Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should snake be allowed to have 2 more games at brookvale

• Yes

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I don't really care season is over

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The three of them should not play, but should go round the ground, signing stuff, in an extended Half time commemoration of their careers for MWSE. RD 25. If the club DOESNT do it, its a slap in the face to all the fans, as well as these 3 legends of our 'Decade of Dominance". A combined total of 376 tries, 550 goals and as many try assists have been contributed to our club by these three.

Luckily I have Foxtel. :)
Although Vossy laboured some Hex offside comment for forty minutes:eek:
Even Gaz had enough and piped up with 'some viewpoints need to be given a rest after a while' :giggle:
Vossy got on my nerves so much with his wingeing about this I went back to channel 9 for a while. I thought Gaz did well to rein him in.

Himself and others took massive pay cuts to stay together for so long. The reason we won titles in 2008 and 2011 and why we where so strong for so long. Will be a long time before we see such a tight playing group taking these cuts to work together in this dollar driven business.

Oh yeah he deserves another run.
G'day all,The "we took a pay cut to stay together"argument put forward by certain players was always a specious one to me.If that was their decision to stick together and the price to be payed was accepting less than what was being offered individually elsewhere then that was their choice,you can't have it both ways.
I also seem to recall the great Menzies being offered far more to switch clubs in the days when we were a complete rabble but decided to stay without constantly reminding people of doing so.
cheers mike

Does he have an anti-Manly agenda? Don't remember him ever being like that before. He sounded so adamant that every decision that went for us was wrong and the dogs were ripped off.
Voss is not bias,so the anti Manly sentiment is not the case.But he was painful Thursday night.I wonder if he was getting preparation for a return to CH9 because his call had the hallmarks of their pathetic coverage

G'day all,The "we took a pay cut to stay together"argument put forward by certain players was always a specious one to me.If that was their decision to stick together and the price to be payed was accepting less than what was being offered individually elsewhere then that was their choice,you can't have it both ways.
I also seem to recall the great Menzies being offered far more to switch clubs in the days when we were a complete rabble but decided to stay without constantly reminding people of doing so.
cheers mike

Agree their choice Mike, but we benefitted from it, and doesn't mean we can't respect them for it.

Also haven't heard them mention it too often, more like other people in their defence.

Does he have an anti-Manly agenda? Don't remember him ever being like that before. He sounded so adamant that every decision that went for us was wrong and the dogs were ripped off.
Vossy is a ballbag. Word on the street is. Vossy had no time to get dinner on his way to ANZ because he got stuck in traffic, so had a bee in his bonnet over Zorba stealing all the sandwiches, Pies, sausage rolls and lamb cutlets and left only cheese platters with cracker biscuits in the press room for everyone else before the call. Vossy was starving and fuming at the same time.

I am going to be a dreamer and whilst everyone else is wishing certain players and coaches to come good. I am going to use my wish and hope that this surgery fixes Matai and Snake and they come back next season and blow teams away, I am not ready to write off a couple of the greatest players in the modern era just yet. They could be the top 4 difference if they have a great offseason and come in injury free next year. I dont want to see them fizzle out and disappear.

I am going to be a dreamer and whilst everyone else is wishing certain players and coaches to come good. I am going to use my wish and hope that this surgery fixes Matai and Snake and they come back next season and blow teams away, I am not ready to write off a couple of the greatest players in the modern era just yet. They could be the top 4 difference if they have a great offseason and come in injury free next year. I dont want to see them fizzle out and disappear.
That's a very big dream considering both players best is way past them.TomT is the future and he's wasted on a wing.But everyone's allowed to dream

That's a very big dream considering both players best is way past them.TomT is the future and he's wasted on a wing.But everyone's allowed to dream
Tom T could play anywhere and another year learning under a fit & fast Snake and Matai would do him wonders.
I would put Tom T in the centres and throw Walker to the wing. Either way if we could get even a 90% version of Matai and Snake it is still 40% better than most of the players we hve to bring in or are off contract next year. Dont judge these 2 on this season it is obvious they were propery busted and should have had surgery earlier but we were losing and they were trying to help the side. I hope they get the swan song they deserve.

Vossy got on my nerves so much with his wingeing about this I went back to channel 9 for a while. I thought Gaz did well to rein him in.
I did exactly the same thing.

It would be great to see a rejuvenated Snake make a farewell in style at Brookvale, despite mine ( and many others) negative comments on here he sure deserves it.

BUT

Let's not forget he has a $700k ( stated in the press ) contract for 2017 so unless he gets that money he's unlikely to be going anywhere.

AND

The club hasn't even come out and said he's leaving for the ESL so a " last hurrah and walk around signing items" may be quite premature.

But I voted yes because if he's fit enough, and is leaving then he sure deserves it!!

Stewart set to quit Manly

Rugby League Week
Tony Adams

Baron of Brookvale, Brett Stewart, has had a bitter falling-out with the Sea Eagles and is set to retire.

Stewart, a favourite son at Manly for over a decade, still has a year to run on his contract with the club.
But RLW has learned that Manly have told Stewart to give it away – against the 31-year-old fullback’s wishes.

Stewart wants to play on but has a chronic knee injury that has affected his form this season.

On a heavily back-ended deal, he’ll earn $700,000 if he plays on at Manly next season.

But the club has decided youngster Tom Trbojevic, who has shone in the No.1 jersey in Stewart’s absence, is the future at fullback.

The Sea Eagles were hoping to be able to retire Stewart on medical grounds, which would enable insurance to pay his $700,000 wage bill for 2017.

But doctors have ruled Stewart’s injury to be a pre-existing condition, resulting in a showdown between player and team.

“The club’s making Brett’s life hell,” says a source close to Stewart.

“They want him out and he’s devastated.

“He has guys he thought were lifelong friends at the club who have turned on him and he’s doing it tough. Every player has a use-by date but he never thought it would end at Manly like this. It’s all very sad and he’s down in the dumps.”

French Super League club Catalans, where Stewart’s brother Glenn plays, are interested in the veteran fullback for next season. But Stewart’s knee means he’s unlikely to be fit enough to continue playing in 2017 and beyond.

He’s played only 11 games for the Sea Eagles this season, scoring a single try – the second-worst haul in his long career.

His knee has been a constant source of pain and he had a cleanout mid-season, but the problem remains.

Stewart has made only one line-break and his last game in the top grade was in round 16.

Trbojevic, in contrast, missed only one game all season and scored 10 tries.

Sad sad state of affairs. Brett should be given the opportunity to play a trial game next year to see if he can cut it. If not he should put all efforts into recuperating fully for a stint with Catalans.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6