Brookie Surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the guy who looks after the grounds is the same guy who looks after player retention.
Nah, couldn't be, the guy who is looking after the ground is doing a much better job than the clowns looking after player retention. I actually believe that the guy looking after the grounds can fix that mess. Can't say the same for retention

Apparently the nrl told the club last night no more games at brooky until we fix the ground, again.....
Must've taken Greenturd all of 5 mins to make that decision . **** greasy **** must be rubbing his hands together. Another nail in Manly's coffin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I'm sure the 10 million doesn't go to manly. It goes to the council. Would be happy to be proved wrong.
You're correct. it would go to the Council. They do have a plan presented to them by Tzannes architects several years ago, some of which has already been acted upon. If you google Alex Tzannes, you should be able to find it.

Like the northern extension of the Jane Try and 'back of stand' improvements to the original structure. If the federal government, Mike Baird, as an interested party; and the Club (I'm talking the Penns and the traditional club here) held Council to that plan and no more diversions down rabbit holes, like more pointless surveys on the ground's future, we could have a significantly improved ground. Not a suburban super stadium to be sure, but certainly a ground we could be proud of.

I'm talking about further improvements behind and under the Jane Try, the proposed new concourse seating in front of the JT and the Arko (an additional 1200-odd seats); improved amenities around the open side of the ground and if there is money left over, further upgrades to the Fulton-Menzies, and (ffs) isn't it about time that all perimeter seating was of the plastic flip-up seat variety? The fact that it isn't is a potential indictment on both the Club and its priorities over several decades, as well as inaction by Council.

It's no coincidence that all of a sudden Brookie looks like a kindy playground. Ask yourselves how much do the owners of Gosford stadium need a pro sport tennant ? The NRL (Green****) masterplan is all coming together.
Step 1. De-stabilize the management of this too successful Manly team.
Step 2. Dismantle this ever successful Manly team i.e Desgate, Gift etc
Step 3. Sit back and watch the supporters meltdown and crowds and sponsors walk when they lose their marquee halves to outrageous contracts (actually 1 signed by the NRL).
Step 4. Suddenly overnight Brookie goes from a passable playing surface to a kindy playground.
Step 5. Overnight the famously procrastinating NRL management make an instant decision to ban us from Brookie till it's "Fixed!!!!" (which will be NEVER).
Step 6. Waiting for the inevitable financial excuses as to why the club can't go back to brookie.....poor crowds, revenue from corporates etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

The nrl has said that if the playing surface isnt up to standards for the next game at brookie in early may then our games will be moved to another venue for the remainder of the season potentially losing us millions in revenue. They slander us for months on end, they take our players from us and allow our long time players to leave without compensation, they blame the club and not the council for the state of the grounds and they will not provide any financial support to help fix the issue and now they are trying to take our stadium from us. Who the **** has it in for our club and why will they not just **** off?

The club, not just the Penn family, have been pretty obtuse about this whole playing surface issue for years. The amount the club contributes to Council has been fixed around the same money for years and clearly is now inadequate. A smart operator, and not necessarily the likes of some our past and present administrators, might have tried to stump up some more money, say 150-250k per season, to ensure that the ground once again had a dedicated staff to look after it, not people who are shared between several venues.

From that might come a more amenable position from Council, re: installation of an all-weather playing surface and other improvements, that should be within the means of a local government area with a population well in excess of 100,000 people to fix.

And if Penn wants the club to stay put, why has he (to the best of my knowledge) never financially contributed directly to any ground improvements? I note a private family recently paid for improvements to the dugout area. Where are there any examples of a wealthy Penn family (or Quantum, or Delmege) improvement anywhere else at Brookvale Oval?

image.jpg

This on Facebook this morning

It's inevitable that as of next season, we can't continue to play 10 games at Brookie a season.

8 Games at Brookie, minimum 2 weeks apart
2 games at SFS
2 games at Gosford.

Until the surface and ground is modified, we are losing too much money!

Season Ticket Holders will need transport, or a full refund from Manly for f**ing up our 2015 @:cool:

The surface was great till the Council leased it for someJunior games - 18 games

Simply our hand may be forced but we need to think out of square.
Afl clubs do not play games in there regions all the time to make money and get a bigger foot print i agree.
* 6 to 7 games at brookie stil our spirital home but cannot make money there for 12 home games.
* 3 game deal in new zealand - we have a good following in nz, there is a market. Waikato or wellington councils are paying big dollars for these chances.
3 games deal at anz or sfs - play marquee games matches v south,roosters and dogs. With there fans we should get a gate of 20 thousand.
I do not like it but is only way forward for club.

Afl clubs do not play games in there regions all the time to make money and get a bigger foot print i agree.
* 6 to 7 games at brookie stil our spirital home but cannot make money there for 12 home games.
* 3 game deal in new zealand - we have a good following in nz, there is a market. Waikato or wellington councils are paying big dollars for these chances.
3 games deal at anz or sfs - play marquee games matches v south,roosters and dogs. With there fans we should get a gate of 20 thousand.

Members of teams that play at ANZ get in free when their team is the away side at ANZ! Would be good if we could do this with Easts and Merge for Allianz.

So your idea is that the club will survive with just the **** games at Brookie? Yeah that's a good one ... obviously put a lot of thought into that one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7