Bronco's logjam, a recruitment opportunity?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
With Walsh signing with the Broncos there is now a logjam in the backs and halves and wondering if there is a opportunity here for Manly to pick up a player or two.

Conceivably you could see one or two of Niu, Te Maire, Fairnworth, Oates, Mariner, Gamble Kelly being move on as the build around Walsh, Staggs, Cobbo, Ezra and Reynolds.

Personally I see 3 players as options

1.Deine Mariner - gun young centre coming through, grab him now and cheaper with a view of him being Koulas eventual long term partner

2.Tesi Nui - I think there is a player there, could pick him up as a centre and back up full back option

3.Te Maire Martin - with Foran and Walker going we will need some halves depth with NRL experience. Te Maire would be great cover for 5/8 and fullback.

Now not advocating that we sign all 3 just see these three as interesting and affordable options.

Last edited:
If we couldn't fit a 50 year old Foran in, I doubt we get any of these.
We made an offer to Foran, we just didnt got to the level of the Titans, both in money and years.

Plus none of the above would bust the bank.

I didn't mention Farnworth etc for that exact reason

With Walsh signing with the Broncos there is now a logjam in the backs and halves and wondering if there is a opportunity here for Manly to pick up a player or two.

Conceivably you could see one or two of Niu, Te Maire, Fairnworth, Oates, Mariner, Gamble Kelly being move on as the build around Walsh, Staggs, Cobbo, Ezra and Reynolds.

Personally I see 3 players as options

1.Deine Mariner - gun young centre coming through, grab him now and cheaper with a view of him being Koulas eventual long term partner

2.Tesi Nui - I think there is a player there, could pick him up as a centre and back up full back option

3.Te Maire Martin - with Foran and Walker going we will need some halves depth with NRL experience. Te Maire would be great cover for 5/8 and fullback.

Now not advocating that we sign all 3 just see these three as interesting and affordable options.
TMM is going to the Warriors as part of the Walsh deal.

We made an offer to Foran, we just didnt got to the level of the Titans, both in money and years.

Plus none of the above would bust the bank.

I didn't mention Farnworth etc for that exact reason

The low offer to Foran is kinda the point.

We are at bursting point, cap wise.

I was more impressed with their backup young forwards. Probably a good reason they let Bullemor go.

I would also imagine the Dolphins are all over this.

Manly? Lets see: Bronco young forward rings Bullemor - "Hey Bully, how is it going down at Manly". Bullemor - "F*&%ed". Bronco young forward - "Ok thanks".

All of them are surplus to requirements. We have our own logjam in the backs. The only area that we need a contingency plan for, is the halves...maybe at a stretch you could make a case for Martin but I’d say his stocks have risen to the point that a club like the Tigers or Warriors will be able to offer him more.

All the players you’ve mentioned are worth looking at, if you need those spaces filled from outside the organisation, but we don’t.

I would be all over Tesi Nui.
Back FB.
Gun centre or wing.
But only once we have secured a young aggressive,hard hitting ,hard running pair of bookends who are chomping at the bit for game time.

I was more impressed with their backup young forwards. Probably a good reason they let Bullemor go.

I would also imagine the Dolphins are all over this.

Manly? Lets see: Bronco young forward rings Bullemor - "Hey Bully, how is it going down at Manly". Bullemor - "F*&%ed". Bronco young forward - "Ok thanks".
We were mentioned in reference to Keenan Palasia in an article a few weeks back

What a change of scenery from Brisbane to Blacktown. And to make it even worse getting flogged whilst playing for Blacktown.
Doesn’t bully have a rugby background as well ? I would imagine there are some thoughts going through his head right now on what his next step is.

As others have alluded to, our recruitment is stuffed due to cap issues.

INS
Kelma Tuilagi

OUTS
Kieran Foran
Marty Taupau
Andrew Davey
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Morgan Boyle

will be our recruitment totals. Expect to see more Jersey Flegg / reserve grade names like Sykes, Fulton, Fifita, Roumanos, KDL etc who have found their way into our current top 30 be inserted into the squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4