new stadium promised, on that premise we should have had a sparkling new stadium over a decade ago
Don't forget the $24M sports grant the Panthers got in 2020 to fund "grassroots sports" that was used to build a new function centre and car park.

Last edited:
The original Penrith stadium might be 40yrs old but they have had more spent on it since than Brookie ever has

That win a premiership and get a new stadium promised, on that premise we should have had a sparkling new stadium over a decade ago
All we have are announcements, not concrete (pardon the pun) progress!:)

Also I would argue that the two grounds have had comparable amounts spent on them since 1981 (Penrith’s rectangularisation dates back to the 1977/78 off season).

Since 1981 Penrith has had one large but basic stand (constructed largely on top of the pre-existing hill) built on its eastern side (1988) and an extension to the western stand, including significant new corporate facilities.

Brookvale has added a completely new stand (of complex construction compared to the others) in 1994/95, an extension to the oldest stand in 2011/12 (with similar corporate facilities to Penrith’s stand extension, around the same time) and a new CoE and associated stand nearing completion.

I haven’t included lights, scoreboards, playing surface, enhancements to existing structures etc, but the outlays between the two grounds would be similar. Brookvale might even come out ahead, by some margin.

Winning back Warringah from Zali is not Dom and the state's problem, with our state seat being firmly Liberal we are of little concern to him. On the other hand, we may still be in the game federally, keep on the lookout for some potential announcements from Scotty and co. once they've landed on a candidate and campaigning ramps up...

Winning back Warringah from Zali is not Dom and the state's problem, with our state seat being firmly Liberal we are of little concern to him. On the other hand, we may still be in the game federally, keep on the lookout for some potential announcements from Scotty and co. once they've landed on a candidate and campaigning ramps up...
Only useful if they win again

All we have are announcements, not concrete (pardon the pun) progress!:)

Also I would argue that the two grounds have had comparable amounts spent on them since 1981 (Penrith’s rectangularisation dates back to the 1977/78 off season).

Since 1981 Penrith has had one large but basic stand (constructed largely on top of the pre-existing hill) built on its eastern side (1988) and an extension to the western stand, including significant new corporate facilities.

Brookvale has added a completely new stand (of complex construction compared to the others) in 1994/95, an extension to the oldest stand in 2011/12 (with similar corporate facilities to Penrith’s stand extension, around the same time) and a new CoE and associated stand nearing completion.

I haven’t included lights, scoreboards, playing surface, enhancements to existing structures etc, but the outlays between the two grounds would be similar. Brookvale might even come out ahead, by some margin.
why do you always have to wreak a good whinge thread with cold hard facts? we don't want facts! we want conjecture and rumour... That's what keeps us angry and strong!!!!

The only reason Penrith is getting a newly built stadium is to secure more votes for the state government. You have to remember the wests population is big compared to the northern beaches.

why do you always have to wreak a good whinge thread with cold hard facts? we don't want facts! we want conjecture and rumour... That's what keeps us angry and strong!!!!
Because some of you people can’t handle the truth!

3469E1DA-3801-4D24-A818-039A997C8890.jpeg

Right, Private joker?
BBB6DA4B-B71E-4FCA-AB6E-5D395668E9EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Just as the pollies always want it: us vs them. Fund them both for the good of the game ffs.

I reckon they would lose votes in Brookvale if they rebuilt the stadium, people in that area aren't traditionally Rugby League tragic's and don't like development or change.Its clear that with Barilaro and Gladys gone, the state gov have no interest in helping the Sea Eagles anymore.

Not sure about impact on local residents of Brookvale - the whole are has really changed over the past couple of years (and well worth a pub crawl)

A new stadium would do a heap for the new local small bars etc
Agreed, it's not like we would build a 10 storey building with apartments full of defects.

Well I hope we wouldn't build a 10 storey building ........

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
thought that the main upgrade project purpose at Brookie was for a multi purpose use facility . Primarily for R L but surely merit based on the other criteria and community purpose considerations and compared with some other proposed ground upgrades in the Sydney or greater Sydney region .

Penrith = marginal seat

Exactly.

Add in the fact that Perrottet's right hand man Stuart Ayres is the member for Penrith and a raging Panthers supporter, the chances of Brooky getting anything before Penrith was very slim.

It pays to live in marginal seats. I live in a staunch Labor electorate, so have basically been abandoned by the State Government as they see no return on investing in our area.

Not sure about impact on local residents of Brookvale - the whole are has really changed over the past couple of years (and well worth a pub crawl)

A new stadium would do a heap for the new local small bars etc
I think Council have somewhat belatedly come to the same conclusion, noting that they are heavily involved in the latest master plan - one that is much more ambitious than any that Council has previously backed.

Plus they have a broader long term plan for the suburb and an upgraded stadium would fit in nicely.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Exactly.

Add in the fact that Perrottet's right hand man Stuart Ayres is the member for Penrith and a raging Panthers supporter, the chances of Brooky getting anything before Penrith was very slim.

It pays to live in marginal seats. I live in a staunch Labor electorate, so have basically been abandoned by the State Government as they see no return on investing in our area.
Ayres acts like a panthers fan but he is just there for the votes. I doubt he even follows sport. Strange bloke, something doesn’t add up. His missus is far smarter, I wonder if it is a marriage of convenience.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4