Brookie Surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Disgraceful!

Apparently we're forking out $350K + a year to Warringah Council and they can't even get the surface right! How can it get that bad in the space of a week?

How a player didn't snap their leg last night is beyond me!

Apparently the nrl told the club last night no more games at brooky until we fix the ground, again.....

The guy who looks after the grounds has moved to parramatta, the opportunity to lay the grass for the great Dalai Arthur was too great to turn down

I thought Kelly & the Penn(i)s might of cut the groundskeeping funds in half .

Apparently Kelly has assumed executive control of the ground keeping in much the same way he has of player retention. Apparently he withdrew the contract offer to the groundskeeper. Seemed like a smart move at the time.

Disgraceful!

Apparently we're forking out $350K + a year to Warringah Council and they can't even get the surface right! How can it get that bad in the space of a week?

How a player didn't snap their leg last night is beyond me!
Warringah council would like to bulldoze it and put 5000 units there. Money hungry c...s.

In reality, the groundsmen looks after several grounds. They no longer have a dedicated Brookvale Oval one.

Lift the annual maintenance contribution and that might change.

On a positive note, there is now an asphalt path from the northern entrance/scoreboard area, to the N-E toilets. A red letter day, as it's only 36 years since that toilet block was built.

I found it funny that the manly Instagram posted a pic of the ground pre game and described it as "picture perfect". Whoever did that needs to be sacked from Instagram duties!

We dont get funded upgrades like every other nrl team has, broncos got how many millions to upgrade theirs, its bull****
There is $10 mil sitting in the coffers, promised by the Commonwealth. That money could fund some very significant work. However Scott and Joe would rather 'plan' for a Stanford Bridge-style upgrade on the never-never...which is never-never going to happen.

There is $10 mil sitting in the coffers, promised by the Commonwealth. That money could fund some very significant work. However Scott and Joe would rather 'plan' for a Stanford Bridge-style upgrade on the never-never...which is never-never going to happen.
I think people on here are misplacing their anger as well. It all falls on warringah council. They own it and are supposed to maintain it as well. If they sold it to manly I think we'd have a much better facility but right now any money that gets put in is really just upgrading a facility that someone else owns. The other place the anger should go is the government for not putting **** towards it.

Where's dave smiths fighting fund. Give us some money you ****ing idiot

Am sure I saw a picture here last week showing some returfing going on. That wwould definitely explain the state of the ground.

Brookie oval's new groundsman.
GACCADDYSHACK01.jpg

Attachments

• murray_800_gopher_caddyshack.jpg
    murray_800_gopher_caddyshack.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
The problem is that Manly gets bashed from pillar to post in the media and by the NRL for the state of Brookvale Oval, but the club are only tenants of the ground. Its owned and maintained by the Warringah Shire Council.

I too think it would be better for the club in the long run if we actually owned the site. As lurker said, any money that gets put into Brookie is upgrading a facility that someone else owns.

Its been said before and it'll be said again (and by more influential people than myself). Why does Manly have to continually fight to get the money to bring the ground up to standard when other NSW based clubs seem to get money thrown at them by governments to upgrade theirs? Kogarah, Shark Park, Penrith, Parramatta, Wollongong, Newcastle, they've all received millions from governments (state and federal) to make them into what they are today with the prospect of even more money being poured in or even new venues built (especially in western Sydney). Yet other than the Arko Stand which opened in 1995 and the recent extension to the Jane Try Stand, Brookvale looks almost the same as it has done for the past 40 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4