Brookie Hill to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
The club is embarking on a $20M upgrade of Brookie that includes the gigantic green area affectionately known as "The Hill" becoming a casualty.

Peter Peters says the proposed upgrade is "to give the people of the peninsula a ground they can be proud of. The fact is that the oval is looking pretty tired and old and as much as we'd like to retain the whole of the hill, we need to have a ground that does the team proud and is capable of hosting other sports such as soccer and union."

PP said that funds for the redevelopment would be sought through government grants and other sources, and that the 'family hill' at the scoreboard end of the ground would be retained.
(Source: Sally Williams, Peninsula Living March 2007.)

I just get the feeling that it is going to be like Parramatta stadium. All concrete and plastic chairs. Mind you, I figure I will have probably passed on to that great maroon & white cloud long before the government springs that sort of coin the way of anyone on the northern beaches.

Whilst Brookie has its own character, realistically the club needs sponsors to put security into the clubs future. To get sponsors you need facilities. Parramatta give their sponsors great facilities and work it to their advantage to the hilt and accordingly they get good money from a lot of sponsors. Brookie does need to be upgraded. Sorry if that affends but its is a commercial reality.

I agree...Brooky has been a great ground over the years,but it has to move with the times or we could up like Souths,having to play out at Homebush because our ground isnt up to standard.

Idealy a southeastern corner stand and an eastern grandstand would be awesome and could really boost capcity.

Jane try is an outdated dog so much wasted space under it.

Knock down the Jane try stand & replace it with bigger/better model then put a 'basic stand' with mass seating on the eastern hill.

I don't know where all the money will come from though

I don't see why the hill has to go.
There is so much wasted space behind and above it that could be used for corporate facilities.
Brooky is the best general viewing ground in the comp, Parramatta is terrible. I can't support this one bit.
A lack of originality & sense of history will screw yet another public icon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4