BRETT STEWART TO SIGN WITH DRAGONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No longer shall be known as the prince of Brookvale. But good luck to him and may he stay injury free.

Very disappointed if he does leave after everything the club did for him and stuck with him through and through.

anyway life goes on and we need to find another quality fullback. I hope Gift stays with us beyond 2014.

I feel it's exactly what happened to the hoppa family. We did so much for john for over 10years. Then they all leave for parramatta our rivals.

good luck to them all. They will need it. The dragons had to bring in a Queensland legand and bring back gasnier from rugby union mid season to win a premiership and go to the next level. Now they will go back to their old self. As for parramatta, all you need to look at what they have done in the last 20yrs.

I disagree that he owes the club anything. They stuck by him In a time of need as any club would.

He has over performed for any amount of money we have paid him.

I think you will find that the 2.4 mil for four years was his managers offer to Manly giving them the last call. They decided against it. Move on and wish him well.

I have faith in David Perry and the direction he is taking us along with Geoff Toovey. It's a changing of the guard and within 2 more years we will be without Lyon King Kite George Brett and probably Glenn.

But the future has never looked better with Foran DCE TRex Watmough Ballin etc.

Well, I guess we've just re-signed Gutherson and with his speed young Joshua Robinson has great potential so we've got some options at fullback in the future.

bob dylan said:
I have faith in David Perry and the direction he is taking us along with Geoff Toovey. It's a changing of the guard and within 2 more years we will be without Lyon King Kite George Brett and probably Glenn.

But the future has never looked better with Foran DCE TRex Watmough Ballin etc.

I think that is the most important thing, we have some older players in our squad so there will be even more changes in the next few years. With two premierships in our pockets in the last 5 years and perhaps another one this year our success was always going to hurt us with the salary cap but it is time for the future with DCE and Foran spearheading the campaign.

I haven't heard that he has already signed. I'll believe it when someone from either club confirms it.

If true, I hope he uses this as motivation to win one last premiership in Manly colours. If true it makes me more confident about going back to back this year but less confident about next year. This could be the last year he ever gets to play with Glenn... Perfect motivation to go B2B. He will still always be one of my favourite players (providing he stays away from the Belmore scum). Would be sad to see him cop any flack from Manly fans. I think we should really send him off as the champion player and person that he is. The salary cap is forcing him out, he has done nothing wrong by Manly. Hasler played his part in this by tying up the old guys to contracts, stuffing up our salary cap. I'm sure Zorba will be smiling on hearing this news too. He would have been in Barry Stewarts ear on their rebel WCC tour. Zorba will see this as getting one over Dave Perry. Zorba is filth. Life, and Manly will go on. I wish Brett nothing but the best and if Manly don't win the premiership next year, I'll be cheering for Stewie to bag another.

If it's not true..... Awesome! And Zorba is filth.

Well there was always going to be one player sacrificed due to the cap - to be honest with two dodgy knees and getting closer to the 30 deep down I prefer it was Brett than losing DCE or Foran.

Brett is legend and has been through plenty and sadly with him going I guess who wont get that status at Manly like other players such as Cliffy, Randall, Eadie and co.

Just cant imagine Snake playing for another team. Then again couldnt imagine Des coaching the Dogs either. Until it's official we can always hope I suppose.

Unfortunately this does sound true given Manly's financial situation. Will be hard to watch him play in any other club colours. I wish Snake the best of luck in seeing out his career but seriously Brett, DO NOT GO TO THE BULLDOGS!!!

From the Australian this morning, a quote from Brett's manager

We have provided Manly with an initial proposition on February 12," Mimis said. "Obviously, they have been preoccupied with the World Club Challenge, along with other things. It's only been the beginning of this week I have had the chance to get together face-to-face to discuss Brett's retention.

Andrew Webster was on the BSB this morning saying he has heard the rumours but he doesn't think anything has been done yet. He said in all honesty he can't see Brett leaving Glenn. He also said Glenn is contracted til the end of 2014, not 2013. I always thought it was 2014, but others are saying 2013. Does anyone know for certain which is right?

The media trying to destabalise Manly again.

Seriously gallop needs to pull the player managers in line and make their contracts so that player negotiation/signings cannot be mentioned until the end of the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6