Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should snake be allowed to have 2 more games at brookvale

• Yes

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I don't really care season is over

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This insurance seems like 100% scam to me.

Someone with more intelligence than me please explain it to me.

I'm assuming he was insured against potential injuries as a result of engaging in a body contact sport. Where do they think he got the bung knees from ? Ballroom dancing ? Origami ? Maybe it was playing Monopoly.

My favourite is one is the whole debate over "pre-existing". It wasn't pre-existing. I have clear memories of him in his first season having blinding pace and side stepping of both feet and accelerating. He has to get his money. The man has a legally binding contract. But for once, I feel for the club. I'm sure they paid premiums. So what exactly are they covered for ? Meteor strikes ? Tsunamis engulfing the field and taking out the whole roster in one go ?

Just accept the fact that as insurer, sometimes you have to pay. Do it. Shutup. And move on. There are plenty of players who never make a single claim. Take it out of those premiums.

I still think that DCE will show up a lot better with Green as his halves partner. Although still not his best form he did play a lot better when he had Killer alongside of him this year and I think that will happen next year as well. Green is an established 5/8 with the skills and game sense to match, as opposed to Walker who is a centre.

Just look at Thurston's career. Until Morgan, Coote and Granville joined him in the Cowboys spine (plus they finally got a good pack) his best games were actually for Qld and Australia with Lockyer or Cronk alongside him, Smith running things and Slater providing the brilliance from the back. He couldn't do it all on his own though no matter how well he played and the reality is that DCE can't either.

I'm not saying DCE will get back to his 2011 premiership winning form, but with Green, Parcell and Tom with him in the spine I think he will start (as some people have put it) earning his $10 million contract. Getting his ankle surgically fixed in the off-season will also help.

As for Snake.....I really think we have seen the last of him in a Manly jumper. In a way its sad that its going to end like this because he deserves better than that. But with Tom coming along we should be ok there. I don't think that Snake resents Tom taking his spot (though he is probably envious in a way) and from all reports has helped him a lot with regards to things like positional play, I just think he wants the club to honour his contract.

Just watching Hayson's media conference and one comment could be a big clue that Snake won't be here next year (or nothing at all!).

He said he no longer follows Manly and they'll be a wooden spoon team/bottom 4 next year.

Do you think he would say that given his relationship with Brett Stewart if he was still to be playing?

Rumour, innuendo, implication . . . ., joining dots . . . . . between unconnected things, events, people. All based on guesses, What Ifs, daydreams.
This is the internet after all.

Perhaps that is all it is mate, I just don't see him making those comments about a team his mate will he lining up for.

Just watching Hayson's media conference and one comment could be a big clue that Snake won't be here next year (or nothing at all!).

He said he no longer follows Manly and they'll be a wooden spoon team/bottom 4 next year.

Do you think he would say that given his relationship with Brett Stewart if he was still to be playing?
Since when did eddy become an expert on rugby league? He's a brothel owner, he's not Gus Gould ffs

He's also a punter who does not like to bet on something where he does not know the outcome in advance.
lol considering the bets that were discussed coming out of Foran's account, I'd say that's not always true...

We would have been at the lower level of the 8 but for the injuries. Barring injuries I think we'll be in the lower end of the 8 next year. And if we get Green (and he doesnt get injured) look out for an improved DCE. My understanding is, like TT, he has been playing much of the season on one leg.

Barring another injury plagued year, with the team that we have confirmed for next year we are a top 8 team easily. We probably would have been this year had it not been for injuries. If we sign a couple more good middle forwards then we could push for top 4.

Whats the difference between us and the top 4 sides? They have 2 good halves and a mean engine room. We have 1 good half and a V8 firing on 6 cylinders.

When you look at our best possible side for next year (including main rumoured signings) we are easily top 5 I believe with our gun forwards firing and our best available backs firing minus Uate who is likey to be a shocker yet bozo said that we will be very impressed with a signing we have made so look out, if it is indeed impressive then we will finish top 4 should we have an injury free year. But then again the last decent year injury wise was 2014, but even that season ended in injury galore, surely the football gods won't obliterate our stocks next season, surely not!

The only thing us manly fans have to worry about is injuries and we will be at the pointy end of the ladder no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
This insurance seems like 100% scam to me.

Someone with more intelligence than me please explain it to me.

I'm assuming he was insured against potential injuries as a result of engaging in a body contact sport. Where do they think he got the bung knees from ? Ballroom dancing ? Origami ? Maybe it was playing Monopoly.

My favourite is one is the whole debate over "pre-existing". It wasn't pre-existing. I have clear memories of him in his first season having blinding pace and side stepping of both feet and accelerating. He has to get his money. The man has a legally binding contract. But for once, I feel for the club. I'm sure they paid premiums. So what exactly are they covered for ? Meteor strikes ? Tsunamis engulfing the field and taking out the whole roster in one go ?

Just accept the fact that as insurer, sometimes you have to pay. Do it. Shutup. And move on. There are plenty of players who never make a single claim. Take it out of those premiums.
My guess is that once the insurance policy is renewed, or maybe changed to a different provider then the injury is classified as pre-existing.

If a new company provided insurance for Brett this year i doubt they would include his current knee condition or at a very substantial cost with conditions.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6