BRETT STEWART TO SIGN WITH DRAGONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
BRETT IS NOT SIGNING WITH THE DRAGONS.

Good. That's just what i wanted to hear.

winnyason said:
Hearing we need to shave 500 k off cap under new 5 million so guessing matai and lussick going for sure.

Matai?

He won't be going anywhere.

Does anyone know who gets Manlys $300k Marquee player allowance?

If I had to free up 500k I would do as follows;
release King, recently resigned by Des and we don't need two captains plus have plenty of talent in young props.
Release Joe G at the end of the year. Joe was our best prop IMO last season but will be 37 next year. Is on next to minimum wage.
Good bye Lussick :( I am a fan of Lussick but if 5 mil is the target next season wont be able to keep him, but dont cut the ties as hopefully will one day return.

King - 300k
Joe - 80k
Rose - 100k
Lussick - 60k
TOTAL = 540k (estimate)

EDIT: there is 500K done and dusted and I personally would not complain to see those 4 guys go to keep Snake at Brookie for 2 more years.

I wish the club could work our salary cap like you've just done Clay. I'd probably keep King and release Kite, either way it would free up $$$ to keep Snake.

The reason I would release King over Kite is because King would be on more money. Kite still has value left in him as already proven by the first two rounds this season. Plus I noticed Kite does a lot of off field stuff last season which is great for the image of the club and would rub off on some of the younger guys.

Clay said:

release King, recently resigned by Des and we don't need two captains plus have plenty of talent in young props.
Release Joe G at the end of the year. Joe was our best prop IMO last season but will be 37 next year. Is on next to minimum wage.
Good bye Lussick :( I am a fan of Lussick but if 5 mil is the target next season wont be able to keep him, but dont cut the ties as hopefully will one day return.

King - 300k
Joe - 80k
Rose - 100k
Lussick - 60k
TOTAL = 540k (estimate)

EDIT: there is 500K done and dusted and I personally would not complain to see those 4 guys go to keep Snake at Brookie for 2 more years.

King is under contract, we can't just cut him unless someone else wants him.
Stewart wants four years.

Clay said:

King - 300k
Joe - 80k
Rose - 100k
Lussick - 60k
TOTAL = 540k (estimate)

Don't forget when we lose 4 players they still have to be replaced, so even (and I wouldn't want to see it ) if we replaced those players with 4 $55,000 players we are still only $320,000 ahead.

manlyborn said:
Don't forget when we lose 4 players they still have to be replaced, so even (and I wouldn't want to see it ) if we replaced those players with 4 $55,000 players we are still only $320,000 ahead.

Exactly, we are going to lose a high profile player due to our success, its sad but its reality. Getting rid of a few lower profile players achives nothing as they have to be replaced anyway.

Brett Stewart is still a Manly Sea Eagles player at least until the end of the 2012 season, so let's make it a great farewell with another premiership in 2012 if it so.

Manly supporters love him & wish he could stay but he would be the first to know how important it is for Daly Cherry-Evans & Kieran Foran resign with Manly.

At the risk of sounding all high and mighty, I can't help but agree with a few others that have posted that I wish nothing but the best for Brett and whatever he decides is best for him.
I, like everyone else, will be shattered if he goes, but if there is one bloke that deserves a bit of luck it is Brett Stewart.
All the best to you mate, and do what is best for you and your family.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6