Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cmon guys this has real merit, look how it has upset the storms season having to swap between 2 main fullbacks that have both seen some decent time on the sidelines. They are struggling to get cohesion and score points in their backline

[quote author=Fro]
doesnt matter where Benji defends, but if the position he defends is relevant then Stewart would be MORE likely to get injured on the wing.

Ireally do think you are making a mountain out of a molehill mate, and as for being disapointed, my comment wasnt abusive and didnt take anything away from your \"healthy debate\"

if you want my honest opinion the idea is absolutely ridiculous. if you polled 100 people if they would play stewart on the wing or FB, i'd be very surprised if it wasnt unanimous.

In that case - your point is noted and appreciated. Adam Macdouggall was supposed to play fullback for The Rabbits, yet his injury toll meant they shifted him to the wing, even when his "preferred" position from his words were fullback.

I know Souths are a tough example, but it is another case where this has happenned.

[/quote]

He played 4 out of 30 odd games on the wing for Souths, hardly a shift.

Ridiculous suggestion and getting the response it deserves.

Do you think the roosters will switch Minichello (arguably the worlds best fullback) to wing because he was out injured Ryan.

I reiterate - combinations / consistency was the subject of this discussion. My point is having a player who misses games in a prime position is unsettling. How much better would we have been with the combination between Stewart / Orford if Stewart played the other 1/4 of the season?
Are people here suggesting Stewart / Lyon wouldn't be a ruthless template for success?
Yes - I think the fact that Minichello has been missing for most of the season has been very disruptive to their season Doug.
Silent Bob - Wing / Centre - either way, he was told not to play fullback because of the amount of injuries he was sustaining.
Additionally - you are all saying Stewart is better than Hicks @ fullback. Has Hicks had a sustained time there to justify your reactions. Canteen - he should have been.

Thats not what I asked Ryan.

A long term injury is disruptive to all teams. Lets switch every key player from every team that has ever missed 4-5 games in a season!!!

Johns to Wing
Lockyer to Lock
Minichello to Wing
Benji to Fullback
Kennedy to Centre

The list goes on.

As I said, ridiculous

As ridiculous as you say it is Doug - Lockyer went from fullback to 5/8. Minichello went from wing to fullback. Benji is 5/8, but defends on wing. Positional changes happen all the time. I just believe for the sustainability of Brett, he needs to be in a less demanding position - and also think he could create a Geyer / Inglis type combo with Lyon.

That said - this obviously isn't what the masses would like to see. There was an overwhelming nay for the pro case. I'll accept that I can't win this one.

PS: II

That's two fingers....to the lot of ya!!! LoL.

Yeah but Ryan that was to strengthen the positions they moved those players above to. Moving Stewart to the wing is no advantage to the team.

Doesn't change MY mind on the situation though. As much as I'd hate as hell to see it, when Brett takes weeks off in the near future, I'll be very interested to see what happens.

I think it's like a few have said though. Depth would be much better than Robbo / Hicks to fullback.

And you thought I was being Nasty early on Ryan ??

I was positively complementary

LoL - I love it !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love trying to fight the cause for good against all the baddies.

I am going to keep a copy of this thread as it is SURE to get a Matabele award for dumbest idea at the end of the year.

tsk tsk Mata. Character & Adversity doesn't mean a player is better for the team mate if he's spending time on the sidelines. If BK turned up, and played 10 games for us, would it have been better/worse if Simpson came and played all 26?

No Doug, we attain more depth, or we adjust the players role to another position to sustain their long term viability.

I have never, ever said to sack anyone - they are your words - not mine mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2