BRETT STEWART TO SIGN WITH DRAGONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it happens I would groom the kid from SG ball he sounds like a star.
In 2003 Brett started the season in ball before making his 1st grade debut against parramatta later in the year

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Transfer Windows / trade periods / contract settling times need to happen, it puts a dampener on the season when there's more talk about player movement than the games themselves during the season. and as has been mentioned, more room to move in the salary cap for 1 club players.

No disrepect but i disagree with this. As fans we just have to lump it, as this is a players employment. The NRL has teams in New Zealand, Melbourne and brisbane. Many players have families and have to consider schooling, housing and relocating etc

A player should be able to enter into an employment agreement whenever and however they see fit. As it is i read newcastle and the tigers are trying to sign other players this years still to accomodate injuries, with Jeff Lima being linked to the knights. This wouldnt happen under such a rule

Beside we only complain when we lose a player, but rejoice when we sign one

Cambo said:
If it happens I would groom the kid from SG ball he sounds like a star.
In 2003 Brett started the season in ball before making his 1st grade debut against parramatta later in the year

Yeah the kid sounds like the goods - a similar sort of buzz as hop jr at the same stage - but I think a call to Minichiello wouldn't be a bad idea - he would definitely command more money over seas (league or union) but he just got married and might be reluctant to leave Sydney.

Very cagey about his future at the rorters on NRL on Fox and would be good mentor for (Guntherson?) the youngster.

Having said that I would prefer to see Snake perform that role for another three years.

wizball1973 said:
Total rumours of players leaving since Des fled: Plenty

Total players lost since Des fled: None

Total players off contract in 2011: None

Total players off contract in 2012: Plenty

You: Being silly.

jbb/james said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Transfer Windows / trade periods / contract settling times need to happen, it puts a dampener on the season when there's more talk about player movement than the games themselves during the season. and as has been mentioned, more room to move in the salary cap for 1 club players.

No disrepect but i disagree with this. As fans we just have to lump it, as this is a players employment. The NRL has teams in New Zealand, Melbourne and brisbane. Many players have families and have to consider schooling, housing and relocating etc

A player should be able to enter into an employment agreement whenever and however they see fit. As it is i read newcastle and the tigers are trying to sign other players this years still to accomodate injuries, with Jeff Lima being linked to the knights. This wouldnt happen under such a rule

Beside we only complain when we lose a player, but rejoice when we sign one

No. I totally agree with the first post. This signing with another club while under contract is WRONG, and wrecks the enjoyment for most fans. Illawarra was totally destabilised mid-season by the news about Bennett departing.
Being in the corporate field I can imagine announcing that I'm leaving for a direct competitor when I still had a year or more to run on my contract.
I hate reading about the speculation. It's not just our clubs, it's every club. We should be focussing on the matches this weekend, not on 2013.

slickster71 said:
Very disappointed if he does leave after everything the club did for him and stuck with him through and through.

anyway life goes on and we need to find another quality fullback. I hope Gift stays with us beyond 2014.

I feel it's exactly what happened to the hoppa family. We did so much for john for over 10years. Then they all leave for parramatta our rivals.

good luck to them all. They will need it. The dragons had to bring in a Queensland legand and bring back gasnier from rugby union mid season to win a premiership and go to the next level. Now they will go back to their old self. As for parramatta, all you need to look at what they have done in the last 20yrs.
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't we accept the nrl's decision to suspend brett for something he didn't do.Maybe he thinks opposite & that's why he maybe leaving.

Forget this thread . Lets start a new one
BRETT STEWART TO SKIN THE TIGERS ALIVE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
slickster71 said:
Very disappointed if he does leave after everything the club did for him and stuck with him through and through.

anyway life goes on and we need to find another quality fullback. I hope Gift stays with us beyond 2014.

I feel it's exactly what happened to the hoppa family. We did so much for john for over 10years. Then they all leave for parramatta our rivals.

good luck to them all. They will need it. The dragons had to bring in a Queensland legand and bring back gasnier from rugby union mid season to win a premiership and go to the next level. Now they will go back to their old self. As for parramatta, all you need to look at what they have done in the last 20yrs.
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't we accept the nrl's decision to suspend brett for something he didn't do.Maybe he thinks opposite & that's why he maybe leaving.

I don't think the club had much of a choice really!

Napper said:
wizball1973 said:
Total rumours of players leaving since Des fled: Plenty

Total players lost since Des fled: None

Total players off contract in 2011: None

Total players off contract in 2012: Plenty

You: Being silly.

For a member, you sure are a dick.

bones said:
If true, I hope he uses this as motivation to win one last premiership in Manly colours. If true it makes me more confident about going back to back this year but less confident about next year. This could be the last year he ever gets to play with Glenn... Perfect motivation to go B2B. He will still always be one of my favourite players (providing he stays away from the Belmore scum). Would be sad to see him cop any flack from Manly fans. I think we should really send him off as the champion player and person that he is. The salary cap is forcing him out, he has done nothing wrong by Manly. Hasler played his part in this by tying up the old guys to contracts, stuffing up our salary cap. I'm sure Zorba will be smiling on hearing this news too. He would have been in Barry Stewarts ear on their rebel WCC tour. Zorba will see this as getting one over Dave Perry. Zorba is filth. Life, and Manly will go on. I wish Brett nothing but the best and if Manly don't win the premiership next year, I'll be cheering for Stewie to bag another.

If it's not true..... Awesome! And Zorba is filth.

Nice work Bones..... Well said mate !!!!

Brett is a champion, he brought us out of the cellar. I remember seeing him run down Slater at brookie when our champion side was just emerging with monas, choc, burns and co. He has some feeling to go home which is natural. let`s hope the boys can do it for him in his last season with the eagles. The prince of brookie he will always be, will go down alongside eadie as our greatest fullback.
This gives the young kid in sg ball a big opportunity. The question I have now is how does will hopoate feel with these developments given he wanted fb spot?

winnyason said:
Brett is a champion, he brought us out of the cellar. I remember seeing him run down Slater at brookie when our champion side was just emerging with monas, choc, burns and co. He has some feeling to go home which is natural. let`s hope the boys can do it for him in his last season with the eagles. The prince of brookie he will always be, will go down alongside eadie as our greatest fullback.
This gives the young kid in sg ball a big opportunity. The question I have now is how does will hopoate feel with these developments given he wanted fb spot?

It's got nothing to do with wanting to go home. It's all about $$$$$

We simply cannot afford 3 players on 600 k a year when there is another 22 to make up 3.2 million of cap it makes it too tight if he wanted 450 to 500 club might look into it

Rothfield said on this Telegraph blog today that he can't see Snake not playing with his brother. Then further down he says Gift has a get-out clause as some 3rd party deal in current Manly contract hasn't worked out.

Brissie Kid said:
Rothfield said on this Telegraph blog today that he can't see Snake not playing with his brother. Then further down he says Gift has a get-out clause as some 3rd party deal in current Manly contract hasn't worked out.

So the hacks are still going with the get out clause story

Glenn has a watertight contract now and only way out is for Manly to release him on compassionate grounds

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2