Brett Stewart to wing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think many have the Brett Stewart of 2003-2009 confused with the Brett Stewart of 2013-16. Before he started to get serious injuries and face that travesty of a court case and embarrassing response by the League, he was the equal if not better than any full back in the game, including superior to Slater. In later years he was still dynamic but he was no longer as confident and dangerous, though still one of the best playing. In the last two years he has looked tentative.
I would argue that Stewart was still one of the best fullbacks in the game last year. It's no wonder that our form at the back end of last year coincided with Stewart's return from injury and Jamie Lyon's run of good form. It's only been this year where he has consistently been below his best.

I do see your point, but Freddie Jones to the wing? And we think Jorge is slow for a winger lol. But seriously, how do you choose between Wombat and Snake? One is our greatest point scorer, the other our record try scorer.

Snoz O'Connor was on the wing of our 60th Anniversary Dream Team in 2006 and although he did play wing for NSW and Australia, he never did for Manly. In fact, he never played a club game on the wing, not for St George, not for Manly and not for St Helens.

Hard, but a decision would have to be made. The voting maybe 51-49 but there can only be one fullback.

If Snoz was not good enough to get in a best ever team in his position, the simple fact is he should never have been named, or are best ever teams for everybody but wingers.

Ken Irvine and Michael Robertson on the wings

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8