Brett Stewart availability for Sat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfman to Fullback

If Brett is out, toovey must use his brain.

Red hot form Wolfman to the no: 1 hiku to wing.

as much as I like hiku's development we are much stronger with wolf at fullback.

MPC75 said:
The suspense is killing me, I wish the club would just come out and say he is or he isn't. I don't believe what any other media outlet says, I will believe it when it's from the horses mouth.

the club isn't going to come out and say anything until they have to. (when they submit the team sheet basically), by saying so it lets the opposition plan around any changes if you announce it early, as annoying as it is for a fan, you can see why coaches and clubs always play these games.
So much smoke though... there's usually a red hot fire.

whoever it is,we have to spend more time on,as this Hammy thing with Brett looks like its going to be an ongoing thing with him,unfortunately

Will Brett always be a game by game proposition or in the off season can he get it seen to and maybe fix it up? Will he need operations to help it mend?

Briza said:
If Brett is out, toovey must use his brain.

Red hot form Wolfman to the no: 1 hiku to wing.

as much as I like hiku's development we are much stronger with wolf at fullback.

Really?

How many games has he played at full back? And now is the time to put him there?

I don't like it. Wolfie's play as a link man is untested, Hiku has had some game time and training time at fullback. He's the obvious candidate.

If Brett is not 100% don't play him or he could do further damage. We get 2 bites of the cherry by finishing 4th, heck we could actually win without him.

With no JWH the forwards are evenly matched. With no Snake the backs are evenly matched. This game is 50/50. What will win it will be relentless 400 + tackles defence. MWSE have shown they can do it if they need to. In theses circumstances Manly by 6.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
With no JWH the forwards are evenly matched. With no Snake the backs are evenly matched. This game is 50/50. What will win it will be relentless 400 + tackles defence. MWSE have shown they can do it if they need to. In theses circumstances Manly by 6.
With no JWH, our front row rotation is better. Our halves are better. The result is therefore elementary.
I picked Kite as our key man and he will lead from the front.

Let's hope our defence is up to it if Snake is out. Snake is a master at talking at the back, getting everyone into the right position and making some unbelievable try saving tackles.

The Wolfman will need to man up (ie. mark his man) cause Hiku's not nearly as good as Brett is at covering the Wolfman. Anyone know why the Wolfman always comes in off his wing?

I'd love to know what the stats are for opposition tries scored after getting outside the Wolfman. It must be nearly 1 a game this season?

Rodo said:
The Wolfman will need to man up (ie. mark his man) cause Hiku's not nearly as good as Brett is at covering the Wolfman. Anyone know why the Wolfman always comes in off his wing?

Because the majority of the time, the winger follows his centre, and Lyon comes in a lot so Wolfman has to follow, there have been occassions when he has jammed up on his own and missed his man, but they are the minority

If he doesn't come in off his wing when Lyon goes in, the centre scores untouched

So often people just look at the result at the end of the defensive backline rather than what is happening with the inside men

Release brett , he is to injury prone....offer will hopate hes money....that is all....

Release brett , he is to injury prone....offer will hopate hes money....that is all....

mr seagles said:

Crawl back under the bridge troll.....that is all

Kiwi Eagle said:
Because the majority of the time, the winger follows his centre, and Lyon comes in a lot so Wolfman has to follow, there have been occassions when he has jammed up on his own and missed his man, but they are the minority

If he doesn't come in off his wing when Lyon goes in, the centre scores untouched

So often people just look at the result at the end of the defensive backline rather than what is happening with the inside men

That makes sense Kiwi. Do you think it's purely Lyon's fault? Maybe it's Toovey who has been coaching them this way. I just don't understand why they have not corrected this weakness.

Maybe Lyon is not nearly as good a defender as most people make him out to be.

Alot of suicidal fans, far out we are not a one man team. Yes our record isnt that great without him but hiku is a worthy replacement. We went to Melbourne with hiku at fullback and came away with a draw, hiku had a blinder. Have some bloody faith and put your razor blades away ffs. Doing my head in.

Rodo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That makes sense Kiwi. Do you think it's purely Lyon's fault? Maybe it's Toovey who has been coaching them this way. I just don't understand why they have not corrected this weakness.

Maybe Lyon is not nearly as good a defender as most people make him out to be.

It must be a structural thing, Lyon is too good a footballer to be making a mistake continuously, it may even go further infield than that with Lyon following his inside man

At a guess we use that structure to make teams try and go around us by showing them the space out there, and backing Brett and Lyon to cover the ground to cut it off, quite often you will see Lyon taking off behind Wolfman very quickly in cover defence and more often than not he and Brett are there stopping them

That's just my theory anyway, whether it's right or not, who knows

mr seagles said:

You will more than likely be released again very soon

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7